++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

That's generally the interpretation I prefer, though of course there are foppish Slaaneshi in the same time there are inflexible and incompetent Ultramarines.

And yeah, the idea I have is very much like the Anarchists Cookbook, albit much better informed. Special formations like the Lament of the Damned and occult rituals for boosting power replacing the parts of the Codex he didn't like, with the rest being rewritten to show how to best plunder Imperials and Eldar(A lot of the Noise Marines he knew were Xenocients really into Eldar sonic weapons.) and simple guides to building a secure out of the way fortress to use as a sort of 'Pirates Cove".

The name I was thinking of was "Codex: Metuo Adeptus" or, Book of Dread Pupils/students It isn't so big it's hard to say in a sentence, even if it doesn't roll of the tongue. For example:

TEHRE IS NOH TIME TO BE LOHST!

BATUL BROTHERS!

SPEHESS MARINES, TODEH WE ARE AT TEH ENEMIES DOAR! WE WHANT OUR PLUNDA AND WE WHEL GET EET, WE FIGHT FOH LOOT AS EMPRAHS CHILDREN! AS SPHESS MAHRINES! WE FIGHT FOR TEH DARHKLING PRINCE. 

AND IF WE DIE THIS DAY WE DIE IN GLOREH, WE DIE A HERETICS DEFF, BUT WE WILL NOT DIE! NO!! IT IS TEH ENEMY WHO WILL TASTE DEATH AND DEFEAT.

AS YOU KNOW, MOAST OF OUR BROTHERS ARE STAHATIONED IS SPHESS, PRUPHERED TO DEEP STRIKE BEHIND OUR ENHEMES LINE, SHOULD TEH BE SHO COWARDLY ANDFOOLISH AS TO HIDE BEHIND TEHR WALLS! WE HAVE SNUCK BEHIND SEVERAHL BEACONS, ALLOWING FOR MULTHPEL DEVEHESTATING OFENCEHEVE DEEHP STRIKES.

THE CODHEX METUO ADEHPTUS NAHMS THIS MANUVHA SHADOW STROM! WE WILL DESCEND UPHON THE FOE, WE WHEL OVERWHELM THEM, WE WILL LEAVE NONE ALIVE! MEHNWHILE OUR GROUND FAWSSES WILL ENSURE THE DEFENSE OF OUR HEADQUARTERS.

WEH ARE THE EMPERAHS CHILDREN! WE ARE SLAANESH'S FUREH!

Edited by Loesh

I'll put my name down. Its a new start for me, ive sold 20 years of mini's and am now planning out my force. While the bulk are BlackLegion, they ally with an EC warband named "The Cult of the Golden Chains" led by the Lord-Audiatrix Ssyth'thala.

Ssyth'thala is a new character in my BlackCrusade game. I intend to play him from his ritual binding within an escapepod following his unsuccesful attempt to challange his old Warlord through to his landing on Lind and fighting through a BlackTemplar led defence force to his achieving a higher state of purity and service in the Dark Princes name. He is on a spiritual quest to better serve Slaanesh and forge his own warband.

Already he has seduced the 15 cultists that tried to kill him and cut down 3 BT with his power sword. The first one died so hard his head came off and the body ran 14 metres into a temple before bursting into flame and allowing a sorcerer to channel a greater daemon into the material realm. THATS why im keeping this guy :D 

Ill post more as the project develops.

Anyone own the new Abaddon book? I'm keen to start collecting all the scraps of info for an index. EC are mentioned a lot, and seem to have been hardcore raiders (ravers) since before the legion wars.

We may be the reason there was a legion war to start with :devil:

Edited by Emperors Immortals

The slave wars were attributed to the EC exhausting theirs and Fabius cloning operations.

Is it Friday morning yet?

Yes, and hell yes.

The slave raiding was down to us. But everyone else was too busy sulking and licking their wounds to RSVP the party invitations.

Friday evening here - settling in with a good bourbon and a looong dinner :D

What i'm thinking is that EC were instrumental in shaping the post-legion structure and behaviour of CSM. I dont know where to go with that thought, it's just nice we are getting some background.

Ssyth'thala has now dedicated the slaughter of 3 Black Templars to the Dark Prince. 1 by bolt round at 15 metres and the other two in close combat with a power sword. The beserker is impressed, the sorcerer posessed and all I want is a trophy rack that matches my depravity.

I can see my distractions have led to me having so update time on my hands here :tu:

And just in case there may be a Chaos painting event in the pipeline soon, I've begun to finally build my first Noise Marine squad.

Aurellian Ca'Varth reclined upon his throne within the heart of his warship Damnation's Caress, mirror to that sitting proudly upon the bridge though he rarely used it. Here he was free of the miserable stench, fearful glances and pathetic though pulses of the myriad slaves and mutants who laboured for his glory. Privately he admitted to himself that he preferred a divan covered in fine silks with his immortal handmaidens to serve his every whim and desire but as Magister of the Coven, his ego demanded nothing less than a visible demonstration of his ascendancy. Sighing in irritated contentment. he cast his eyes towards the rafters of his great hall, the white marble floors and walls brightly illuminated by dozens of globes of soft light yet doing nothing to banish the shadows that danced and clawed their way around the chamber. Merely focusing his thoughts upwards brought his brides to his side. He lowered his eyes again to drink in the sight of the dead before him.

Once the four had been Eldar, priestesses of cults that had ritual significance upon the various craftworlds they'd inhabited. Now their spirits had been utterly excoriated from the flesh, months of torture and desecration committed upon their souls leaving the husks ripe for domination by the Neverborn birthed by the Dark Prince. Even briefly recalling a second of what he had put them through sent shivers of ecstasy rippling through his body. Now they were his Ghaluronei "Those soul-beat and cast into the maw of Her" in the more common Eldar dialect.  Each utterly subservient to his will, the countless scars and brands over the bodies ensured compliant binding, without sacrificing daemonic strength in the process. And they were beautiful, still retaining the grace and pose of their former selves, each movement provocative, their every glance a sensual challenge from the constellations replacing their eyes. Again, as always, Ca'Varth felt desire uncoil within his stomach. He wanted to take them as he had countless times before, violate them in ways only the Dark Prince could conceive of, leave them screaming in pain and rapture for such were the appetites of the daemons in their flesh that any pleasure or pain inflicted upon them simply drove them to even further extremes of sensation.

Finally allowing himself to look upwards again, he sent his sixth sense probing into the psychic ice that spiralled down from the ceiling, cradling in it's tender grasp four glass caskets, carved and moulded into coffins. The tormented screams within each almost left him shaking in pleasure. Within were the souls of the Ghaluronei, preserved from Oblivion to offer up fresh bounties of suffering. The delicious irony of suffering at his hands or escaping into the waiting embrace of Slaanesh added further agony. This time he did surrender to the wave of ecstasy bubbling through him, his eyes rolling in their sockets and his limbs thrashing against his throne. His handmaidens simply clustered around him, feeding off the rapturous mist seeping from his armour.

He had no way of knowing how much time had passed, he didn't bother with mundane things such a cronometer within his armour, not when most of the systems on the warp-forged plate were geared towards pumping chemicals through his bloodstream to further his peerless combat ability. Thus it came as something of a surprise when his chief underling Tiberius prostrated himself before his master's throne.

Ca'Varth glared down at the human, the venom in his stare more real and menacing than any spoken threat.

Tiberius kept his gaze to the floor, the loss of his birth eyes for the crime of looking at his lord without permission serving as the most brutal and effective reminder of the place of the slave. He cleared his throat and spoke softly. "Word has come my prince. Amardan Steelgait has entreated your presence during a blooding on the shoals of the Garval Riptides. He expresses his wish that you bring forth the Coven and bare your blades for glory."

Ca'Varth sighed in bored indulgence, knowing that the Iron Warrior had said nothing of the sort. Armardan was a brute pig, a civil tongue was the least of the virtues absent to him. However he had proven useful in the past. He commanded no less than six ships, almost unheard of here in the Eye at the height of the Legion Wars and his principle of maintaining enough munitions to outfit an old Expeditionary Fleet meant that he was also a rich source of resupply. But he had yet to apologise for the insult of not contacting him first for previous raids. Such a thing could not be borne.

Turning back to his contemplation of the damned souls chained above he dismissed his slave "Inform the good Warsmith that his lack of an apology for his past insults shall illicit no bloodshed on my behalf this time. Let him take what stale glory he can from killing weaklings or outcasts. He carries enough weaponry to keep it interesting for at least forty seconds so he may enjoy the spectacle with my blessings"

"Forgive me Lord Magister, but he also bade me to tell you that Almanos and Aldanath have pledged their fleets to his cause. The victims demand as much for the soothing of old mockeries," Tiberius was actually trembling now. The temper of his lord not easily courted.

Ca'Varth stood slowly and rested his boot mere inches from the mortal's face. All boredom melting away in the inferno of anger.

"I do not care what those fops happen to consider worthwhile. Old bonds were bled white long before we ever came to this juncture.There is more. Speak slave. Do not drip honey into bitter piss and tell me it's fine wine. You will speak. Now"

"He also said that you could finally have redress against the pig who named you emasculate, paupe-"

Tiberius never finished the message. With a scream of unarticulated fury Ca'Varth kicked the slave's head clean from his shoulders, sending a bright crimson spray arching behind it across the marble floor. Spit flying from his lips, he railed at the corpse he had just made.

"You do not ever call me Pauper Lord! I am no pauper and I will be more man than those filthy whoresons will ever appreciate!"

On it went. For over an hour, with not a single threat repeated. As the rage died away, Ca'varth slowly realised with chagrin, that he had not asked the slave the conjunction area. Sighing again, he knelt over the corpse, dipping his fingers in the cold blood and quickly daubing symbols into the deck around the body. Blood began to pool on his tongue as he whispered the incantation to drag the slaves spirit back from the Warp. Necromancy was no great mystery to him. It was just so degrading to have to deal with a soul he'd already killed. Revenge on the VIII Legion scum was worth far more than a little inconvenience however.

Feedback appreciated as ever

I can see my distractions have led to me having so update time on my hands here :thumbsup:

And just in case there may be a Chaos painting event in the pipeline soon, I've begun to finally build my first Noise Marine squad.

bowt bloody time, only took you nearly a year

whatever you make, you will make for the glory of KAY-OHSS!!!!!

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/23602868/images/1362892983839.jpg

Yes, I am making this cultist for the call. I will regret nothing. 

Edited by SlaveToDarkness

Hey guys! Completely forgot to throw in an update on Sigvalds Warband because I was too busy being a chatterbox in the Legion thread I made.

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/the-lash-of-loesh.31039/

I had finished putting together some suitably pretentious names and backstory, have two other collaborators on the project. If you guys ever take even a passing interest in Warhammer: Eternal Crusade, feel free to hit me and my guild up. We aren't Emperors Children exclusively, but given that the other two members are story-wise it seems to be trending that way in majority.

Edited by Loesh

Nice content there Loesh. Talk about throwing a curve ball at the table top wargaming lot here :thumbsup:

It was something I hadn't checked up a lot on since the development teams been on vacation, as soon as the community manager came back I was like "Oh yeah, my first post on the forums was about this game to begin with."

To my knowledge a proper Emperors Children  subfaction is being planned post launch along with full god dedication(Marks of the Gods are being used to bridge the gap in the meantime). It's got the official Games Workshop stamp to the point that the games going to be made canon, Graham Mcneil is even working on the story. 

It's being made in the same vein as Planetside 2 so it's not for everyone certainly, but it's a cool little project to look forward to in a year from now.

• 3 weeks later...

So it looks like at least our Sonic Dreads are back, ruleswise, in IA13.  (Though who lnows, maybe Sonic Preds will be covered in the new Relic Pred entry too - we can hope!)

Anyway, while I wait to get my hands on a copy of IA13, does anybody recall what the old Sonic Dread rules were like?  Are they basically another platform for Doom Sirens, Sonic Blasters and Blastmasters?   If so, hopefully the Sonic Blaster option will be x2 or something similar - even with Relentless, a single Sonic Blaster seems fairly meh to me.  The Warp Amp does sound pretty interesting though, and it'd be really nice if we somehow could get Fleet too.

The older rules from the IA apocalypse book lists it as two sonic blasters, not a twinlinked sonic blaster. 12 S4 cover ignoring shots with the Warp Amplifier could be awesome for a dread, my friends genestealers would probably break a sweat.

Have to agree - x2 on the Sonic Blasters, plus a Doom Siren (? - the FW website makes reference to this as part of the basic mini, so I'm guessing it was an option) and a CCW might be nasty too.

Forgot to ask - were they crazy, just like the rest of our Dreads?  (I can't see a follower of Slaanesh staying sane in a situation like this, but one can hope.)