++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

I guess they're pretty super duper insane, if most "normal" chaos dreads are driven over the edge by the loss of their senses, I imagine a noise marine being interred as completely lost.
Rules wise, do you think that the warp amplifier stacks with the crazed table? Depending on the wording, that might count for 18 or 24 shots at BS4. Unless there is something preventing you to use the warp amp when immobilised or something.

Edit: wasn't aware of the swear filter.

Edited by Slaanbull

I personally want the dreads without crazed. The Helbrute becoming a mass produced prison or meat coffin makes sense, but the madness rules for all of the dreadnoughts when they can obviously stay sane needs some distinguishment.

The Violators Captain or the NL former Commander are two examples. What I want to know is if you can use the FW dreads to fill in for the dataslate brute formations, I'm guessing no.

I personally want the dreads without crazed. The Helbrute becoming a mass produced prison or meat coffin makes sense, but the madness rules for all of the dreadnoughts when they can obviously stay sane needs some distinguishment.

The Violators Captain or the NL former Commander are two examples. What I want to know is if you can use the FW dreads to fill in for the dataslate brute formations, I'm guessing no.

Depends on who you're playing with, really. Honestly, if the weapons are properly represented on the model, then I don't really care what chassis you use. And even then I wouldn't be too strict on WYSIWYG

To Each their own....

I wonder if (and hope not) the amp will be like the Sentinel grav amp and take up one arm mount.

Don't think so. The FW model has extra Speakers mounted on its hull. I guess those are gonna be the amplifiers. Would have liked a stock Doom Siren but hey I won't complain here.

Though I still wonder about the mounted storm bolter...seems strange that its there instead of a combi-bolter but lets wait for the book. Hope I'll get my copy sometime next week.

Hi Forte!

I just though of something. I'm putting all this effort into my little Post-heresy warband, but I totally forgot to ask you to put them in the roster!

Would you mind adding Belucifariel the Angeline Holocaust and his Cult of the Fanged Blossom?

Hi Forte!

I just though of something. I'm putting all this effort into my little Post-heresy warband, but I totally forgot to ask you to put them in the roster!

Would you mind adding Belucifariel the Angeline Holocaust and his Cult of the Fanged Blossom?

I certainly will but on the condition that they end up looking amazing in penance for painting so many World Eaters ;)

Flints gone Slaanesh?? this is gonna be deliciously sexy :D

Go check out her wip thread :tu:

Well as much as a Nurgling like me despises Slaaneshi followers, I have in fact thought of a rather interesting tactic for Noise Marines using the new IA13:

Ingredients:

Karybidis Assault Pod with Dirge Caster

lots of tooled up noise marines

armoury relics

You see, Karybidis guarantees you will be in the enemy deployment and able to charge turn two unless it gets taken out on entry by interceptor shots (somewhat unlikely, but could happen). Fill said Karybidis with noise marines tooled up with sonic blisters or close combat weapons depending on preference.

Karybidis using guidance lands right in the middle of a juicy target and burns them with S6 blast whilst protecting your boys through being in hover mode. It then fires huge amounts of dakka from its 5 missile pods at anything that might be a threat. Turn two, the noise marines jump out and proceed to Bolter the living daylights out of anything that moves or nasty doom siren charge.

Here's the interesting part, some of the relics synergise really well with NM. I don't remember the names off the top of my head, but options include squads with icon of excess gaining extra combat resolution, models nearby getting FNP (if you don't want icon), and the option to make the Karybidis weapons pinning, or increase dirge caster range by another 6 inches. Given that NM are I5, potential tactic could be to combine big range dirge caster with doom siren close combat squads (tau) or perhaps pinning missiles with salvo weapons (huge numbers of shots), daring people to charge you with your sirens and i5.

I am still refining the idea, and welcome to suggestion, just think it could be more hilarious than using the more reliable, but slower Spartan.

Of Note: Unless it has changed, the Kharybdis' missile launchers are already pinning.

Then the extended range Dirge Caster makes the most sense, although many of the relics could be used for good effect.

Well i guess i should introduce myself and my followers of the Dark Prince

They are the Hawk Knights an ultramarines successor who aimed to be the best of the best however after having countless acalades and battle honours given to other chapters when they had been taking on the more dangerous missons they as one prayed to the Emperor praying for him to raise them to perfection.

Hearing this was like sweet music to the Dark Prince and as they continued to pray the 6 worlds they ruled over became shrouded in a warp storm. When the warp storm vanished so had the worlds that where there. The imperium believed them to be destroyed but unknown to them they had fallen to the dark princes promises and had reborn themselves as the Sons of Slaaneth. Keeping themselves as a chapter they had a large amount of geneseed on the world and a large amount of willing applicants to be transformed into the Dark Princes favoured sons. Now when they attack the imperium they target worlds close to chapter home worlds shrouding the target world in the warp enabling them to show the worlds poor inhabitants the power of the Dark Prince. Several times have they struck worlds with geneseed vaults slaying most of the marines and humans while taking the few survivers to be tortured or turned into slaves and taking the geneseed in the vaults and that of the dead to increase their chapters strength they are believed to number around 6000 marines in size split between 20 companies however it is unknown if any of these marines are from other warbands who have been defeated by the Sons of Slaanesh or marines who have been captured and then turned to the dark prince or freshly created marines

Finally got round to updating the roll call on page 1. Oops.

So how is Slaanesh doing so far with the Call of Chaos vows? I know mine is slow going.