[HH1.0] Iron Warriors Tactics

AfroCampbell

Alternatively 20 Iron Havoks could all shoot out each turn I guess. Then just some terms in case anyone gets close.

It really is an all eggs in one basket deal no matter what you put in it though.

Unfortunately you can only shoot from the back.

...That can't be right surely?

It counts as open topped for shooting right? Open topped for everything except damage rolls.

Open topped for embarking/disembarking. Shooting is limited to the back "swimming pool " and only a maximum of twenty dudes can shoot. That is another special rule that tank has. From there you have quiet bad lines of sight to what is happening at the front.

Alternatively 20 Iron Havoks could all shoot out each turn I guess. Then just some terms in case anyone gets close.

It really is an all eggs in one basket deal no matter what you put in it though.

Unfortunately you can only shoot from the back.

...That can't be right surely?

It counts as open topped for shooting right? Open topped for everything except damage rolls.

Open topped for embarking/disembarking. Shooting is limited to the back "swimming pool " and only a maximum of twenty dudes can shoot. That is another special rule that tank has. From there you have quiet bad lines of sight to what is happening at the front.

Bah, roll it up and pivot it sideways: BRROOOOAADSSSSIIIIDDEEEE !

Deredeo/ Mortis dread probably.

Or Havocs with an Apothecary.

Been thinking about this for a few days now and I'm leaning towards Admech allies. Being sword brothers means we get independent character shenanigans, some of which are silly. Most importantly though, admech can give any of their units interceptor. Some really interesting possibilities for a 400-500 point allied detachment.

^Mechanicum are awesome allies for the Iron Warriors for so many reasons.

I'm actually going the opposite direction, allying a tact squad, a chaplain and a 3-bot Domitar-Ferrum posse to my Ordo Reductor. 

Oh boy I have a good one for you gents. In my collectors edition Javlin Attack Speeders are listed as Lords of War. Yep.

So does that mean Javlins are lords of war or does that mean Iron Havocs are still elites :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

How do Iron Warriors go with Armoured Breakthrough? What little infantry you need isn't going to run unless they get beaten in close combat which hopefully won't happen!

Here's my idea for 2500 points, which is an armoured company of veterans from the Unification Wars. Basically they have opted to keep using their volkites instead of rearming themselves with the fandangled new bolt weapons (allowing me to use calivers for my infantry which I've always wanted to use). The Seekers are the marksmen that have opted to take up the new bolt weapons however.

Master of Armour - Sicaran Battle Tank with ceramite, HKM, LC Sponsons, Armoured Breakthrough

Predators x2 - LC Sponsons

Support Squad x10 - Volkite Calivers, Extra CCW, Sgt with AA, Melta Bombs, Power Axe, Rhino

Support Squad x10 - Volkite Calivers, Extra CCW, Sgt with AA, Melta Bombs, Power Axe, Rhino

Seekers x10 - Sgt with AA, Melta Bombs, Power Axe

-LR Proteus - TL Lascannon

Sicaran Venator - Dozer Blade

Deredeo - Aiolos Missile Launcher

Vindicators x2 - LDA, Dozer Blades, 1x Machine Spirit

2500 on the dot. Predators try to pop any transports and light to medium armour. Seekers hunt enemy elites. Volkites to plonk themselves on objectives, with hopefully the extra CCW providing some oomph if they get stuck in melee. Plenty of anti-armour with a Venator, 2x LDA Vindicators and the Warlord and his Sicaran.

Edited by exsanguis

Cool fluff. Cool stuff.

Unsure if it gets anything out of being Iron Warriors specifically (except for the lack of morale issues which in itself is crazy good!)

I'd almost say for some fun take some Havocs with missiles (and flakk) instead of a Deredeo. Bit of flavour and they can hop out the rhino turn one ready for any flyers that will appear turn two on wards :)

Forcing an extra turn could be harsh though seeing as your vehicles could be on last legs by then...

Hi guys,

How do Iron Warriors go with Armoured Breakthrough? What little infantry you need isn't going to run unless they get beaten in close combat which hopefully won't happen!

Here's my idea for 2500 points, which is an armoured company of veterans from the Unification Wars. Basically they have opted to keep using their volkites instead of rearming themselves with the fandangled new bolt weapons (allowing me to use calivers for my infantry which I've always wanted to use). The Seekers are the marksmen that have opted to take up the new bolt weapons however.

Master of Armour - Sicaran Battle Tank with ceramite, HKM, LC Sponsons, Armoured Breakthrough

Seekers x10 - Sgt with AA, Melta Bombs, Power Axe

-LR Proteus - TL Lascannon

Deredeo - Aiolos Missile Launcher

Vindicators x2 - LDA, Dozer Blades, 1x Machine Spirit

2500 on the dot. Predators try to pop any transports and light to medium armour. Seekers hunt enemy elites. Volkites to plonk themselves on objectives, with hopefully the extra CCW providing some oomph if they get stuck in melee. Plenty of anti-armour with a Venator, 2x LDA Vindicators and the Warlord and his Sicaran.

Forgive me if this something basic, but why the Machine Spirit on the Vindicator? Does it actually let it shoot its LDA at a different target than its squadron mate?

Alright so what about this:

Master of Armour - Sicaran with AC, Dozer Blade, HKM, LC Sponsons, Armoured Breakthrough

Predator - LC Sponsons

Predator - LC Sponsons

Predator - LC Sponsons

Predator - LC Sponsons

Veterans x10 - 2x HB with Shrapnel Bolts, Sgt with AA, Combi-weap, Power Axe, Rhino with HB and Shrapnel Bolts

Veterans x10 - 2x HB with Shrapnel Bolts, Sgt with AA, Combi-weap, Power Axe, Rhino with HB and Shrapnel Bolts

Seekers x10 - Sgft with AA, Melta Bombs, Power Axe

-LR Proteus - TL Lascannon, AC

Iron Havocs x10 - Sgt with AA, Scanner, Melta Bombs, 10x ML, Rhino

Vindicator - LDA, Dozer Blade

Again, 2500 points exactly. Will need to change my fluff, and I guess I am not as "in love" with this idea as I am with the choom list above.

What's everyone's opinion on using the new cheaper Assault squads instead of tacticals to make up the compulsory troops in our lists?

I'm returning to my IW army but feel the need to use something else instead of tacticals, my current tactical squad might become a unit of seekers

What's everyone's opinion on using the new cheaper Assault squads instead of tacticals to make up the compulsory troops in our lists?

I'm returning to my IW army but feel the need to use something else instead of tacticals, my current tactical squad might become a unit of seekers

Depends on rite of war & the rest of the list etc.

Other than making sure they won't run before combat - IW don't really get any bonuses that make assault marines any better than Tacs with an extra CCW.

There is some slight synergy with Pert giving them Furious Charge in the enemy deployment though I suppose.

Depends on rite of war & the rest of the list etc.

Other than making sure they won't run before combat - IW don't really get any bonuses that make assault marines any better than Tacs with an extra CCW.

There is some slight synergy with Pert giving them Furious Charge in the enemy deployment though I suppose.

Assault Marines are better than tacticals by their very nature of mobility, hammer of wrath, and power weapons in the squad.