++ Pit of Pestilence - A Death Guard Community ++

So I've been rummaging through bits from loyalists and chaos marines, and decided to finally just build the two squads of pms and scratch in regulars while I fix the rhinos and bikers.

Are the DV bolter chosen too tacky to use as PM champs, or should I just bash a few things together?

Are the DV bolter chosen too tacky to use as PM champs, or should I just bash a few things together?

Nah they will be fine, try and stick some dripping innards or something on there just to make them look yummy

The Chosen minis are really starting to grow on me, esp as I'm used to converting them now. If I had the cash I'd by a load of them and convert an entire army from them and raptor bits. 

Also, bonus for me, I'm off to warhammer world on the 7th for the first poppys angels meet up, if I dont blow all my cash on crap food in the service stations I might pick up some FW Nurgle Termy parts, hopefully I can have that cup of tea with John Blanche as well so we can chat about his Inq28 warbands. 

I haven't sculpted or converted in 6 months due to lots of changes in my life. I am sad because I was making so much progress the last few years.

I recently finally started again and hoped I could get my old confidence and skills back. I decided to dive in right away by picking up where I left off on my most ambitious project to date: my Nurgle Fire Raptor. I've seen only a few of these that people have posted online, and I'm confident that what I am cooking up will blow the other Nurgle FRs away. I just hope I have the creativity and execution to bring my Nurgle vision to life! My goal is to surpass the Nurgle Maulerfiends I made in 2014.

welocme back to the hobby, Sternenfaust. I don't think you're not a good painter at all. From what I see, your paint style has that John Blanche flair about it. Looking great.

Welcome back to the fold Sternenfaust!

Thanks! I'm slowly adding a few more models and one squad of plague zombies... oh, and I loved John Blanche's Artworks back then, so, thank you very much!

I used to have an old (german) white dwarf, which featured a quite big Khorne/Nurgle Chaos Space Marine Army by a german player (if I remember correctly), which was a huge inspiriation, but I can't seem to find that WD anywhere and there seems to be nothing on the net..

Edited by Sternenfaust

'faust what edition of 40k was out at the time? Ill try hunting it down if i can, got a large collection of wd mags on my laptop

Should have been the 3rd edition. It was an army, which was buildt as two seperate ones (One Khorne, one Nurgle) and was heavily converted. And featured, obviously, lots of 2nd edition minis.

• 2 weeks later...

So is this the new Nurgle sub-forum? I haven't played in a long time, but I wish I could paint and play, hopefully next year my life will be better, my website and army remain and I still have plans and ambitions...

So is this the new Nurgle sub-forum? I haven't played in a long time, but I wish I could paint and play, hopefully next year my life will be better, my website and army remain and I still have plans and ambitions...

It'd be great to see you back around Muskie. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Been a while anyone posted in here but thought I should post some of my latest Nurgle conversions

Converted a Betrayal at Calth dread into a chaos contemptor for one of my ETL vows just to try and kick start it

gallery_59703_9915_661231.jpeg

gallery_59703_9915_383080.jpeg

May of went a bit overboard on conversions but really happy with how he turned out, I had plenty of skaven and daemon bits just lying around I love the conversion posilibities tte BaC dread offers and will definitely grabbing another two to convert up with different weapon variants. This suckers armed with a butcher cannon which I made by carving up both the multi melta and assault cannon as well as a quad cannon from an aegis defence line gluing bits and pieces together. Wrecking ball arm is the plague censer from the skaven room bell kit them used hellbrute, chaos warrior and plague bearer bits for the rest plus done I was in a crazy mode exactly seven nurglings to curry favour from the pestilential lord. Oh and there is a forgeworld terminator which I shall paint in some loyalist colours to act as a trophy, God I waste heaps of money on conversion bits lol :D

Currently working on some custom fluff for this guy who shall be named Bulus Sirl

Edited by teutonicavenger