Casual 30k Hobby Challenge. Month 1

Frostmourne

Really? I'll have a look. I wasn't too sure about it either, honestly.

And I can see it being the case with the Phoenix Guard Terminators having it be their "thing".

Thanks for the kind comments. So, small status update. Nothing to show on my Scars as yet. Managed to get my Alpha Legion squad primed:

http://zedmeister.co.uk/resimg/hh/AL-Basecoat.jpg

Having a bit of trouble priming them at present. Looks like I haven't cleaned some of the faceplates on my Mk II's properly as the primer didn't stick. Time for a 2nd clean and a re-prime attempt. I'll then do a zenithal white prime over the black afterwards.

As an aside, anyone found any decent black spraycan primer that sticks to resin? I'm using the Vallejo polyurethane airbrush primer at the moment - lovely for tanks, not so good for models with nooks and crannies.

And here's the obligatory pile of resin:

http://zedmeister.co.uk/resimg/hh/TheMountain.jpg

Also, had my latest order dispatched from FW which should hopefully arrive soon:

1 Typhon

Hyperios Tarantula Air Defence Battery

3 Rapier's with Heavy Bolters

Various bits and accessories

All made possible by a series of recent mass ebay sales. May have to do more selling I think.

My thats quite a haul you've got there not jealous at all.... Much lol STILL waiting for my FW order to turn up... At this rate i could have walked there picked it up my self and walked back by now :/ british postal service for ya eh?

As for the spray primer ive been using halfords auto primers for a while now n have no complaints so far. I use the white, black and grey

My thats quite a haul you've got there not jealous at all.... Much lol STILL waiting for my FW order to turn up... At this rate i could have walked there picked it up my self and walked back by now :/ british postal service for ya eh?

As for the spray primer ive been using halfords auto primers for a while now n have no complaints so far. I use the white, black and grey

The benefits of liquidating your miniature and book collection on ebay!

Didn't think they did black primer. I've only ever seen grey and white (which I use)

Depends on the postage option you select n cost of order i think, this order was just standard postage, was "dispatched" first thing tuesday morning and its now half way thru Thursday to go from Nottingham to Leeds. Normally sposed to be 3 working days to process then another 2/3 days postage (within the uk obviously)

Depends on the postage option you select n cost of order i think, this order was just standard postage, was "dispatched" first thing tuesday morning and its now half way thru Thursday to go from Nottingham to Leeds. Normally sposed to be 3 working days to process then another 2/3 days postage (within the uk obviously)

Leeds eh? Where abouts in Leeds?

O.o a fellow Leeds lad? N im living up by seacroft atm

O.o a fellow Leeds lad? N im living up by seacroft atm

Aye a fellow Leeds lad! I'm in Pudsey lol (or Putsey as some pronounce it :D)

Yeah mine too, been a Black Templar since i picked up my first codex so naturally the sons of Dorn would be my legion but noooo they have to be yellow dont they >< lol you could try looking thru the PCA and tutorial sections.. Didnt help me but as its your second go ur already more patient then me :)

And i chose to do a traitor (altho probably loyalist version) legion, did a few IW and a cpl of NL (guess the reasoning? Lol) and finally settled on world eaters if its good enough for Sigismund its good enough for me lol

@grand_master85 & Wyvern: Thank you for your comments. I feel unsure of painting IF, but I was reconsidering them after I received my FW purchases. So hard to stay focused sometimes on one legion.

Yep especially when their as shady as the 1st :p lol

Archived