Casual 30k Hobby Challenge. Month 1

Frostmourne

grand_master85@ nice looking alpha you got there

and betrayer41 @great looking guys ,glad i am not alone in the painted fingers clan laugh.png

i have been busy myself on the gal vorbak

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/0c289157-a5f9-4bea-a788-fab164b7fdae_zps5e391e57.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/ff899229-1023-467e-899b-fd3e81221321_zpsf2a7b986.jpg

more pix on my true word

How to avoid changing legions all the time: Buy and paint a few hundred points of one legion.

Now whenever I feel the urge to change, I just look at my IW and think..."its too expensive to start all over again!" and then proceed to order some more IW smile.png

Really, you wont stop thinking about the other legions till you start painting one of them.

Edit: sick gal Vorbak there!

Well, I'm wondering about the Alphas Rite of War. If I use another Legions unit, do I paint them in their original colours, or do I paint them in Alpha colours over the Legion minis

Tbh, I already have a nice Legion army :) this is a bonus and a project for me. I just still don't want it to be a total chore

I love painting yellow. Even with a brush, its not so bad as long as you use thin layers and understand a little about how colors work.

If you're spending 100+ dollars on FW minis, consider an airbrush instead. For the same money you'll save a ton of time with fantastic results.

I mean if your going AL to take other Legion units, I'd paint them up as such for the "infiltration" bonus/fluff. (in the OG legion scheme they come from)

Stuff it. I was tempted by Death Guard briefly but the Alphas have it. I've already got a couple of small units half painted in that scheme. I'll chop the Fists emblems off the regular guys. Do I do the same on the unit that will be 'Templars'? So keep all their iconography and Templar swords but just totally paint them in AL colours?

I'd say keep the iconography since they would've had to blend in with other IF templars and them being lacking in iconography would've probably been conspicuous. I'd paint them as Templar/IF but keep one shoulder/helm/kneepad or somesuch as Alpha Legion colours so you don't mix them up etc.

cheers guys

I love painting yellow. Even with a brush, its not so bad as long as you use thin layers and understand a little about how colors work.

If you're spending 100+ dollars on FW minis, consider an airbrush instead. For the same money you'll save a ton of time with fantastic results.

true statement there sir ,they are great for getting smooth base colours down ,also if you have a buddy you could probably go halfs with a bit of friendly persuasionlaugh.png msn-wink.gif

Those Gal Vorbak. Gorgeous.

I think i started the legion changing trend, but i think this little community is for this. Helping us find out place and getting us painting.

Me, I am happy with my Iron Hands. Got a lovly package today, some great painted models, and some ready to be painted. So I have 10 breachers to paint, plus 5 tac marines which i have built, and a Terminator Iron Farther who I may convert to a Forge Lord. Or a siege Breaker.

Yeah true, it's good to not have my mates rolling their eyes at me. The problem is, it's alright sticking with an army just cos to said you would, but you have to enjoy painting it at the same time.

I've had enough experience wasting and ruining minis cos I had bought an entire army and then changed my mind. I'm happy with the Alphas cos I know I can paint them and not cry at the same time :D

I've got a Praetor, Librarian, asniper squad and a Typhon Siege Tank 3/4 painted so it's a start ;)

Its here its here!!!! Lol got home from work to discover my order waiting for me, so its currently soaking in warm soapy water n then the fun of cleaning clipping and removing of mould lines begins.... May actually get to do some modelling/ converting by like midnight lol

Wyvern, thats at least 8 hours hobby time before work

Grand Master, thats what I have come to realise. I love the Alpha Legion but just cant get into painting them, I am just wasting time working on them. I was enjoying painting the Iron Hands, hence my return.

Archived