Forge World European Open Day

Solar Auxilia aka Captain Nemo.

Aww that was actually going to be he name I gave my Auxilia leader :P no really tho

I'm not quite convinced with the vorax. They look too much like the Warjacks from Warmahordes IMHO, plus I had imagined them differently.

Solar Auxilia aka Captain Nemo.

Aww that was actually going to be he name I gave my Auxilia leader tongue.png no really tho

I'm not quite convinced with the vorax. They look too much like the Warjacks from Warmahordes IMHO, plus I had imagined them differently.

But they have CHAIN CANNONS ATTACHED TO POWER BLADES INSTEAD OF ARMS!!!!

Huh, also looks like the Mageara(sp?) will have access to a graviton gun instead of heavy stubber?

As for the Astartes, I'm betting on Loyalist Black Shields from the Traitor Legions.

Nice work on the Thousand Sons concepts, I hope their armour is ornate, especially the individual characters. Is the Prospero book the next to be released?

Sadly, its not. The next on the chopping block is Conquest which is more of the other Imperial / Traitor forces (dark/mechanicum, Solar Auxilia, Imperial Army, Custodes, Sisters, etc.)

As well as having 4-6 Legions I think.

Lion El Jonson was found after mark IV was released. He was found super late.

According to the BL Heresy books. According to FW and Laurie Goulding, he was found within the first quarter of the Great Crusade.

He was found before Perturabo and after Sanguinius. They may expand on that further but Perturabo was found after the 1/2 way point IIRC.

Around when DoA came out it was mentioned that the Lion was not found very early in the Crusade and part of the reason he was so famous is because he performed so much better than any of the Primarchs found after him and some of the Primarchs found before him.

All of that was pre-board upgrade so I don't know if the conversations are still available by search.

Perturabo takes command almost right at the quarter point, fifty years in.

It's in the Iron Warriors article, with exact dates. In the early 40's, the Iron Warriors go from bestest Legion to failing Legion. By the end of that decade, Perturabo takes over and decrees decimation.

During those intervening years, it states that the Dark Angels and Luna Wolves surpassed the IV Legion. Since we know the Lion named the First Legion that, and we know the Lion was found before Perturabo, we can infer that the Lion was present for at least 4/5ths of the Great Crusade.

Edit: pgs 106 - 107 of Extinction, and Goulding's discovery list.

It's in the Iron Warriors article, with exact dates. In the early 40's, the Iron Warriors go from bestest Legion to failing Legion. By the end of that decade, Perturabo takes over and decrees decimation.

During those intervening years, it states that the Dark Angels and Luna Wolves surpassed the IV Legion. Since we know the Lion named the First Legion that, and we know the Lion was found before Perturabo, we can infer that the Lion was present for at least 4/5ths of the Great Crusade.

Gotcha. I prefer that to DoA.

Gotcha. I prefer that to DoA.

Ditto. I'm all for contradictory reports giving conflicting perspectives, but in this scenario the FW/BL editor tagteam is the clear superior version (imo).

Since Goulding stated his list is what the BL staff is all supposed to follow, I suppose any other related novels are going to match the FW version more than the DoA version.

It does say a lot of other stuff though. That is 2/3s of the Primarchs found within the first quarter of the Great Crusade. We have always known Horus was first, but I always imagined he would have a greater lead on his brothers. At the moment, he does seem to be the only one who He didn't have to look for, since Cthonia is described as remaining in contact with Sol. But who knows how much later Russ was found. One year later? Was Horus found young, so the Emperor spent a lot of time with him, but not with the fully grown Russ?

First 50 years

Horus

Leman Russ

[DELETED FROM IMPERIAL RECORDS]

Ferrus Manus

Fulgrim

Vulkan

Rogal Dorn

Roboute Guilliman

Magnus the Red

Sanguiniusbbb

Lion El'Jonson

Perturabo

Last 150

Mortarion

Lorgar

Jaghatai Khan

Konrad Curze

Angron

Corax

[DELETED FROM IMPERIAL RECORDS]

Alpharius

Is this more in line with the way Laurie described it? Personally, I prefer that, because you can see why some of the traitors would've been less invested in the Imperium. Id imagine the way the legions were used would've been well established by the time they get to Mortarion, Lorgar, and Angron, explaining why they would've seen the Imperium as ultimately morally corrupt because they didn't take part in the early wars that bred the penchant for brutalism/realism as part of the triumphalist galactic hegemony agenda.

That is his list, though I don't think he said anything about the timeframes. That was all FW.

But yeah, that seems the gist of it. Of course, for all we know, Mortarion could have been found soon after Perturabo. Though I think Lorgar was described as being after the century mark . . .

You had me at killer robots from the future

Also, volkites

And , Throne in flames, everything looks awesome ...

Love the Thousand Sons. Good thing they pushed Inferno back. Give the peasants in the neighborhood some time here to grow some more kidneys ....

Uh... in order of excitement:

1. Mechanicus Knight Titan with a Volkite weapon.  If that's a Carronade... oh boy, I hope it's a Carronade.

3. Those legion-less loyalists are pretty intriguing.

4. Vorax.  They look so good.  I feel like their rules are a let down, though.

5. Looks like a Leman Russ Ryza-pattern turret with a Volkite weapon of some sort in it.  That's going to be very mean.  Especially if it can have Volkite Culverin sponsons.

http://i.imgur.com/yDqS2VK.jpg

I don't think they look anything like warjacks, more like this:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/12/26/308561-Dreadnought,%20Out%20Of%20Production,%20Rogue%20Trader,%20Space%20Crusade,%20Warhammer%2040,000.jpg

...but those Thousand Sons sketches...they are going to be beautiful!!! wub.png

snip

We have always known Horus was first, but I always imagined he would have a greater lead on his brothers. At the moment, he does seem to be the only one who He didn't have to look for, since Cthonia is described as remaining in contact with Sol. But who knows how much later Russ was found. One year later? Was Horus found young, so the Emperor spent a lot of time with him, but not with the fully grown Russ?

Not that this is the thread for this but how do we know Horus was found during the Great Crusade? The Primarchs were created before the Space Marines. Space Marines were involved in the Unification Wars. Horus was found early (early enough that the possibility he was never lost was out there). Cthonia was always in contact with Mars so he could well have been found before the Great Crusade even started. Since the UW lasted for hundreds of years this expands the possible time frame Horus spent with the Emperor alone.

And Solar Auxilia? Oh yes.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/12/26/308561-Dreadnought,%20Out%20Of%20Production,%20Rogue%20Trader,%20Space%20Crusade,%20Warhammer%2040,000.jpg

Hm, I wondered what kind of robot these old dreads inspired...I use mine as castellax, but they don't really fit any of the known Cybernetica (or Astartes Dreadnought) patterns:

http://i.imgur.com/6yWLfzrl.jpg

Hm, I wondered what kind of robot these old dreads inspired...I use mine as castellax, but they don't really fit any of the known Cybernetica (or Astartes Dreadnought) patterns:

These are supposed to be lucifer pattern dreadnoughts^^

These are supposed to be lucifer pattern dreadnoughts^^

Source?

Archived