++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Hey guys so a couple of quick questions that I have about the iron boys.

What are some good color schemes for iron warriors? I was thinking of a blackish iron color.

Good books to read and learn more about iron warriors?

Are their any extra bitz that are good for converting iron warriors?

What are some good color schemes for iron warriors? I was thinking of a blackish iron color.

1.  If you want a darker IW scheme (my preference), take Leadbelcher and mix 50/50 with Abbadon Black, very heavy drybrush over a basecoat of black primer.  Second drybrush highlight of Leadbelcher.  Third very thin drybrush highlight of Runefang steel or Necron Compound.

2. Storm of Iron, by far. Awesome IW novel!

3. Really, plasticard, plastic rod, and copper wire/guitar string go a long way.  A lot of people go overboard with wiring IMO.  IW are NOT the Chaos equivalent of Iron Hands in the way of bionics, but they are ruthless and willing to make any sacrifice for victory.  They are absolutely the most brutal, efficient, and cold legion of all, so veterans missing limbs and such would be commonplace :tongue.: If you wanted to make your own Company of IW that constantly get thrown into the meat grinder, however... ;)

Cheers,

-Kal

Hey! 

I have been ghosting on this Forum for a few years, so thought I would post as I plan on becoming a bit more active. I have been working on a Iron Warriors army since November.. I have a Blog detailing my project http://anironwarriorsblog.blogspot.com/ .   I have been working on the fluff for my Company (as yet without a name) which can be found here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1piWqXiB8M-OD_uXp8zUDKoy7CYLsxI-Jp5Jnx6R6aAY/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks! 

1 - If your looking for darker tone, it worth check out Games Workshop painting guide on Knight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmb_gAg905Q

Other wise, check out army log link on the first post.

2 - Storm of Iron the main one, there also a serise follow on from this which is listed on the first post :D  I like Angel Exterminatius from the Horus Heresy & like wise listen to Iron Corps audio.  Talons of Horus show a cool warband of Iron Warriors & Dark Mechanicus.

3 - Worth check out memeber army logs get idea & look that the Horus Heresy range from Forge World.  Also check out the art work for Storm of Iron novel to get idea & check lexicanum, should be art work from the Index Astartirs as well as art work on Honsou & a few memeber from his Grand Company.

For my own it pretty much

- Berzerker:  T face helmet fit in with the IW look

- Night Lord Terror squad helmet

- MkIII & Iron Hands upgrade

- Finecast Iron Hands upgrade

- Bionic up grade from Forge World, arm's.

- Recent Iron Warriors helmet upgrade.

Also check out Space Marine tactic squad for the MkVI? armour

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/space-marine-tactical-squad-2013-torso-front-p-10059

Overall go for models you think look cool & as said check out memeber army logs for idea's.

Hey! 

I have been ghosting on this Forum for a few years, so thought I would post as I plan on becoming a bit more active. I have been working on a Iron Warriors army since November.. I have a Blog detailing my project http://anironwarriorsblog.blogspot.com/ .   I have been working on the fluff for my Company (as yet without a name) which can be found here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1piWqXiB8M-OD_uXp8zUDKoy7CYLsxI-Jp5Jnx6R6aAY/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks! 

Hey Uveron, welcome! It's good to meet another Warsmith!

I looked at your blog and you've definitely got the hazard stripes down. Lots of good weathering, too. Good looking stuff!

I also read through your fluff. That's a good timeline, it's not "uber" and it's not boring. If you're looking to make a full Index Astartes style article then the Liber can really be of help with that sort of thing with the critical feedback they offer. But you're on the right track already.

Cheers! :smile.:

Hey! 

Thanks! 

Hey Uveron, welcome! It's good to meet another Warsmith!

I looked at your blog and you've definitely got the hazard stripes down. Lots of good weathering, too. Good looking stuff!

I also read through your fluff. That's a good timeline, it's not "uber" and it's not boring. If you're looking to make a full Index Astartes style article then the Liber can really be of help with that sort of thing with the critical feedback they offer. But you're on the right track already.

Cheers! :smile.:

Thanks for the Feedback, I haven't decided what I am doing with the fluff... May do something like a Full Index Astartes thing at some point, now its more about working in a fun story that goes with my collection. 

Thank you for the help so far. Bought storm of iron and am reading it right now, I think honsou is one of favorite character next to talos. Haven't gotten far. So a couple more questions if that's all the same:

Does anyone have a tutorial on doing hazard stripes? I feel like that's just a part of the legion identity like lightning and night lords.

Is their any legion that the iron warriors have a closer connection or brotherhood with? From my understanding not many legions liked them but maybe they actually did have a connection with soemone besides the mechanicum.

Is their a particular theme the iron warriros have from a particular culture? And do they have a pattern on names?

Also @ulveron I like the blog and can't wait to see more for the fluff!

Thanks all!

Edited by ThatOneMarshal

Retuen home from warhammer world open day. Really cool and pick up fedw FW for ETL. I really recommend people go and see new warhammer world. Had epic day, met lot great people and friends and overall great hobby.

Going to spend today building my Terminators for ETL.  Still got a few bits to arrive in the post due to not being in stock, mainly part for the Lord & classic Metal Dreadnought.  But I'm going to get the Dreadnought base done today & also get some Dark Mechanicus built.

Also got the last art work of Crimson Fist - Horus Heresy.  Along with two IW t-shirt :D

Also I can not stress how cool this display was that Warhammer World.  Just as soon as I open the door to the third room/display & to see this........  This is somthing you really need to see for yourself.  I know when I'm back down Warhammer World I'm going spend lot time.  All display are cool & well worth seen

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/307702-warhammer-world-open-day-2015/

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/DSC09938_zpsjkqdwa2b.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/DSC09937_zpsewjkro6z.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/DSC09936_zpsh00gnrqa.jpg

I'm envious of the amount of stuff you got Insane Psychopath! 

Has anyone else seen these babies yet? 

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t272/m_r_parker/Heresey%20Weekender%202015/542D84EE-85D1-4BE4-A46C-879D098E96E8_zpsospuswdo.jpg

I was gutted I miss out on seen the IW transfer.  I've never been keen on useing transfer.  But they are really, really cool & might be first time I'll use transfer on my models.

Yes Warhammer World open day was really great, so much epic hobby & in a hobby shell shock because of all cool display.  The Chaos vs Ultramarine diorama was very inspiring.
Hopeful going to get my Terminators base later today along with Dreadnought & Mechanicus.

Anyone though about converting the new battle servitor due out this Saturday into Obliterators?  I rememeber Ebolahand converted Obliterators with tracks back when he started his IW army back 2006.  There seem to be a lot of really cool part.  Or even Havocs unit would be pretty cool. 

Mechanicus release in general give us a lot of really cool part for conversion.  I'll need to try get a new unit of Chosen converted up in the future use them along with FW kits.

Edited by Insane Psychopath

Anyone though about converting the new battle servitor due out this Saturday into Obliterators?  I rememeber Ebolahand converted Obliterators with tracks back when he started his IW army back 2006.  There seem to be a lot of really cool part.  Or even Havocs unit would be pretty cool. 

Mechanicus release in general give us a lot of really cool part for conversion.

I think that the tracked servitors would be a great base to build Rapier Weapon Plattform if one removed their torsos and just put the Rapier weapons on top instead. The torsos would then find some other good uses in any IW army, I'd say. I definitely agree with you on te awesome conversion opportunities of all these new Mechanicus models. I'll use many of them for my Dark Mechanicus inspired models in my IA13 R&H army.

Insane Psychopath, did you notice the placement of the very few Iron Warriors tanks in the new exhibition halls at Warhammer World? Very fitting ....

You mean the Forge World IW tanks?  I've got photos of them & post them later today :D 

I missed them as I was too busy drooling over the weathering on the Imperial Fists tanks (shame on me)

I meant the 40K ones, tucked away on a bottom shelf, forgotten and downtrodden

I missed them as I was too busy drooling over the weathering on the Imperial Fists tanks (shame on me)

I meant the 40K ones, tucked away on a bottom shelf, forgotten and downtrodden

Sadly I did not see the model or many of the other one on display.  I was check out the diorama's with them being new & we had a hour time limit, I wanted to try see as much before I had to leave about 2pm to try get my train back home.

I'm aim to spend more time when I'm down that Nottingham for a Throne of Skulls event.  So aim spend Friday, Saturday & Sunday.  Just there so much to take in, one view not enough to see all the cool hobby there.

I know the Chaos vs Ultramarine diorama one that I want to spend a lot of time check out as there so much.  Even having the book there so much cool stuff.

ETL - Models are undercoated now.  Once there ready, going spray Leadbelcher spray & start adding wash.  Also working on my Dark Mechanicus models later on as well.

Wow, that's quite a big army you're having there - impressive! Do you have close-ups of your superheavy and your HQs? I'd really love to see those in more detail :)

How are IV Legion memeber getting on with the ETL?  Right now

- Terminators:  Three I've recently been painting during the week are almost finish.  Hopeful get a spare hour tomorrow/around lunch time to get those last bits painted.
Champion just been converted, just need to get him base & undercaot & leadbelcher spray on Tuesday.

- 2x Classic Metal Dreadnought.  Work started on one them, hopeful get a bit of time tomorrow before Game of Thrones.  Forge World order, part where not in stock during the Warhammer World open day, arrive yesterday.  So try get them undercaoted & spray with leadbelcher spray with the Champion

- Lord:  Just need two more bitz before I can start converting Lord in Power Armour model

During/after ETL

- Get a 1850pts Dark Mechanicus force ready for gaming.  Waiting for the second codex release on Saturday so I can chose what will be in the army & just get some games.

- Looking to add a fourth Knight model to my Grand Company.  I've got some idea conversion wise & I might try use the Iron Warriors transfer (once there release) that Forge World shown from the Warhammer World open day.  Want to try make this my warlord, also needd check out Bloodquest comic book for ideas.

- I'd like to try convert up a new Havoc unit useing the recent release Mechanicus model.  Need to try get time to re-read Honsou short stories & Storm of Iron novel for idea toward this unit.

On another note - Has anyone read Ironfire short story.  Any key point/spolier & any info on Warsmith Idriss Krendel?

@Uveron: Those are some nice looking model you have there (I saw them when you first posted them up but haven't gotten round to replying until now, silly real life). Am I right in thinking you are in the ETL this year? If so, how many points have you vowed and I'll add them to the table on p.13. Great to see another Warsmith emerging. 

@Uveron: Those are some nice looking model you have there (I saw them when you first posted them up but haven't gotten round to replying until now, silly real life). Am I right in thinking you are in the ETL this year? If so, how many points have you vowed and I'll add them to the table on p.13. Great to see another Warsmith emerging. 

Yes I am in the ETL, Vowed 500 to start with, got a 600 2nd Vow read once I am done.