++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Khorne and Nurgle are the easiest gods to justify in a Iron warriors army.

I dunno, Nurgle is all about permanence, like fortresses. Tzeentch is all about flux and change, like razing an impregnable fortress that has stood for thousands of years to the ground.

Thanks again for the thoughts guys!

@Insane Psychopath - I think I'll do my Plague Marines like you suggest.  I dig both of the DG colours and the IW colours but I'd rather have the army look more unified.Typhus and Ryza will probably be how I bring out the Nugle highlights.

For Cult troops I'm leaning towards PMs and NMs. They both just look so swell.  I'm not sure if NMs are any good but I really want to paint something in those flashy pink colours!

Uh oh - I spent all last night debating whether to do Emperor's Children since I wanted to paint some cute pink colours because of some of the cool looking plogs on the site but decided against it because 1 I have no Noise Marines and 2 I was under the impression they weren't great and for some reason I've been feeling kind of cheesy.  I always handicapped myself in Fantasy so I want to BRING THE PAIN with my first 40k army!- HERESY.

I suppose I can still do that but maybe I'll just roll one unit or so instead of basing an entire army around it.  Especially when the IW are so much cooler anyway. :tongue.:

Edit: Going to go play my 3rd game of 40k! (First was with Sisters >.>).  Hoping to try out some of the FW things to see if I like any of 'em; Sicaran, Decimator (SIEGE CLAWS), Hell Blade (whichever the 100 point one is).  Tried the Contemptor with Butcher Cannons but he didn't seem to do all that much :/

Wee! I won!  Still required babysitting from my opponent but I think I did some smart plays.  Decimator and Sicaran were really handy.  Think I'll not worry about the Contemptor or Hell Blade for now and choose those for my Christmas FW pieces!

Edited by Goodwin

Khorne and Nurgle are the easiest gods to justify in a Iron warriors army.

I dunno, Nurgle is all about permanence, like fortresses. Tzeentch is all about flux and change, like razing an impregnable fortress that has stood for thousands of years to the ground.

Rememeber Iron Warriors where loosly follower of Slannesh during the RT era of 40k with a few other Legions.  End of the day, as said all down to what we enjoy in the hobby & think will be cool :D

Just about to make the jump to moving my Power Armour Iron Warrior models to 32mm base

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00060_zpsonv6mp2c.jpg

Due to all work already done to there current base.  I will be keep them, just cut off the edge on the 25mm base, add green stuff & sand on 32mm base to help blend them.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00031_zps5tlhv13s.jpg

Just this has been somthing I've though for a while.  The models above will be the first squads for a few local events I'm going to over the next while.  Then the rest, around 75 models?  Will get this done during the Christmas holidays.

New Melta arm Battle Brother who will be join my Breacher squad (model he replace will be join the other Breacher squad I built up around this time last year for Rapid Fire tournament)

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00053_zpsqoivk5rj.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00050_zpssxktkpws.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00051_zps10jqfxff.jpg

Those Breachers look neat - maybe I should look at 30k too. >.>

Nice conversion and I dig the shield!

There standard Chaos Space Marines in my army.  I just like to add theme to each my units & models, lot them are base on games they've fought for example.

+1 on Honsu!

I still need to get around to finding those Ultramarine books that the rest of his story is in.  I think it was Ultramarines.

That new book will be interesting.  I'll have to figure out whether to start the whole thing or just snag the IW book!

+1 on Honsu!

I still need to get around to finding those Ultramarine books that the rest of his story is in.  I think it was Ultramarines.

That new book will be interesting.  I'll have to figure out whether to start the whole thing or just snag the IW book!

There a list on the first page of the Iron Warriors side of the serise, standard novels & short stories

+Honsou serise by Graham McNeill:

+Storm of Iron

+Enemy of my Enemy

+Dead Sky, Black Sun

+The Heraclitus Effect

+Skull Harvest

+Iron Warriors

+Chapter Due

+Iron Without

+Beast of Calth

+The Corpse Road

Ultramarine side it

+Chains of Command

+Nightbringer

+Leviathan

+Warriors of Ultramar

+Consequences

+Dead Sky, Black Sun

+Killing Ground

+ Courage & Honour

+ Chapter Due

+1 on Honsu!

There a list on the first page of the Iron Warriors side of the serise, standard novels & short stories

+Honsou serise by Graham McNeill:

+Storm of Iron

+Enemy of my Enemy

+Dead Sky, Black Sun

+The Heraclitus Effect

+Skull Harvest

+Iron Warriors

+Chapter Due

+Iron Without

+Beast of Calth

+The Corpse Road

Ultramarine side it

+Chains of Command

+Nightbringer

+Leviathan

+Warriors of Ultramar

+Consequences

+Dead Sky, Black Sun

+Killing Ground

+ Courage & Honour

+ Chapter Due

Yes. I think we have had enough Honsou for the time being. No doubt he will show up again bro fisting Decimus ;)

Graham McNeill has move to a new job & to the USA right now.  But from his blog he still got a lot he want to do for Black Library from Horus Heresy & 40k series we know & enjoy.  Might be a while? 

I'll need to re-read Storm of Iron soon.  Currently re-reading Talons of Horus.

Ok. Let's talk about Spawn.

What do you all use to represent them? The current spawn models are way too expensive for my tastes, so I was looking at alternatives. 

Crypt horrors from the vampire range seem good, and I get bonus wings to add to prince conversons, but theyre maybe too...fantasy?

Ogres? Maybe mutated ogryns?

Bunches of crypt ghouls on a 40mm base to represent a horde of mutants unleashed before my army?

I like the Crypt Horror idea.  If you have some chaos bits that you can strap on them to make them look a little more 40kish/CSMish that would probably be good.  I think I read here or on one of the Wikis that when they are making new clone troopers the bad batches get shot out of the laboratory with no skin to fend for themselves.  You could easily have Crypt Horrors represent that.  I could see the IW more likely putting down someone who turned into a spawn and relying more on these probably pseudo-sentient guys then gribbly spawn.  If you're trying to make an exact plan, relying on those things may not work that great!

The Crypt Ghouls could work too, but I think the Horrors would look more impressive.  You also get those wings which would be good for conversions of some sort!

Hope that helps!

I would probably give them some of those bits though just to de-Fantasy them a little.  I was going to use Ogres for Oblits but they seem a little too Fantasy for me.  Maybe I'm just picky!

Edit: The Horrors are ten bucks more, but then you'd get three instead of two.  The Spawn are good to have just for conversions of other stuff, but since IW wouldn't have all that many tentacle and stuff you may not get too much use out of it.  Unless you run other CSMs, Fantasy, or Possessed?

Edit 2: I may have to use this idea too.  Looking at them now they look pretty darn neat.  You could maybe even strap a shoulder pad on one of them like they scavenged it and wanted to look like their successful kin.

Edited by Goodwin

Ok. Let's talk about Spawn.

What do you all use to represent them? The current spawn models are way too expensive for my tastes, so I was looking at alternatives.

Crypt horrors from the vampire range seem good, and I get bonus wings to add to prince conversons, but theyre maybe too...fantasy?

Ogres? Maybe mutated ogryns?

Bunches of crypt ghouls on a 40mm base to represent a horde of mutants unleashed before my army?

I use slightly converted Rat Ogres, which you can get quite cheap from ebay due to the the Blood Island box:

gallery_43993_7905_57880.jpg

You could check out my WIP thread for more pictures :smile.:

Edited by Kythnos