This week I decided after reading the "what haven't you used in the new codex" thread, that the chances of me fielding 2 land raiders with my angels was pretty remote (fielding one is pretty unlikely in itself). So the freshly stripped raider I first bought on release day back in 1999 (which doesn't make me feel old at all) was given some new parts and donated to our feral brothers, the white scars. Long may she serve our brothers from Armageddon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/Stripped%20Raider_zpsmb3qskvo.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/Basecoated%20raider_zpskshsb2ye.jpg

Edited by Brother_Angelus

In my (not so) free time, I've been working on a Biker Sergeant with magnetised options for a combi-grav and power lance. Haven't got the hang on of this magnetising lark yet...

Power Lance is uncommon! What's the appeal for it? Hit as hard as possible in one round?

Well, I've wanted one since our last Codex so it's partly a hangover from that. That said, there may be times when I want the Sergeant to be able to do something in combat and on a unit I know is going to get the charge, I'd prefer to gamble on a lance than a sword (and if points allow, a melta bomb).

He now has a friend with a magnetised grav gun. In other news, I'm fresh out of grav guns and funds so the next chap will have either a melta gun or a plasma gun (as they are magnetised, I can use them elsewhere later so it's all good).

Actually I didn't glue them. I was getting ready to and put them on first and was like 'hey! These are pretty tight. Why glue?'

Now I can remove them in case of weapon destroy results.

That said, I'm pretty sure I butchered the main body, but I can salvage that.

When the BA Dread kit came out they actually said in White Dwarf 'paint all the arms and don't glue them!'

It means you can use different weapons in different lists. Not that you're likely to take anything other than talons on a DC dread, but useful for Furiosos.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/35b88e0d-6261-4030-a08f-2e1eaa7878b9.jpg

Today I have been taking photo's of my finished Death Co additions. Lots of photos, take a look in my wip thread if you want to see more*

*shameless plug

Today was a good to be a Blood Angels commander. Since my birthday is tomorrow, I got a check from the grandparents for $30. Went to my FLGS and found plenty of items of interest. Narrowed it down and, with a little haggling, was able to get a softcover Exterminatus rulebook for $15 and a fully-painted Corbulo model for $10.

Then I faced off against Dark Eldar/Eldar army and ended the game on a three point lead. 

Today was a good to be a Blood Angels commander. Since my birthday is tomorrow, I got a check from the grandparents for $30. Went to my FLGS and found plenty of items of interest. Narrowed it down and, with a little haggling, was able to get a softcover Exterminatus rulebook for $15 and a fully-painted Corbulo model for $10.

Then I faced off against Dark Eldar/Eldar army and ended the game on a three point lead.

Any chance of a battle report for this? Im curious to see lists and tactics :)

Any chance of a battle report for this? Im curious to see lists and tactics :smile.:

Seconded, Dark Eldar kill me. Every. Single. Time.

Sorry guys, but I'm not sure how useful my game might be, 'cause we ended on Turn 2. There were three of us, and it was pretty much an intro game for the DE player's friend, so we were going slow to begin with. Plus, the story was nearing closing. (Though I'm pretty sure we could've gone onto a 3rd turn)

It was Maelstrom, so that's another reason it's hard to tell who would've won. Then again, it was also Deadlock, and our TACO's were going to start running low anyway. 

But I had strong control of the board at the end. An undamaged Land Raider Redeemer, Vindicator, and a Sanguinary Priest (the Corbulo model I bought) with a Terminator Assault squad were in the center and next to his lines. I had finished destroying his Venoms, his initial transports were dead, and his three anti-tank vehicles (a Falcon & 2 empty skiffs with 3 Dark Lances) were distracted by my Fragioso and a Drop pod, which would've left my battle tanks unmolested for turn 3. Large squad of Reavers annihilated the meltacide squad I brought (which had failed to kill the Falcon thanks to missing 2/3 of the Melta shots, bah!) However, this meant half his army was at the very edge of his side of the table.

The other half of his army that was much to my center attack was a squad of Rangers, Wyches with the Succubus & Haruspex, and a Guardian squad with a Bright Lance cannon off to the side. Meanwhile, in my deployment zone, I had a Sicaran, a devastator squad with 3 ML, and a CC scout squad (which was running around grabbing the nearby OBJs. 

Hm, well, there was the situation when we ended. If you can field a Sicaran, do it. Mine take out a Venon in one phase of shooting and acted as a psychological weapon against him. I'm really starting to like CC Scouts. While one was in the back, another Infilatrated forward, survived, and charged the Guardians. Only 2 Scouts at that point vs. 9 guardians and their Warlock. I had intended some fire support to whittle down the squad, but had decided to focus on a different unit. But it was a fun fight. The SGT survived a fleshbane spear as he cut down the Warlock, while the other Scout killed 2 more Guardians by himself. The counter killed them, but if even 1 Scout had survived, we rolled what would've happened. And the scout would've swept the guardians, ah well, maybe next time. 

So there. I think I had a fairly strong offensive going, but can't say for sure who would've won.

Hah yah know I'm hardly a tactical marvel and my lists are far from what folks consider "competitive" but I always do well against DE; probably because I've learned to take less armour against them. DE hit hard, especially armour, but die easy... unlike Eldar that always seem to have some save from some piece of wargear that never fails.

I usually focus on the scourges and vypers (or is it venoms hmm?) first because of the haywire/lance madness they can bring, and they die so fast to flamers and bolters. They also conveniently show up on your doorstep so quickly with their portal junk and deep strike - The last time I played DE I had 2 deep striking flamer squads in reserve while the SG or DC ran around cleaning up and taking shots. I remember having a tough time killing the larger skimmers/raiders because of their cover saves but it's all just armour 10 and they don't really have much that you can't crush with a 10man SG or DC assault. I'll see if I can find pictures of that game.

Building some more assault marines, with 7th Ed-friendly wargear :)

The backpacks and sarge's weapons are all magnetised (for when 8th Ed comes around :P)

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IMG_3968.jpg

Edited by LutherMax

MSU Death Company looks very promising. I am trying to work out if the Mortalis Formation is good. You don't get the +1I from Red Thirst but you do get a further +1A for being outnumbered which makes MSU even nastier. The DC Dreads are nothing special but at least one can ride in the Storm Raven and the other can get a Pod.

Against some foes like Tau and Orks, the extra +1I is unnecessary. Or with 4 Elite slots, is it better to just stick to BSF?

Made a little more progress on the first stormraven. Definitely taking a break from big stuff after this and knocking out some more troops.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/Storm%20Raven%20in%20progress_zpsxxcvqvp2.jpg

-_-

I spent, like, 5 minutes looking at this picture thinking "something is off about this Storm Raven."

I've only just realised it has no wings... Uh, Monday Mornings. :(

Looking great so far man, keep it up.

It's only a hatchling. This one hops around asking for food and it will be a good few weeks before it's strong enough to fly and leave the Forge World...

Oh that made me chuckle to myself, I just picture a nest filled with cheeping, wingless Storm Raven being fed ammo boxes and promethium barrels by their doting Thunderhawk mother.

My imagination is vast and strange...

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

I just got a load of bits in the mail; tonight there will be a lot of gluing done, and I should have the following assembled before tomorrow morning (possibly photos and all).

1 Tactical Squad (All using metal 2nd Ed. figures and modern plastic bits)

1 Command Squad (All using metal 2nd Ed. figures and modern plastic bits)

1 Devastator Squad (3ML, 1LC)

All of which are not even in any army plans of mine, but screw that, I love painting pewter.