Luther that dred is amazing! If I ever paint something half as good as that, then I'll be happy man!

Recently picked up the angels blade book and was looking for advice when building an army.

Really like golden host/ OIF and the Dc formations, but was wondering what you guys find works well for the base of your armies.

Looked at the Demi company and just found that I didn't really have enough points left for much else after that. Going to build an army that's 1850 but can be scaled to 1500 or 2000 depending.

How do the masters do it? :)

Oh man there are loads of things to do with the ABSF. You get some really fun lists! It really depends on what exactly you are wanting to do//accomplish. And how your meta is. I would do a quick search through the forum.

*I absolutely love Angels Blade and all the formations. We have several threads up about it and you can make some really cool combinations.

*Not Everyone loves Angels Blade or the Formations.

Luther that dred is amazing! If I ever paint something half as good as that, then I'll be happy man!

Recently picked up the angels blade book and was looking for advice when building an army.

Really like golden host/ OIF and the Dc formations, but was wondering what you guys find works well for the base of your armies.

Looked at the Demi company and just found that I didn't really have enough points left for much else after that. Going to build an army that's 1850 but can be scaled to 1500 or 2000 depending.

How do the masters do it? :smile.:

As a base i cannot recommend the angles blade strike force or the archangels sf.

I would take either a CAD or the Baal SF or for many fast slots the Fleshtearer Strike Force.

Golden Host formation is solid. OIF is a little bit risky without reserve manipulations but can be hard when it hits.

How do the masters do it? :smile.:

As a base i cannot recommend the angles blade strike force or the archangels sf.

I would take either a CAD or the Baal SF or for many fast slots the Fleshtearer Strike Force.

Golden Host formation is solid. OIF is a little bit risky without reserve manipulations but can be hard when it hits.

Seconded - the benefits of the Angel's Blade overall, are quite nice for us - Zealot kicking in at 50% squad size make us really go down fighting as we were meant to.

Problem is, the core choices just either:

• Bring absolutely nothing new to the table, and are just a far more heavily restricted BSF (The Demi Company)
  • Cost so many points that you struggle to fit them in a normal game (Archangels)

The individual formations however, are Stellar - Golden Host and Orbital Intervention Force are pure BA fluff and work well. The Storm Raven Formation is great too.

We've discussed it to death in various topics already, but if the Demi-Company had Objective Secured I'm sure you'd see a lot of us playing it - but in reality it adds nothing other than take up a lot of points and not run away at low strength...

Cheers for the replies guys!

That list looks brutal Jolemai. It's something I would consider, but I think I want to get a more traditional army, nipple armour, power sword and flamer galore! (;

Haven't played in a while but my meta used to consist of, armoured guard, guard infantry spam, orks (boys everywhere), lots of marines, worst was ultramarines with vindicators everywhere, chaos/ daemons and necrons.

Always struggled with swarms because it just seemed that no matter how many I killed there was always more. (My dice rolling is also up there with the worst. Like once 5 deathcompany and lemartes went into a tac squad and after three turns they lost)

With the demi company, how effective is the zealot rule? Does it make a noticable difference?

My idea was tac squads (2-3)with heavy flamer/ flamer/ hand flamer, backed up by a Dev squad with missiles (or tank... vindicator?), either drop pods or rhinos. Pods with beacons drop in and clog up deployment zone, dc charge up the middle and then OIF or golden host drop in to back up tactical/ assault marine meltas.

Demi company makes me bring units i wouldn't normally / com squad/ dred/ furioso... wondering if cad or Baal strike force is better idea as it leave more points for the other formations.

Going to mock up a list when I get home from uni and let you see what you think!

I'd be much happier with the demi company if it didnt force you to take the dreadnought and comma d squad (or furioso). I have trouble fitting a core + auxillary formation (that isnt rapid assault force or fire support force).

Like i really want to like the archangels force + golden host + oif, but its just not possible sub 3k points.

Edited by durdle-durdle

You're better off running a LBSF with an OIF and maybe just a Golden Host on the side, so no red thirst for them (or let the DC do the work). The core for the ABSF just is too expensive. I've yet to make it work.

Today I got everything I vowed built, but didn't have time to take pics yet. I should have enough time tomorrow for it, then throw in a couple more vows!

At some point I really need to find a way to handle my bits. I just have a bookcase with sprues on it right now and it's not working!

Edited by Tyriks

Finishing my second Drop Pod today. Tried to make it look like the one I painted 5 years ago, not sure how it will work.

Going to test fit my Librarian entry on Bake Off with blue tac as well.

Edited by Flieger

Severely overestimated my willpower and went out for a 'couple' of drinks after uni, rather than get uni work done and make a list for my new army. Will post one when I'm feeling slightly less fragile :/

Quick question on rules. Is there a way to have nothing on the table start of turn 1 but then drop a lot in via drop pod? Like having 5 pods so I get 3 in turn 1. Or is that not possible at all? Know that you have to have something on the table so your not wiped out but I wondered if having drop pods countered that as far as turn 1 went.

Pretty sure I can't do that but was just wondering :)

Taking some Tartaros terminators to work today, will build them on my lunch break :smile.:

Thank you. Your post was the trigger to buy me the whole box now. ^^

I´m going to build some destroyer and some jp troops for 30k. The tartaros getting magnetized. Want to field an whole squad with 5 Cyclone Launchers.

Severely overestimated my willpower and went out for a 'couple' of drinks after uni, rather than get uni work done and make a list for my new army. Will post one when I'm feeling slightly less fragile :/

Quick question on rules. Is there a way to have nothing on the table start of turn 1 but then drop a lot in via drop pod? Like having 5 pods so I get 3 in turn 1. Or is that not possible at all? Know that you have to have something on the table so your not wiped out but I wondered if having drop pods countered that as far as turn 1 went.

Pretty sure I can't do that but was just wondering :smile.:

You are whiped our at the end of your first gameturn if you dont have any models left on the board.

So dropping alot in turn 1 and the rest in the following turns is okay and one popular strategy.

Pretty sure I can't do that but was just wondering :)

This is a very popular tactic, actually. Leave little to nothing on the board, make opponent go first so they waste a shooting phase, then drop in and take out high priority targets before they get a chance to hit back. The tactic is called alpha strike and because of pods SM do it best. It works well as long as you have enough on the table turn 2 not to get wiped out.

Remember when you could Null Deploy? Your opponent would have to give up an entire first turn or you could try to infiltrate a scout//infiltrate squad to their board edge to force an auto loss? But you couldn't pre-measure so you had to be really really good at eye-balling it.

I miss premeasure some days.

Something to be said for null deploy. Not my favorite tactic but definitely something to consider.

Infiltrating scouts and Drop pods make for good null deploys. Add in OIF, ravens and golden hosts for possible turn 2 cleaning. Having scout on your Lucifer Strike Force is also handy since I believe scout units have the option to do a scout deploy at the start of your turn. So you can really have almost nothing on the table and on your turn come all in.

Edited by Spagunk

I finished my Drop Pod and here is my issue: the new one (on the left) looks quite different from the one I painted 4-5 years ago (on the right). Should I try to paint up the older one to make it look up to date?  Or should I say that this is my Fragioso`s favourite Drop Pod, from older better times - that`s why paint looks different? 

yB9y2Nr54Ng.jpg

Say that a dreadnought falls faster, and so the paint has less time to burn off or dull. Also, he is more cherished by the chapter, so they paint it more often as it is his alone. 

Great weathering! Seen many try to do this, but I like yours best for that "orbital re-entry" look. It is usually not heavy enough on other people's.