Ah Scouts. My favourite subject. Have you read the Scout guide in the VV? It needs updating since the errata but the gist of it is still applicable and may help.

Thanks Reclusiarch! I have not yet. I've been on my phone and can't seem to access your signature right now. Thanks for the heads up. (I really need to visit that link more!)

I paint Cataphractii TDA Captain for Carmine Blades. Can't decide on the colour of his shield.

Meanwhile I put together Skyhammer based list - have to get 10 more ASM and ready to go! Will post it in armylist section later.

I'll be mulling this question over myself soon when I build my second squad... meantime though I've been working on my second Sanguinary Guard squad. Here's a quick Blu-Tack job of three of them:

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Sanguinary-Guard-WIP-01.jpg

Love these. And makes perfect sense that they would be SG since they are relic suits from a long lost era.

Personally, I'd go ahead and give them at least the feathered SG pads as the blank ones are just a bit too plain. Otherwise, these look great.

Ah Scouts. My favourite subject. Have you read the Scout guide in the VV? It needs updating since the errata but the gist of it is still applicable and may help.

Thanks Reclusiarch! I have not yet. I've been on my phone and can't seem to access your signature right now. Thanks for the heads up. (I really need to visit that link more!)

I know it's a pain, but if you switch to full version (the button at the bottom on the mobile page) then you can see signatures. To switch back (which I thoroughly recommend!), there's a button at the very bottom left of the page.

What's the problem, lack of time or lack of mojo?

There's a lack of time but that's nothing new. I'm still not where I want to be efficiency-wise and the dithering over what to do doesn't help.

I'll be mulling this question over myself soon when I build my second squad... meantime though I've been working on my second Sanguinary Guard squad. Here's a quick Blu-Tack job of three of them:

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Sanguinary-Guard-WIP-01.jpg

I'm honestly surprised how good they look without any kind of backpack at all....I might start to prefer Marines without backpacks now. :D

I know it's a pain, but if you switch to full version (the button at the bottom on the mobile page) then you can see signatures. To switch back (which I thoroughly recommend!), there's a button at the very bottom left of the page.

There's a lack of time but that's nothing new. I'm still not where I want to be efficiency-wise and the dithering over what to do doesn't help.

This is a big part of my problem with getting stuff done on the hobby desk.  I have so much to paint and no clear idea of what to paint next, so I usually end up slapping a bit on one model and then moving on to another, and it doesn't feel like progress.  Or I do actually finish a model and feel proud until I realize I have thirty more to do the exact same thing with... I need to create a system of some sort to decide what gets my attention in what order.

Love these. And makes perfect sense that they would be SG since they are relic suits from a long lost era. 

Personally, I'd go ahead and give them at least the feathered SG pads as the blank ones are just a bit too plain. Otherwise, these look great.

Good call – I wanted to avoid making them too blingy but I feathered pads will work – I think I'll do just that!

I'm honestly surprised how good they look without any kind of backpack at all....I might start to prefer Marines without backpacks now. :biggrin.:

Might be partly the fact the shoulder pads are Blu-Tacked on which gives the impression of more bulk and height – hopefully get the packed in the mail tomorrow so we'll see how they look!

This is a big part of my problem with getting stuff done on the hobby desk.  I have so much to paint and no clear idea of what to paint next, so I usually end up slapping a bit on one model and then moving on to another, and it doesn't feel like progress.  Or I do actually finish a model and feel proud until I realize I have thirty more to do the exact same thing with... I need to create a system of some sort to decide what gets my attention in what order.

I think it's a common problem for us hobbyists. Planning things out does help – writing a list even! One thing that helped me was only ever painting in bits or sub-assemblies if I absolutely had to, otherwise I always assemble the whole model before painting. If there's a bit I can't get to then you ain't gonna see it anyway.

Another thing I did recently which has helped is timing things. I figured out it takes me 45 minutes to paint all the base colours on a marine (after airbrushing the main armour colour). Knowing that I know exactly how much I can get done in a given time period – so if I have three hours to paint of an evening I know I can get three marines done – maybe four.

Edited by LutherMax

The Carmine Blades saw victory in a small 1200 point game today. Emperor's will, 5-2.

Edit: nothing is cooler than your Librarian sticking 3 5+ FnP rolls at the same time!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

The way I've been rolling lately I'd be lucky to make three FNP rolls for my entire Death Company all game :D

Congrats on the win!

Mate, it was brilliant. I fanboyed. For a second I squealed and jumped like a mad man, haha! I was not expecting to stick 3 5s on what was going to be certain death. It was a very evened game. A 5 man Tactical squad with hand flamer heavy flamer power sword, with Lucien (my lvl2 libby) and Leandros (priest) held off a 16 man blob for 3 turns!

Just before he charged I rolled a 1 for warp charges, cast enfeebled on 2 dice, stuck both, and he couldn't negate the malediction. Then I dropped Force and roasted like 8 of his boys in black. It was wicked.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Excuse my ignorance.....but what is VV? Git some scout ideas but a good guide would help.

Bit more work on the Sanguinary Guard. I'm happy with the poses, just need to decide on shoulder pads. And add packs when they arrive of course.

I tried the feathered SG pads but I don't think they work. I am leaning towards the FW MKIII or MKIV pads and Brother Ophamion has kindly offered to lend me his to try out before buying. Depending on which I choose I'll probably then use the corresponding blank pads from Betrayal of Calth or Burning of Prospero on the opposite shoulders, then use decals so they're not too plain.

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Sanguinary-Guard-WIP-02.jpg

Can't wait to see you finish those Luther!

Totally personal preference but I want to see some MKIII pads on those guys, the extra trim and bolts would beef them up.

I'm thinking the same thing. Here is one with the rimmed MKIV pads from Betrayal at Calth – I think they work nicely!

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Sanguinary-Guard-WIP-03.jpg

I reckon your choice of pad for right side is spot on. I feel the left side needs the Chapter symbol on it.

Oh yes they will have, I'm thinking either these:

99550101470_BloodAngelsMkIIIShoulderPads

Or these:

99550101469_BloodAngelsMkIIShoulderPads.

I was considering MKIV too but I think I'm decided on the riveted trim now.