Put enough Agrax or Nuln over both until they look the same. :biggrin.:

Nah, way to easy! :laugh.:

Nice weathering. Looks very much like it was burning from orbital insertion.

Thanks, sir!

Say that a dreadnought falls faster, and so the paint has less time to burn off or dull. Also, he is more cherished by the chapter, so they paint it more often as it is his alone. 

Great weathering! Seen many try to do this, but I like yours best for that "orbital re-entry" look. It is usually not heavy enough on other people's.

Thanks, though this kind of weathering looks good mostly on vehicles - it blends the colours too much on smaller infantry models.

They are both terrible. Send them to me, please :thanks:

Are you sure you want them? They don`t seem to be in good condition...:turned:

Omg those look PHENOMENAL! Don't worry about the difference, it's not enough to be weird. You'd expect different wear patterns on different pods.

Also side note falling faster would burn hotter, not the other way around :wink:

Thanks, I appreciate it! And after all, on the tabletop the doors will be open - no one will see the red for too long.

Nice weathering. Looks very much like it was burning from orbital insertion.

Thanks, sir!

Just an FYI, I am insanely jealous on how you pull it off. Scorch marks and scuffs are one thing but you got the pattern spot on and your rusting is dead on perfect.

Not bitter at all...nope...

Edited by Spagunk

Amazing what a head swap can do for those terrible figures..

Get out of my head!

Anyway, does anyone know what heads DBH used?

Seems to be the rebreather mask head from the 4th ed. tactical box.  You know, the one with the strangely thin head, that looks like it got squashed in the trash compactor?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/zvEAAOSwstxVC6Re/$_1.JPG

Edited by appiah5

Amazing what a head swap can do for those terrible figures..

Get out of my head!

Anyway, does anyone know what heads DBH used?

4th ed Tactical, as well as the rebreather from The Land speeder, the rebreather from the Sanguinary Guard and the new rebreather from the BA tactical. The rebreather//antennae from the Baal Predator and the rebreather fancy Assault TDAs are also options.

Painting a Thunder Warrior (power armour Mk I). Any idea on what colour the top knot should be for a Blood Angel?

Is that one of the thirteen dudes or did you abandon them in the end? :D

As for the topknot, entirely up to you I think!

About to start on my second squad for my 10th company formation. Having a go of what I want to equip them with. I'm thinking shotguns and a heavy Bolter or is the regular Bolter a better option? Maybe a mix of each? I can always shoot the heavy bolters pistol if I need to charge.

My opinion is that shotguns are a compromise between the firepower of the bolter, and the assault power of bolt pistol/ccw. Given this, you don't want to give shotgun scouts a heavy weapon, because you give up their ability to double-tap and charge, and because you want to be close for shotguns, but heavy weapons want to be further away. Heavy Bolter or Missile launcher both work wonders in bolter scouts, though.

I'll be mulling this question over myself soon when I build my second squad... meantime though I've been working on my second Sanguinary Guard squad. Here's a quick Blu-Tack job of three of them:

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Sanguinary-Guard-WIP-01.jpg