Hey guys just a quickie combi melta or inferno pistols on the sarge in a melta pod? I can see arguments for both

You could if you were points wary, get a combi-melta and inferno pistol - it shaves 5 points from what will be more than likely a dead squad next turn... (I think)

Flexible yes and offers redundancy against a bad scatter, but you can only fire one of them in the shooting phase...

DERP.

Ignore me then, I'm talking out of my waste deposit.

Always two pistols then - it's just rule of cool and it usually means you're going to get about 3 pens, which is what you statistically need to explode any vehicle.

Edited by Charlo

The DC Chaplain is even fluff-wise a weird concept anyway to be honest.

Agreed. But after reading it a few times, I think they are just higher ranking chaplains.

Basically, normal chaplains still lead the Death Company, but on a smaller, more usual scale (usually only a handful fall). However, when an entire company or strike force falls, they use the higher ranking ones.

Basically, in converted to normal terms: a regular chaplain is a squad leader of the Death Company, and the DC chaplain is the company commander of a company.

The DC Chaplain is even fluff-wise a weird concept anyway to be honest.

Agreed. But after reading it a few times, I think they are just higher ranking chaplains.

Basically, normal chaplains still lead the Death Company, but on a smaller, more usual scale (usually only a handful fall). However, when an entire company or strike force falls, they use the higher ranking ones.

Basically, in converted to normal terms: a regular chaplain is a squad leader of the Death Company, and the DC chaplain is the company commander of a company.

Yeah that's probably the best way to see them. Even tho it's really weird that they only appeared at a time where their whole company got turned into Deathcompany. As if they knew something like that would happen and were hiding the whole time just for that moment. :biggrin.:

So while that might not make a lot of sense, seeing them as Chaplains who suffer from the Black Rage makes even less sense considering they don't have any of the benefits and you can take them just as fine as HQ choice in a regular BA army now.

Edited by sfPanzer

Lately i'm thinking about to include some Celestial Lions Sternguard into my Knights of Blood army plans since the Knights are pretty much 100% choppy guys and i like both, Sternguard and Celestial Lions.

I just fear that the 90% metal armor of the Knights and the 90% gold armor of the Celestial Lions might clash a bit (and also suggest they belong to the same army due the very similar color pattern).....it would also make it a bit more complicated to include Sanguinary Guard eventually. :unsure.:

Also since Sternguard are so cheap compared to well equipped Vanguard Vets and Command Squads they'd be like 15 + Pods  (1st company task force formation most likely) out of the ~ 50 models in the army even tho they'd be only like ~450p out of 1850p... :unsure.: 

Damn I hate myself for making plans 24/7 even tho i'm not even done with my other projects. >_>

Making plans is all part of the fun - it's the part of the hobby you can do anywhere, at any time :D

I think Celestial Knights Lions would look pretty cool alongside Knights of Blood. Maybe you could do something different / custom when it comes to the SG to differentiate them?

Edited by LutherMax

Yeah I was thinking about DA Veteran robes since, i'm sorry for everyone who likes them, I think the SG models are pretty ugly.

Also just to clarify, I really mean Celestial Lions...no clue if there's a Celestial Knights chapter as well but I wouldn't be surprised. :D

Bit of an update for the mountain of painting pre warhammer world

Baal predator is now red and I managed to find a Rhino lying about basecoated in the old mecharite red (its not put together that well and it has a wonky aquilla on the front of it but Throne Damn it, it'll do) which is on its way to being painted. Managed to sort the assault sergeant and another assault marine too.

Still to do

9 Death company

10 tactical marines

2 command squad vet's (Inc. Finishing the company standard)

Finishing touches on a razorback

Lemartes

Build and convert legion praetor/captain once he arrives from forge world

Edited by Lord Janos

That's what I meant :blush: :D

DA robes would be cool. I have one squad using the actual kit (without the wings) and I'm building a second using the FW Legion torsos and heads which are looking pretty sweet. Just waiting for the MKII pads to arrive in the post so I can finish them...

Revisiting your BA thread I noticed that my SG would pretty much look like your SangPriest just with less wing iconography and potentially golden armour. I even thought about using the same head to follow the whole Knight theme I'm already going for with the rest (almost all will have Grey Knight helmets).

Nice to see someone else had similar ideas. :D

(I also noted it's quite tedious to scroll through 19 pages to see all your work. Maybe edit the opening posts with all your finished stuff eventually?)

Lately i'm thinking about to include some Celestial Lions Sternguard into my Knights of Blood army plans since the Knights are pretty much 100% choppy guys and i like both, Sternguard and Celestial Lions.

This would look cool. You could also make up some fluff about armegaddon 3, that some knights showed up and saved the Lions bacon or something.

Silver and gold together would look good. The Lions are gold and blue, so will be radically different to the silver and red of the knights. 

If you wont be using gold SG models, then no problem!