Don't watch the Dark Angels stream if you don't want to be dissapointed

how so?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/12/08/artefacts-of-the-blood-angels-dec-8gw-homepage-post-4/

Are these relics all going to be represented within our new codex??

Nope

Edited by Blindhamster

I'm envious of the shoot&charge stratagem. That would make Auto Bolt rifle Intercessors a lot more useful. And the re-roll charges in 6" trait would be incredibly useful for us as well. ^^

Also little things like our 4++ psychic power was deemed too powerful yet Ravenwing Jink was buffed to a 4++!

Yeah but if they jink they can't shoot right? If that is the case they lose a lot of firepower. I understand that Dark Angels are getting some nifty things but we have +1 to wound in combat. I don't think I've see a trait as good as this to improve what Primaris can do, or any other marine for that matter.

Also little things like our 4++ psychic power was deemed too powerful yet Ravenwing Jink was buffed to a 4++!

Yeah but if they jink they can't shoot right? If that is the case they lose a lot of firepower. I understand that Dark Angels are getting some nifty things but we have +1 to wound in combat. I don't think I've see a trait as good as this to improve what Primaris can do, or any other marine for that matter.

Well and we have to use up one of our psychic power slots, number of casts per turn and need to get the roll off without the opponent denying it. ^^

Jink is also on a very limited selection or units.

I concur that nerfing shield of sanguinius seemed harsh, but giving DA ravenwing jink is hardly game breaking, just changes the ideal weapon to use against them.

Come on guys, we have an overall great codex. DA deserve a great one too.

Good for them :)

I agree. We can cast our power on a bunch of different units while their jink is fix on very specific units and thus easier to controle for GW.

I'm still jealous of some of the stuff DA get since those are things I wish we would've gotten (mainly the two things I mentioned above). :P

On another note, lets hope my FLGS has the Codex in english tomorrow. I didn't pre-order and most shops in germany still get the books mainly in german unfortunately.

On another note, lets hope my FLGS has the Codex in english tomorrow. I didn't pre-order and most shops in germany still get the books mainly in german unfortunately.

Would be odd if they didn't. I would be really surprised if my LGS in the US had Spanish or German versions. But good luck and have fun!

Would be odd if they didn't. I would be really surprised if my LGS in the US had Spanish or German versions. But good luck and have fun!

Well that's not quite the same. English is the language that gets taught in schools everywhere in the western world and people these days are pretty much expected to be able to understand it while spanish and german isn't.

Also it was more about them not having the english version than about them having the german version anyway. ^^

Edited by sfPanzer

Just grabbed my codex and found my favorite unit is gone... the double Heavy Flamer Land speeder! :censored: ...HB + HF will have to do I guess.

Yeah you'd have to use the Index rules for that. Better just magnetize all the weapons and enjoy the double HF loadout as long as it lasts.

Just grabbed my codex and found my favorite unit is gone... the double Heavy Flamer Land speeder! :censored: ...HB + HF will have to do I guess.

Well that sucks. Sounds like alot of that kinda thing in this coming book really.

Space Marines have alot of that too? I remember hearing about biker characters and such hmmm.

Index for now I suppose, don't like to see these kind of changes in the codex books tho.

GW legal/corporate/whatever just can't let the game breath on it's own it seems.

Well that sucks. Sounds like alot of that kinda thing in this coming book really.

Space Marines have alot of that too? I remember hearing about biker characters and such hmmm.

Index for now I suppose, don't like to see these kind of changes in the codex books tho.

GW legal/corporate/whatever just can't let the game breath on it's own it seems.

Yeah vanilla Marines have those things in their Codex as well. CSM too. We really aren't anything special in that regard.

They do, yes. Things like Plaserbacks we already knew about but there was always going to be some extras. Just have to deal with it and hope the legacy stuff remains supported.

Is he back for the new Codex and did he survive DoB?

With New Codex in hand I can confirm the regrettable loss of Brother-captain Galan Machiavi. He is succeeded by Captain Antargo. We also lost several other Company Captains and other High ranking Brothers including Sephran.

It seems the 3rd Company has tough luck with COs.

Edited by LordCommanderSamirus

Book, cards and Hellblasters in hand!

My only gripes (of which I think you all share):

1. Jump Pack Sanguinary Priests are index only (even though Chaplains, Captains and Librarians kept them...?)

2. Baal Predator is borked. I'm considering trying a triple flamer one though and just running it forward as a potential threat with auto hit flamers ignoring it's degradation in stats.

3. Storm Shields gone from TDA Librarians (I have an awesome conversation I now have even less reason to paint...)

4. Twin Inferno Pistols gone from Assault Squad Sergeants, not to mention no deep striking in range to use them...

I'm wondering if there is some sort of defensive build we can go against enemy assault armies, relying on bubbles, heroic intervention and Red Thirst etc?

Cataphractii Terminator Captain with Death Visions, Gift of Foresight and Hammer of Baal might be one of the toughest god damn bastard's on the game now though... Holy balls.

Hitting and wounding anything T7 on a 2+ (re-rolling on the hits!) For -3AP and 3D while having a 2+/3++/5+++ god damn.

And if he dies somehow you can use the strat to have him fight once more!

I even had the upgrade pack in my hand....but I honestly can't justify paying 10€ for 6 tiny relic bitz, a generic chainsword/bolt pistol two bare heads, a generic helmet and a bunch of shoulder pads I don't need due me not building them as parent chapter Blood Angels. :ermm:

Got my codex but I have to work all weekend and I can't bring my iPad into work.

But I also ordered the collectors edition codex bundle with the cards and the dice and two extra sets of dice for my Christmas present. ^_^

Going to dig into the dex a bit more tonight and over the next few weeks but I am pretty sure I'll be starting out with Primaris & Vehicles.