On 4/5/2023 at 9:58 AM, DemonGSides said:

Is it just me or is it kind of weird that we got NO more mentions of Dante after the initial leak+GW reveal?  I thought they mentioned that we'd hear more about him during Adepticon but obviously The Lion was the showstopper there.

Just wondering if he's a Pre-10th or Post-Release for us.  Might be why the guy who leaked the WIP pics didn't include any stats with him; if the stats are for 10th, he might've been (rightfully) worried that he'd be going a bit too far with the leak.

His model is showcased in AoO: The Lion, but not sure if that means much for release dates.

On 2/11/2023 at 7:58 AM, Rhavien said:

Lovely :) I primed the most parts of my ba Levi this evening. Those models are so complex, I rather paint them half assembled. No chance to reach everywhere with a brush after everything is glued together. 

I’m having trouble with assembling the Levi’s knees. Fiddly bits

Were we hoping to get 2cp for him being our warlord? I don't play much, more of a collector and painter, but I am looking forward to playing 10th. Didn't play much 9th at all.

It's nothing great that datasheet but could have been worse I suppose 

Edited by happyslugger

So, it's been a slow burn on this one. 2 house moves, 12 years or so and I appear to have mislaid a few parts so this is a temporary pause for now till I cannibalise a Storm Raven for the rest of the cockpit and figure out something for the missing bits. But, all that aside, one Fire Raptor. The backlog is real, but it can go down as well as up!

20230415_125450.jpg

So, with Dante released and the dark angel/blood angel team up having been begun, it got me thinking again to the range refreshes for DA and BA that are rumoured.

I’ve a feeling it won’t include some things but will include others:

- I think astorath will get an update, probably with a pose similar to his original art with the axe in a sweeping pose. I’m actually uncertain if he will cross the rubicon, he doesn’t need to without a lore event forcing the issue.

- sanguinor will get a model, honestly I think this is a given, and it’ll be marine size (rather than primarch size), possibly primaris size but only because even in his more recent art he has been shown to be tall. I think he’ll be on a larger base, similar to helbrecht and primarchs though.

- sanguinary priest, this is almost guaranteed IMO

- death company chaplain I’m not so sure on, but if we get a proper DC update with jump pack access, I think the DC chaplain will get an update too.

- death company, I think we will get our update after the new jump infantry set gets released, and we will get a death company kit with option for jump packs to match.

- sanguinary guard, I feel are a given, and I’m pretty sure will match the armour style and size of Dante, but likely retain the winged jump packs.

- bonus: I feel we have a chance of getting karlean as an actual character, formally replacing tycho in our lineup.

I don’t think we will see:

- baal predator, I just can’t see them doing it.

- furioso/librarian/dc dread, I suspect at most we will get DC dread rules that can be used with a brutalis.

- I could see tycho being formally dropped from the codex now.

- similarly, I’ve a feeling lemartes might be killed off.

bonus: pretty sure we will get a new upgrade box similar to templars.

6 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

Totally forgot him, yeah I imagine he’ll get a model too

One thing I'd really like them to do is promote a secondary option for each of the big chapters. So include some Flesh Tearers decals on the BA decal sheet, some Wolfspear on the SW one, and maybe Consecrators for Dark Angels? Then you could have Gabriel Seth for Flesh Tearers, a new character for Woflspear and Grand Master Nakir for Consecrators.

So you have a second option with at least some support for each of those chapters.

1 minute ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

One thing I'd really like them to do is promote a secondary option for each of the big chapters. So include some Flesh Tearers decals on the BA decal sheet, some Wolfspear on the SW one, and maybe Consecrators for Dark Angels? Then you could have Gabriel Seth for Flesh Tearers, a new character for Woflspear and Grand Master Nakir for Consecrators.

So you have a second option with at least some support for each of those chapters.

That would be quite cool, yeah!

I think similarly:

1. Astorath model will be great and would be a buy for most of us, so makes business sense.

2. New sanguinary guard boxset - possibly smaller model count? Thinking blade guard type release?

3. DC - I could just see them adding some extras to the DC intercessors and box of assault intercessors.

4. Sanguinary priest - could be rolled into the SG box set somehow, or a stand alone blister pack. 

5. Dreads - I'd be happy to paint up the new dread as a DC dread but I'd like to think we would get a new Libby dread kit / option.

I think a DC chaplain is doubtful or at least not a quick release as they have the jump pack Chaplain model that's still nice and a decent size.  I haven't compared the S.Priest size (have one upstairs) to the primaris marines..

Exciting times ahead I think. 

I could however see them releasing a larger model (like the AOS model with wings the Celestant-Prime) as an option for the Sanguinor - make him like a centre piece model with some Primark level stats as that means we BA players get our Primark (to an extent) and they don't have to worry about lore / internet backlash for bringing him back to life. 

Edited by happyslugger

On 4/12/2023 at 5:53 PM, happyslugger said:

Sorry, don't know if this is the correct place to put this but has anyone built a brutalis dreadnought and painted it death company?

Not yet but I am building mine up with some wings and blood drops as a sort of Primaris Furioso.

Regarding finecast models, the "death" of Yarrick in the most recent IG codex has made me nervous for the future of any characters not in plastic. Dante and Mephiston have crossed the Rubicon. Corbulo is old but can be represented by the plastic Sanguinary Priest. That just leaves the Sanguinor, Lemartes and Astorath. With no chance of Sanguinius returning, my money is on the Sanguinor getting redone at some point as our Primarch-equivalent unit. This would be an easy win for GW as they get to introduce a new centre-piece model without any substantial impact on the lore since the Sanguinor was always there.

I would like to see us getting a new plastic character chaplain but the odds of us getting 2 seems unlikely. We know Astorath has been busy post-Devastation. Do we have any confirmation that Lemartes survived the DoB?