I'm really hoping for a tastey new Karlean model in the new terminator armour!

27 minutes ago, happyslugger said:

I'm working on these.

16820758607866018584004090308916.jpg

big fan of infiltrator models, the unit feels less "blood angel" to me, but they're so useful on the tabletop. keep up the good work brother!

1 minute ago, Karhedron said:

I painted my BA Captain that way and it looks great. I rekon Dante in that scheme would look boss. Here is my humble offering.

Looks good man.

I might end up painting a Dante for May 12M of Hobby. I need to be able to buy him first :(.

My plans for 12m of hobby have gone so far out the window they hit terminal velocity on the ground.

Just finished assembling Dante and I have to say that the new model is lovely and goes together like a dream. The pieces fit snuggly and there are no gaps or distortions. I have left the jump pack off for now to make painting easier. Tomorrow I am going to give him a basecoat of Retributor Armour and then start working on the shading.

image.thumb.jpeg.a63602c677e273edbd6dd2af3e5b2685.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Just finished assembling Dante and I have to say that the new model is lovely and goes together like a dream. The pieces fit snuggly and there are no gaps or distortions. I have left the jump pack off for now to make painting easier. Tomorrow I am going to give him a basecoat of Retributor Armour and then start working on the shading.

I managed to snag one so its my first model of May :D.

I picked up my order of Dante today as well, although I haven't yet been able to assemble him.

I'll probably do that this week, then prime him and lay down some retributor armour with the airbrush, then finish it out with a brush.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

3 hours ago, Spagunk said:

Why is the head in 3 pieces? Why?:angry::cry:

To enable them to get crisp delineation between the laurels and then rest of the head. It is very had for moulding to handle indentations with complex shapes as parts tend to stick. Doing it this way allows them to pack a lot of fine concave detail into a small object. It is just an artefact of the injection moulding process.

5 hours ago, Karhedron said:

To enable them to get crisp delineation between the laurels and then rest of the head. It is very had for moulding to handle indentations with complex shapes as parts tend to stick. Doing it this way allows them to pack a lot of fine concave detail into a small object. It is just an artefact of the injection moulding process.

Yeah, no. I don't buy that. They had crisp laurels in most of the other kits like the SG sprue and the now OOP BA tactical sprue. Having the part separate is just a weird flex move on their part and makes the head look funny. Just pure insanity.

Edited by Spagunk

On 4/23/2023 at 10:15 PM, Karhedron said:

The mini looks awesome. I wanted to use it for a generic chapter master but to hard to change is hands or weapons in a clean way. 

I'm saving my Dante as a treat and won't open or build him until I've cleared this backlog. Going to sit down later, revise my pile of shame and then prioritize what I build and paint moving forwards.  Should have these infiltrators done by Monday. My son threw me some old skool terminators (hammers and shields) that he couldn't be bothered to save, so I'm trying to rescue those also lol