Working on these two over the weekend.

The new dread looks to have skinny legs but it's the additional armour plating in the legs / thighs that's different.

Also, the arms are the same joints at the shoulder, so you can swap weapons between them. I've purchased a second one of the new dreads from eBay £20 delivered and will have it spare for if / when they release a mutlipart kit. 

16875205865162404978917133310337.jpg

Be interesting to see if the MPK of the Ballistus includes any other weapon options. The Redemptor has the Plasma and OGC while the Butalis has MMs covered. The Ballistus has TLLC and ML. I can't really think of any other classic Dread heavy weapons that are missing unless you get a bigger melta cannon arm of some sort.

My Predator, Fury Incarnate, spent some time in the forge this weekend to switch it from a Destructor to an Annihilator. 

Stuck it in the freezer for a while to make the glue more brittle, then was able to get a hobby knife into the seam and carefully take the turret apart. Switched out the autocannon for the twin Las and glued it back together. The lascannons are going to be much more beneficial going forward. 

I also finished up painting the Bladeguard Lt. this weekend. Need to base him and then I can post the pictures. 

Edited by BluejayJunior

I came to similar conclusions based on that single look at the new datasheet. First 5 I'll probably build as they are but I might convert couple in the second bach... Will see :)
Anyone joining the Call to Arms event?

I have used 10th edition as inspiration to finally finish off my Scout Sniper squad. It is amazing how motivational decent rules are. :biggrin: You can tell from the age of the minis just how long they have been sitting in my pile of shame. :blush:

image.thumb.jpeg.cdbb9718fca2b93a9b9c501a270ce778.jpeg

So I had my first 10th edition game going yesterday. I played 1k against a friend who's fielding Eldar. 

Overall I liked the flow of the game and the feeling of 10th. I printed my some cards for easy reference and even forgetting the sustained hits rule from the termi libby the termis obliterated anything they looked at. I got first turn and felt almost guilty using OoM to easily erase an enemies unit. But then the Eldar magic started... Oh boy. My friend despises to run the latest meta lists, so he left every D Cannon at home. But the fatedice mechanic seems so ridiculous. He rolled 4 sixes, some 5s, some fours and so on. Every brightlance is a deadly tool to easily deal 8 wounds. Eldar anti-grav tanks somehow have more wounds than predators. War walker have a 4++ and give you - 1 to wound. All the haywire stuff doing mortals. Just wow.

17 hours ago, Rhavien said:

So I had my first 10th edition game going yesterday. I played 1k against a friend who's fielding Eldar. 

Overall I liked the flow of the game and the feeling of 10th. I printed my some cards for easy reference and even forgetting the sustained hits rule from the termi libby the termis obliterated anything they looked at. I got first turn and felt almost guilty using OoM to easily erase an enemies unit. But then the Eldar magic started... Oh boy. My friend despises to run the latest meta lists, so he left every D Cannon at home. But the fatedice mechanic seems so ridiculous. He rolled 4 sixes, some 5s, some fours and so on. Every brightlance is a deadly tool to easily deal 8 wounds. Eldar anti-grav tanks somehow have more wounds than predators. War walker have a 4++ and give you - 1 to wound. All the haywire stuff doing mortals. Just wow.

Yeah, it sounds like Eldar are tearing it up at the moment. I've not played yet, so it's always good to hear people liking the edition.

Have you guys seen the wargear options for Company Veterans in the Command Squad?? 
That's some absolutely WILD modelling opportunities like shields + Lascanons or MultiMeltas :laugh: Those would be like HH Breachers on steroids. 

3 hours ago, Majkhel said:

Have you guys seen the wargear options for Company Veterans in the Command Squad?? 
That's some absolutely WILD modelling opportunities like shields + Lascanons or MultiMeltas :laugh: Those would be like HH Breachers on steroids. 

Fun for modelling but not particularly competitive I think. More expensive than a Devastator squad and can only match its firepower under ideal circumstances. If you go for a heavy weapons built then you are kinda wasting the bonuses of the Champion. Maybe a melee build with a couple of PF/SS Vets and Inferno pistols throughout. Tool out a melee captain and you have a decently punch squad although they will need a Transport for delivery.