3 hours ago, Rhavien said:

What's the problem with 3 piece heads? I don't get it? 

Completely unnecessary to make it 3 pieces. I do not specifically buy the thought that it adds "crisp details" since there are plenty if examples of other details doing just fine without being separate pieces. The more pieces you have to put something together, the more likely it is to mess up/lose a piece/accidentally get spoiled with accidental over gluing.

Edited by Spagunk

9 hours ago, happyslugger said:

I'm saving my Dante as a treat and won't open or build him until I've cleared this backlog. Going to sit down later, revise my pile of shame and then prioritize what I build and paint moving forwards.  Should have these infiltrators done by Monday. My son threw me some old skool terminators (hammers and shields) that he couldn't be bothered to save, so I'm trying to rescue those also lol

How old (as in metal or plastic?), and are you trying to repaint them?

3 hours ago, Paladin777 said:

How old (as in metal or plastic?), and are you trying to repaint them?

Plastic ones but generic terminators not BA ones.  Think he got them from eBay and just can't be bothered. So I'm trying to make them look okay for a while as I have no terminators in my BA (sold mine).  Once the new model / equivalent come out I won't use these lol 

Power purple does a pretty good job of stripping paint (depending on what kind of paint), but it also weakens glue bonds without pulling it completely off the model. 

I recently used it on some old metal warp spiders to pretty good effect.

Thanks, I'm actually very happy with how they are coming out. I may just base them on cork and keep them now lol. I know new ones will come out but these are looking good now and may just mean that any new size assault terminators go to the bottom of my must buy pile 

Edited by happyslugger

I built mine last week and got a layer of Retributor armour done with the airbrush, he's a surprisingly easy build.

I left the backpack off, but it did surprise me that him on that rock is actually balanced. You can just set him down without gluing on the base and he doesn't topple over.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I've just put together the blade guard captain, lieutenant, 3 blade guard and 3 eradicators from the indomitus boxset (lol I'm a bit behind). Tomorrow I'll put together the three blade guard from the shield breaker boxset I got.  Gonna take a while to paint those blade guard me thinks. 

Looking forward to seeing all your Dante model :-)

Edited by happyslugger

I started on my Cataphracti Terminators the other night. I haven't painted much the past year or so until recently and I was working on Sisters then. And have been working on Guard stuff recently. So it was nice to get back to painting red again. 

And here he is in all his finished glory!

This is one of the nicest models I have ever built and painted. Assembly was nice and easy with sockets on all the joints to ensure the parts lined up smoothly. He is covered in detail that is lovely to paint and the nice open pose makes getting at all of the detail a doddle. I can't wait to field him.

large.20230504_131456.jpg.0ece1788ca64d2

I went down the thousand sons route with the blues (but don't tell anyone).

Yes, it is tanks next.  I have my very first purchase from FW when I went to GW there the first time - the sicaran and my repulsor to touch up and try and bring too life.  I then have this impulsor to paint up and a gladiator tank.  Figured I would do them all at the same time so I can try and get the schemes to match up and magnetise what I can in one go.  Then I will do the tech marine.

• 2 weeks later...