In its description in book 8, it says that after it uses the jump pack, it jettisons it.

Because of that I think the regular contemptor power unit on the back and the jump pack will come separately, and you will be able to put on the jump pack over that.

If that's the case, personally I plan on avoid using the jump pack at all.

Another possibility for magnetization :D:D:D

• 5 months later...

I still do not like the looks of the "jump pack"*. But the sculpt is otherwise reeeeally nice and will be a joy to paint!

*I'd much more prefer something along these lines

storm_angels_sanguinary_guard_by_zmanwoo

Edited by Majkhel

gallery_62972_10568_103939.gif

Haha! What can I say? I've stumbled upon that abomination while looking for pictures to use on flags. And while the idea is ridiculous, the size of the JP actually makes it look sensible to me. That guy even got a name in the fandom wiki....

Official FW description:

“ Key Features

It's a flying Contemptor Dreadnought!

Get the drop on your opponents…

…or jump into the fray”

Hah!

As for the legs, I have a gut feeling they will be multi-piece assembly like all their Legion-branded Contemptors, in which case I imagine you could swap the torso and get some bling on.

As for the jump pack, it feels a bit wonky...but I kinda like it that way: the fluff description is that the jump pack was single-use and so I kinda like how it feels like something that fire once that automatically falls off.

I plan on running one with 1x Talon of Perdition (S:User AP2, each unsaved wound counts as two) and 1x Dreadnought CCW (Sx2 AP2) to give versatility in dealing with both elites and vehicles. Dual underslung Illastrus Assault Cannons (24” Assault 4 S6 AP4 Rending, Overheat) for dakka (I really wish we could wrist-mounted AC’s on Contemptors and nipple-chain guns on Leviathans in 8th the way we can in HH). I’m actually thinking of putting in a Deop Pod/Claw since then you get maximum use out of the movement/charge. Makes it more expensive, but seems more reliable than using the jump pack to DS (and scatter) in.

So now we got official models for Raldoron, Crimson Paladins, the jump Dread, and Sangy himself. Me wonders if Dawnbreakers or Angel’s Tears will come out at all (there were no renders of either at last year’s Weekender).

Edited by Indefragable

Ooooph, i hadn't noticed from the original pictures, but with the 360 option, you can see that the guns built into the claws are assault cannons. I really really doubt it, but if this ever gets rules for 40k, This might be the coolest BA model, edging out the Libby Dread and Astorath.

I too want something for dawn breakers and angel's tears. Been trying to find a solution for Angel tear assault cannons and hit severe dead ends. At the very least we need just an upgrade kit ala Alpha Legion seekers since you have a lot of sources in the BA catalog for fancy stuff.

It may well just be that. Shane rotor cannons look too small now.

Has anyone gotten the illiatus-pattern assault cannons for their Cataphactii yet?

That's my eventual plan for the Assault cannon from my crimson paladins at the moment. I feel like the paladins shouldn't mix roles by adding the AC in place of shield and sword/fist.

Edited by Spagunk

I’ll share pics of my WIP kitbash Angel’s Tears when I can (sometime in the next 18years?)

As for AC’s on Termies, I think I’m going to put one on a Cataphractii Termie Command squad. As Spagunk has said, your taking Crimson Paladins for their sauce, and their sauce is their -1S shield which you have to give up to take an AC with them. Especially with the squad capped at 5, you need all the damage mitigation and CQC you can get.

Speaking of Cataphractii command squads, anyone seen kitbashes of banners with them that they like? I’m currently thinking of how to convert the Archangels banner/pole/hand holding it from the BA Assault Terminator kit to work with Cataphractii armor. It’s a bit silly, but RAW you can have a Terminator Standard Bearer with chainfist, assault cannon, and the banner. Amazing since then you have a single dude in the squad (besides the HQ you probably need to protect) to survive til the end and the rest can be meatshields.

About the banner - Anamnesis H

has made a fantastic little conversion using Chaos Marauder Horsemen banner:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/337962-primaris-knight-of-the-chalice-astraeus-completed/page-13?do=findComment&comment=5401408

I'm thinking to replicate this myself if/when I get the piece.

Edited by Majkhel

Here's my Angel Tears kitbash.

gallery_40907_9492_82677.jpg

The far right will have a grenade launcher. Next to him is the sarge and the rest will have assault cannons once I have a source for those bits.

P.S. My thoughts are that they are pretty much painted like Death company to insinuate that they're the origin of that motif.

Edited by Spagunk

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/20/the-next-stages-of-the-horus-heresyfw-homepage-post-1/

There's a preview of the new Angel's Tears models for Horus Heresy up:

443d1aef.jpg

d0019046.jpg

The Angel’s Tears are the Blood Angels’ equivalent of Destroyer squads from other Space Marines Legions. Equipped with jump packs and armed with weapons designed to annihilate their enemies, they are true Angels of Death. Whether they are armed with volkite serpenta or Angel’s Tears grenade launchers, their arrival heralds total destruction.

I'm in love. Day one buy for me (even if I already started my own :dry.: ). The grenade launcher is a lot larger than I thought it would be though.

The paint job is a bit lackluster from normal FW painting though. It's kind of flat.

Edited by Spagunk

Nice helmets! A little noise marines like perhaps, but characterful. And great that they sculpted Angel's Tears' icon on the shoulder pads and greaves. The other shoulder pads with scull and wings are also great.

...paintjob is awful...

Edited by Majkhel

I've loved all the Forgeworld Blood Angels models that have come out for the Horus Heresy. They are so well detailed and really great sculpts, however I'm pretty disappointed in the Angel's Tears. To me they just look pretty plain and static. The grenade launcher also looks really uninspiring, it definitely needs an icon on it's flat panel at the rear of the weapon to add a bit of character. Compare this to the Assault Cannon on the Crimson Paladins and you can see that adding a few more details really make things stand out and look better than the plain version we have here. Also for me, the helmets don't really fit with the aesthetic of the Blood Angels either. I get the colour as that was explained but the design of the helmets them selves seems more noise marine to me.

Yea I get the feeling that this is a vain attempt to do anything different from the previous BA mask incarnations we've seen, just like the lack of a 30k Sanguinary Guard unit (so far) could be seen as not trying to take away from GW's plastic kit that is already out in the wild.

I'm a bit concerned now for whatever FW might have in mind for official Dawnbreaker models...

...it's a shame since the Crimson Paladins look so good but are almost functionally useless on the tabletop, while Angel's Tears and Dawnbreakers are pretty darn good units.

Edited by Indefragable

Sadly I think FW's paintjobs and sculpts are a little too safe these days.

It's too close to 'Eavy Metal with the extreme edge highlights etc

However it's veeery cool still and I'm excited to see the full squad, let alone the Dawnbreakers too!