HHWeekender-Feb2-Raldoran2ehc.jpg

HHWeekender-Feb2-BADreadRender6sg.jpg

Better pictures from WHC.

Via Garro

50982541_2158804160806835_57364780814056

51348037_2158814434139141_52489439569510

A quick pic of the instructions for Sang’s scenic base.

gallery_26271_15214_832778.jpeg

HHWeekender-Feb2-HHSanguiniusDioramaBase

Ok, I'm back in my hotel room and have a nice cup of coffee in front of me (decaf - I do want to sleep somewhat tonight)

I did order myself a copy of Malevolance (we'll see when it actually arrives on my doorstep), and I have Sanguinius (sans scenic base, but I will get that tomorrow), the Crimson Paladins, and copies of The Burried Dagger, Scions of the Emperor, and the 2019 Black Library Anthology.

I want to rant about this event already - in fact I've just spent an hour with a mate who is also here talking / ranting about various things. I don't want to cover it now as I'll do that next week. I've used the word 'farcical' in this thread already, I think that's a good place to leave it.

The Crimson Paladin models are stunning, beyond what I was expecting in so many ways. There are weapon options, I was expecting the load out we saw on WHC to be the only options but there are some more. There are 6 swords (4 right-handed and 2 left-handed), 5 shields, a pole arm and an assault cannon. I thought the torso and legs were going to be single pieces, but they come in three separate parts each (legs, front torso, rear torso). Even the instructions are really good - judge for yourself:

gallery_26271_15214_17540.jpg

gallery_26271_15214_228270.jpg

gallery_26271_15214_45618.jpg

I'm really looking forward to putting these guys together, I was toying with the idea of not getting them but so glad I did.

Sanguinius is nice, but he's going to be a pain to put together securely. There's a lot of small pieces to be attached. I want to see what the scenic base option is, because the silhouette is intriguing me.

51216241_2158034010883850_63641765651897

51206976_2158034067550511_50197258215610

From Garro.

This was posted on Facebook, pretty good look at his head in bare resin.

http://i.imgur.com/MidukkH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fs6l98n.jpg

Something that cropped up on a FB group. This really realigns all the angles (hair, movement, airflow in wings, etc) and suddenly completely fixes the miniature for me.

Is it possible that the studio... assembled it wrong for the painting (or the commission painter did)?

This can also mean that possibly the miniature is salvageable for all of us who can't unsee the composition discrepancies. Cannot help with Bill Nye though.

hIlIObM.jpg

Saw this on Facebook :

http://i.imgur.com/0xha5Gh.jpg

This too! Note Infernus, and the Moonsilver Blade.

51391265_2383810731648719_13599465947906

Via Jason-Lacovara Jones on the 30k Blood Angels Players Facebook page. Direct quote:

I spent about 30 minutes with book 8 today and this is what I can remember

Crimson Paladins - elites
Come in a unit of 3, max of 5
Have deep strike standard 
1 wound unit Sgt has 2 wounds (I think)
Get bonuses for being outnumbered
Come with power weapon and powers shields which reduce incoming attacks by -1 strength 
Sgt can take a blade of perdition instead

Dawnbreakers - elites
Jump infantry assault unit
All have Artificer, ws 5, 2 attacks
All come with Phoenix spears
Sgt can have a blade of perdition
All can swap spears with paired swords that are ap3 plus either rending or +1 initiative, choose when you attack
When they deep strike they do a ranged attack on a unit within 6".

Angels tears - elites
Unique destroyers twins
All come with 2 volkite pistols and rad grenades 
Any model can swap pistols for rotor cannons, assault cannons with suspense webs, several other options.
Any model can swap chainswords with power weapons or power fists (I think)

Incaendius dreadnought - fast attack
Contemptor dreadnought
Unit of 1 only
Come with 2 talons of perdition- s user, ap 2, deathfire
Can swap talons with dreadnought combat weapon
Talons include heavy flamer can upgrade to assault cannons
Has a special thruster chose 1 rule.
Either can deploy via deep strike.
Or. Once per game can use it in the movement phase to move 12" or in the assault phase one charge 3d6.
Blade of perdition still has the deathfire rule. Any model that suffers a wound, suffers 2 instead, both wounds must be saved separately.

2 characters
Raldoron there's a photo of his rules in the booklet will upload later.

Justciar can't remember his name
Basically a 3 wound centurion
+1s ap3 melee weapon
2 hand flames
When he dies, roll a d6, on a 4+ he goes into ongoing reserves with 1 wound
Has scout I think.

Sanguinius 
Ws 9
Bs ?
S 6
T 6
I 7
A 6
Ld 10
Sv 2+
He gets +1 initiative and attacks in the first round of combat.
All blood angels can use their jump packs in both movement and assault phase. 
Armour gives him 4+ invun and can reroll failed invun saves when he charges.
Has either encarmine blade or spear of telesto.
Spear is s7 ap1 instant death, some other rules.
It can be thrown and then he draws another sword called moonsilver blade which is ap3 but gets bonuses against daemons.
Hammer of wrath attacks is at s10 ap2.
Can do a vector strike attack at s6 ap2.
When he deep strikes he doesn't scatter.

Just what i can remember off the top of my head. Trust me when i say they have done our legion justice, and it has been well worth the wait.

Edited by m0nolith

Dreadnought is weird. Hopefully it's just an upgrade kit.

Everything else is awesome. Sangy looks WAY better on scenic base: still don't like his face/hair combo.

Going to be hard to resist just going full deamon on bases.

Edited by Spagunk

Phoenix spears ARE the EC ones, but I hope they are distinct. It would be a shame for the EC to be one upped for no reason.

Overall very happy with how the IXth are shaping up and that Sangy model is just the tits!

Also not fussed at all there are no SG - they aren't an interesting unit and the point of the Heresy is all the left field and unexpected units for each legion that FW devise themselves that perfectly fit the lore and aesthetics of the legion.

Plus, seeing as Azkellion isn't included it means there is scope to do them later if need be!

Also... *Ahem*

CONTEMPTOR DREADNOUGHT WITH A GOD DAMN JUMP PACK. WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Merging both of these to cross-reference and keep things together

From my post in the News & Rumor main thread:
<snip>

My edits + additional info below

Via Jason-Lacovara Jones on the 30k Blood Angels Players Facebook page. Direct quote:

I spent about 30 minutes with book 8 today and this is what I can remember

Crimson Paladins - elites
Come in a unit of 3, max of 5
Have deep strike standard 
1 wound unit Sgt has 2 wounds (I think) Pretty sure the whole unit is W2
Get bonuses for being outnumbered = 5+ FNP
Come with power weapon and powers shields which reduce incoming attacks by -1 strength 
Sgt can take a blade of perdition instead

Dawnbreakers - elites
Jump infantry assault unit
All have Artificer, ws 5, 2 attacks
All come with Phoenix spears
Sgt can have a blade of perdition
All can swap spears with paired swords that are ap3 plus either rending or +1 initiative, choose when you attack
When they deep strike they do a ranged attack on a unit within 6".

Angels tears - elites
Unique destroyers twins
Any model can swap pistols for rotor cannons, assault cannons with suspense webs, several other options.

Incaendius dreadnought - fast attack
Contemptor dreadnought
Unit of 1 only
Come with 2 talons of perdition- s user, ap 2, deathfire
Can swap talons with dreadnought combat weapon
Talons include heavy flamer can upgrade to assault cannons
Has a special thruster chose 1 rule.
Either can deploy via deep strike.
Or. Once per game can use it in the movement phase to move 12" or in the assault phase one charge 3d6.
Blade of perdition still has the deathfire rule. Any model that suffers a wound, suffers 2 instead, both wounds must be saved separately.

2 characters
Raldoron there's a photo of his rules in the booklet will upload later.

Raldoran:

180pts

WS      BS        S          T          W        I           A         Ld        Sv

7          5          4          4          3          5          4          10        2+

Infantry (Character)

Artificer armour: 2+

The Encarmine Warblade: S+1 AP2 Melee, Master-crafted, Shred, Murderous Strike

Murderous Strike: To Wound rolls of 6 have Instant Death

Combi-flamer

Bolt pistol:       S4 AP- 12” Pistol

Iron halo:        4++

Frag & krak grenades

Encarmine Fury: +1 To Wound (but only if opposing units could already be wounded)

Independent Character

Master of the Legion

Furious Charge:           +1S

Archein of Wisdom:    Raldoron may pick his Warlord trait from the Legiones Astartes Army List Warlord Traits table

1: Bloody Handed: model + unit cause Fear

2: Master Tactician: After both sides have deployed but before which side goes first has been determined, this Warlord’s side may redeploy units within the parameters of the mission. Units in Reserve may be placed on the table and vice versa.

3: World Burner: nominate D3 units within Primary Detachment with the Blast or Template rule; they gain Shred

4: Paladin of Glory: Fearless and any units from same Legion in 6” are +1 to the Wounds score to see who won an Assault

5: Void Walker: Adamantium Will + one nominated Infantry unit gains Deep Strike

6: Child of Terror: model and any unit he joins may re-roll To Wound rolls of 1 in close combat:      

Justciar can't remember his name
Basically a 3 wound centurion
+1s ap3 melee weapon
2 hand flames
When he dies, roll a d6, on a 4+ he goes into ongoing reserves with 1 wound
Has scout I think.

Sanguinius 

485pts
Ws 9
Bs 5
S 6
T 6

W6 (I think)
I 7
A 6
Ld 10
Sv 2+
He gets +1 initiative and attacks in the first round of combat.
All blood angels can use their jump packs in both movement and assault phase.
Armour gives him 2+4+ invun and can reroll failed invun saves when he charges.
Has either encarmine blade or spear of telesto.+ Moonsilver blade; (options are mutually exclusive: you have to declare at start of game which you are ueing: Encarmine or spear+moonsilver)

Encarmine Blade:

S+2 AP2 Shred, Rampage

Spear is s7 ap1 instant death, some other rules.

Spear of Telesto

Melee: S+3/User AP1/2 Instant Death

Shooting: 12" S7 AP2 Armourbane
It can be thrown and then he draws another sword called moonsilver blade which is ap3 but gets bonuses against daemons.

Moonsilver blade:

Melee S:User AP3 Duellist's Edge, Blind, Shred (I think), Moonsilver (does double wounds against daemons + psykers)
Hammer of wrath attacks is at s10 ap2.
Can do a vector strike attack at s6 ap2.
When he deep strikes he and his attached unit doesn't scatter.

Wings  = Jump Pack he can use in both Movement and Assault (though he also has Fleet as a Primarch)

Just what i can remember off the top of my head. Trust me when i say they have done our legion justice, and it has been well worth the wait.

Also, as a note, the daemon on the scenic base is a "Daemon of the Ruinstorm." It's a non-aligned daemon of the kind that feature in Malevolence. The idea being that they are A. more primordial and somewhat formless; from the Imperium's perspective, they don't know what they look like so daemons are weird and nondescript to them; and B. since THE WARP, as humans encounter daemons more and more, the psychic imprints of their reactions start to shape the daemons as they appear in 40k; aka Bloodletters became Bloodletters as we know them in part because the more people encountered that variant and remembered it, the more it gave that variant permanence. Kind of like that line from Ghostbusters where Gozer says "choose the form of your destructor" and Ray can't help but think of the Staypuft Marshmallow Man, thus creating that daemonic entity. Kinda sorta from what Anuj + Neal were explaining. From a game mechanic perspective, it's much more "generic" daemons who you can pick + choose what you want them to do rather than having to align with one of the big four. They are also a very different army that basically Deep Strikes (Warp Gates) for free T1 all over the place and are pretty darn strong on T1, but slowly wane in power each Turn.

Edited by Indefragable

Some other angles of the diorama, taken by me:

BA Diorama 1

BA Diorama 2

BA Diorama 3

BA Diorama 4

#2 there, for me, is what it's about: regardless of what you may/may not think/like about Sanguinius' model, when you actually see it on the battlefield against other things it is just plain epic.

I made a quip about the scene being "heavy," as in I like to think (and play) BA as more of an aerial, jump packs + flyers + drop pods kind of force and one of the painters mentioned that they wanted to do something with a bunch of stormbirds and thunderhawks, but in order to do them right, they would have to mount them to the wall and the venue didn't want them drilling into their walls. Hence, they decided to do this scene which is supposed to be the push towards the Cathedral of the Mark during Fear to Tread. If you look at the image as the backdrop, you can make out the Red Tear in the background.

Hmm, no citation for me regarding the Death Masks. Thought I could find something, but looks like it is just my assumption that all things death-related in BA culture are rooted in Sanguinius's death.

100% this...in M41

In M31 they were different and didn’t have that fundamental part of their character that’s in 40k.

From seminar:

-Pre-Sanguinius IX Legion referred to as “the Eaters of the Dead” (not Hellriders?” and are a Fire-and-Forget weapon, they were the premiere independent Legion for self-contained/self-reliance operations. Their gene seed is unstable and makes for a very difficult transformation, but the flip side is that they can recruit from far more types of populations (including some mutants/abhukans) b/c the change is so powerful.

(One of) their Exemplary Battles feature a company that was left on a techno barbarian world for decades and forgotten about. When the Imperium comes back they’re jaws drop and ask “what the :cuss happened here?” Both in terms of battlefield effect and also how they were able to sustain themselves with 0 support.

Hmmmmm.

From seminar:

-Pre-Sanguinius IX Legion referred to as “the Eaters of the Dead” (not Hellriders?” and are a Fire-and-Forget weapon, they were the premiere independent Legion for self-contained/self-reliance operations. Their gene seed is unstable and makes for a very difficult transformation, but the flip side is that they can recruit from far more types of populations (including some mutants/abhukans) b/c the change is so powerful.

(One of) their Exemplary Battles feature a company that was left on a techno barbarian world for decades and forgotten about. When the Imperium comes back they’re jaws drop and ask “what the :censored: happened here?” Both in terms of battlefield effect and also how they were able to sustain themselves with 0 support.

Hmmmmm.

Source?

From seminar:

(One of) their Exemplary Battles feature a company that was left on a techno barbarian world for decades and forgotten about. When the Imperium comes back they’re jaws drop and ask “what the :censored: happened here?” Both in terms of battlefield effect and also how they were able to sustain themselves with 0 support.

Hmmmmm.

Source?

The member of FW who was doing the Seminar Indefragable was in, at a guess

Angels tears - elites

Unique destroyers twins

Explains why FW chose to paint the choom moritat in BA colours also kinda sneaky of FW if it was a hint to the Angels tears

From seminar:

Hmmmmm.

Source?

The member of FW who was doing the Seminar Indefragable was in, at a guess

Anuj and Neil who wrote black book 8, Malevolence. They were cool dudes.