The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

The dread is in elite slot now. What does this mean?

It means that I'll be playing unbound lists for the remainder of 7th edition? biggrin.png

Can't really put into words how much I like that relic chainsword.....

http://i.imgur.com/DKRgwCW.jpg?1

IMHO this is exactly how I imagine BA wargear and I've never seen it translated into a model as well before. Much better than just extra blood drops and wings everywhere. This is the first clam shell figure I really, really like. My wallet did not see that one coming...

Right there with you Brother

Ya! Sorry, there's a blurry number there.  Dread looks to be 95 -as per codex.  And I may be wishing it so, but I think its 160?! 

160 pts (or 165) for 5-man Sanguinary Guard squad would be awesomesauce. My excitement level just went up a lot.

Where are you guys seeing points costs?

Bottom right of the Codex cover pic, there are two entries, sang guard and dread.  It looks like the points are there.

You know, the ONLY way I will be let down by this dex is if they muck up the points recosting of the Sang Guard, the Jump DC, the Van Vets and the special characters (and maybe the tactical terms...though they're unlikely to change)

I realy Can't see it..... are you sure? or it is just speculations.

Can anyone else confirm or at least tell me that it does look like it could be 160 ?  No one else has chimed in on that yet?

Eesh, I dunno.  If I zoom in it looks more like 16x or 180x, but zooming out I almost think 200.

Arc-  yup. Its there.  A few people have confirmed what I think i'm seeing! 

Check it out.

Also, guys, check the Advent Calender:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/advent-calendar-2014.html

Pay close attention to "digital editions" which are the rules vs. black library which is the fluff (i think?).

I assume the 13th will just be a digital release of our dex, but but but...look at the 9th!!! 

Arc- yup. Its there. A few people have confirmed what I think i'm seeing!

Check it out.

Pay close attention to "digital editions" which are the rules vs. black library which is the fluff (i think?).

I assume the 13th will just be a digital release of our dex, but but but...look at the 9th!!!

jawdrop.gif Please let that be a supplement

Check it out.

Look at the dual releases on the 13th, definitely some form of alliance going on there.

tongue.png

Now is the 7th Flesh Eaters or World Eaters? Or rules for Hungry Hungry Astartes?

165pts makes more sense than 160. 165 is 33points each.

Check it out.

Look at the dual releases on the 13th, definitely some form of alliance going on there.

tongue.png

Thought I read somewhere that during the Shield of Baal campaign 'unexpected allies' arrive down the track, dont think well be doing away with this shameful fluff anytime soon Brothers... unless we redeem ourselves by turning on the Necrons once the day is won ;)

I know it doesn't sit well with so many, but there's something intrinsically "BA" and noble about that for me.  

Its not the frothing, seething zealotry we see from a few other chapters and other parts of the Imperium, its the ability to see the "humanity" in our enemies - if only for a time being, and if only to help us out - but nevertheless the acknowledgement of a group of warriors to another group of warriors.

It makes the BA all the more relateable and appealing to me. 

Yea that chainsword is absolutely gorgeous. I can't bring myself to like the rest of the model, though. Not really my type. :(

Hopefully the SP kit will have other bits I like.

I can't wait to hear more about our rules. I'm dying to see how we play now.

Any new fluff rumors?

I know it doesn't sit well with so many, but there's something intrinsically "BA" and noble about that for me.  

Its not the frothing, seething zealotry we see from a few other chapters and other parts of the Imperium, its the ability to see the "humanity" in our enemies - if only for a time being, and if only to help us out - but nevertheless the acknowledgement of a group of warriors to another group of warriors.

It makes the BA all the more relateable and appealing to me. 

I agree. I just don't understand the rage against it. It makes perfect sense to me to agree with an honored foe to kill each other another day and deal with a mutual threat today. That's how the BA roll.

I agree. I just don't understand the rage against it. 

Because our 5th ed codex came before the re-working of the Necron fluff. It made zero sense at the time considering how Necrons had been portrayed until then. 

In hindsight it works much better because Ward worked on both books and knew what was coming.

History always need context. ;)

Does anyone know if the sanguinary guard edition comes with an early release supplement? There appears to be a death company book in there. The space wolf release had 2 special editions one with the supplement and one with out. Iv a feeling the one with it was more expensive, can anyone remember?

Because our 5th ed codex came before the re-working of the Necron fluff. It made zero sense at the time considering how Necrons had been portrayed until then.

In hindsight it works much better because Ward worked on both books and knew what was coming.

History always need context. msn-wink.gif

Sure, but it's been a while. I know the Imperium is a stagnant organization, but do the fans need to behave the same way?

History always need context. msn-wink.gif

Sure, but it's been a while. I know the Imperium is a stagnant organization, but do the fans need to behave the same way?

By this point it's more of a running joke that has stuck around. I doubt many people seriously 'rage' against it these days.

Finally Corb's went old school with the traditional white armour, and they made Heaven Teeth actually look like a relic biggrin.png

Let's hope not!

With nipple-armour he'll have a 2+ save, which means he will surely lose his FNP(2+)

I doubt he'll keep the 2+ FNP. I expect that to go.

Arriving a little late with my contribution to the discussion so forgive me but

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL!!!

There. Just so we all sound like the crowd at a Beatles concert :p

Priest = AWESOME!! May not be Corbulo if our characters are getting artificer armour and relics, but I'll take this as a Corby counts-as any day.

Tacs = AWESOME!! UUUuuuhhhhuhuhuh....no need to comment here...

Sanguard price drop = AWESOME!! And with a new Dante sculpt too...go on, believe :)

New cover art...primaris power...grav weapons...possible TDA death company...what? What's with all this awesome? No really, I'm going for a lie down. Someone wake me up at 1859 on saturday.

Archived