Promising stuff brother! Your Raven Guard in particular look fantastic, especially arrayed for war together on that table. I love seeing full armies deployed and painted to a high quality and yours does NOT disappoint.

Keep it up:biggrin.:

@Athrawes: thank you very much! I frequently get discouraged about my painting when I travel around b&c, so thank you!

(And if I'm honest, painting is my least favorite part of the hobby, so it's usually a fight for me to sit down and put brush to model)

@Black Orange: I live in Fernandina, right about Jax (last exit before you hit Georgia), but we were barely impacted. I had prepped for every under evacuation, but got a bit of wind and rain. Nothing serious.

I actually deducted -10 from Gryffindor for the lackluster storm. I'm told by my brother in law Jax got hit harder, but I watched the storm till 3am before going to bed dissapointed.

And those strips...they may be the death of me. Each strip is one of a series of strips that need to be brightened, cleaned, thinned or made larger, or otherwise a pain in the butt. But I'm happy with them atm.

Edited by Wolf Lord Kieran

@UW: I havent heard of that before, but will have to try it. I did try and do stripes on a shoulder pad and it failed miserably.

For today's game, the final list

Army 1
Raven Guard
RoW: Orbital Assault

LoW: Primarch Corax

HQ: Praetor with jump pack and Raven Talons
HQ: Herald with Power axe
HQ: Master of Signals with Power axe

TROOPS: 1x10 Tactical Marines in Drop Pod
TROOPS: 1x10 Tactical Volkite Squad in Drop Pod

ELITES: 1x2 Apothecaries, both have jump packs
ELITES: 1x3 Contemptor Talon in Drop Pods
ELITES: 1x10 Mor Deythan in Anvillus Pod
ELITES: 1x10 Mor Deythan in Darkwing

FAST ATTACK: 1x10 Dark Fury Assault Squad
FAST ATTACK: 1x10 Dark Fury Assault Squad

HEAVY SUPPORT: Leviathan Dreadnought in Drop Pod
HEAVY SUPPORT: Leviathan Dreadnought in Drop Pod
HEAVY SUPPORT: 1x9 Heavy Missile Squad in Drop Pod

Army 2
Vlka Fenryka
RoW: Pride of the Legion

HQ: Praetor in TDA with TDA Command Squad in Land Raider Phobos

TROOPS: 1x10 Terminators in a Spartan
TROOPS: 1x10 Terminators in a Spartan

Combined armies comes out to 7,994 points. 

-the RG list is basically the same I took against UW, with dropping the Raptor and putting in a second Leviathan+Plasma squad being the real changes. So far I'm just not impressed by the Raptor, but the list itself did well enough for me to want to try it again. EDIT. Dropped the Plasma Squad. My Drop Pod count was off by 1, meaning I had 10 instead of 11. 

-The Rout...they are here mostly for morale purposes. Last time I fielded them, they got smashed to pieces. Every game before that they've been pretty well savaged. The small squads practically gives away VP to the enemy, but I need to field them and "get my groove back". So I figure the heavy tanks will aid the dropping RG, who can then help the Rout. Synergy and all that crap.

-Now I just need to make sure I have enough pods! EDIT: I didnt have enough pods. I was off by 1. So I dropped the crazy expensive plasma squad, and also dropped the Veteran Squad, and used the points to increase both Terminator squads to 10 strong and both their Land Raiders to Spartans...then gave them both Flare shields to add to their annoyingness. 

My opponent should be showing up around 9-9:30 pm, so I wouldnt expect any battle report for a day or 3. 
(He works nights and my office is closed tomorrow)

All for now,
WLK
Edited by Wolf Lord Kieran

Do you want to what bugs me?

Forhe world has cataphractii terminator pads with hazard stripes on the pad. No extra effort needed, just follow the prompts.

They don't have anything similar for power armor.

Pop Goes the Weasel does, for mk2/4. I hate to order from them, because I expect the Gw juggernaut to roll over them any day now, but if I wanna do this easy I don't know of another route

WLK

Do you have to do hazard stripes.

I recommend looking at Apologists thread officio monstrosa.

I do not recall seing too many hazars stripes on his Iron Warriors.

Sorry to hear RR had to cancel on ya.

Forhe world has cataphractii terminator pads with hazard stripes on the pad. No extra effort needed, just follow the prompts.

Pop Goes the Weasel does, for mk2/4. I hate to order from them, because I expect the Gw juggernaut to roll over them any day now, but if I wanna do this easy I don't know of another route

WLK

I'm pretty sure you can get some great hazard stripe pads for every armor mark on shapeways, if your worried about Pop goes the Weasel going under. 

Do you have to do hazard stripes.

I recommend looking at Apologists thread officio monstrosa.

I do not recall seing too many hazars stripes on his Iron Warriors.

Sorry to hear RR had to cancel on ya.

Thank you very much for recommending such a painter to follow. My self loathing needed fresh material.

But I am probably going to steal several idea, so for real, thank you.

WLK

I'm pretty sure you can get some great hazard stripe pads for every armor mark on shapeways, if your worried about Pop goes the Weasel going under. 

Yea, PGtW is a Shapeway store I use alot. I keep expecting GW to crush them, so may have to get an order through shortly.

The IW Brass Etch also has a Hazard Stripe Stencil.

I wasnt aware of that... I'm still new to this traitor thing. Thank you.

I was building a list around the Iron Fire RoW, but the more I look at it the more limiting it gets. For most of the benefits, the IW have to be within 6in of an enemy. I dont want the enemy that close.

Im looking at the Hammer of Olympia RoW. I gain another HS slot, which helps, cannot take as many FA as HS slots, which I rarely look into anyways, and get an incredible bonus on rapid fire weapons. 

WLK

hahaha, i actually do it backwards then...painted the area black then multiple layers of averland yellow to get to where i want it to be.

its certainly doable, especially if your hands are as steady as his. Mine arent as steady,but with patience and time I think I can match it

• 2 weeks later...

My HH group is saying I'm never satitsfied...which may be true...

But I've determined that it is likely the angle of the pic and the paint job.

I'm happy to read I'm not the only one thinking that

I really would have liked it if they had added in his Fenrisian wolves on the base, but otherwise it looks pretty good.

The word is the wolves will appear, but sold separately to keep the price in the range of the other primarchs

Now, anybody attending the event will to pick me up Russ?

My HH group is saying I'm never satitsfied...which may be true...

But I've determined that it is likely the angle of the pic and the paint job.

I'm happy to read I'm not the only one thinking that

I really would have liked it if they had added in his Fenrisian wolves on the base, but otherwise it looks pretty good.

The word is the wolves will appear, but sold separately to keep the price in the range of the other primarchs

Now, anybody attending the event will to pick me up Russ?

I feel like it has to be the paint job. I keep going back and looking at the resin previews and looks sooo much better