WarriorFish's AdMech and Knight House Blog

WarriorFish

Thanks Jeff :) My bases are all the same across tied armies so I can't do anything too different with them, but I like the simpler look - I'm trying out other things with other armies :tu:

I'm already thinking "maybe just a couple of things I could do..." :P I'll need to be careful not to burn out on her, but I'm thinking that I won't get her on the table until October in all likelihood - so chance for some extra work before then perhaps? :lol:

I'm still like that with the Queen. I want to add lightning arks around the crushed Necron on her base, a la the first Terminator movie. I also want to touch up some paint but I'm just scared to mess with her at this point. 

I had that problem with my IK conversion.  Ms. Vel'Cona actually had to step up and tell me "enough is enough!" when I kept going back for little details.  I think in the end that helped the overall model to look better, as this kept it from achieving the "too much of a good thing" level.  :biggrin.:

• 1 month later...

I'm back again with updates on my Knight :smile.: I was going to do the remaining highlighting but after again being unsure of the colour I decided to do the transfers instead. As a committed DIYer they're not something I get the chance to do certainly never this big so I was jumping into the deep end a bit especially with the shin eagles as they need to go in right next to and inside the trim!

Fortunately the Omnissiah knows to look after his own and it all went very smoothly :biggrin.:

gallery_30308_12009_34493.jpg

I got the transfers under the scrolls neatly somehow, but the small allied markings on the knee were more familiar in scope (though not much room for positioning). There's a half for the Inquisition, Sisterhood and Guard :)

gallery_30308_12009_185606.jpg

Last but not least a fleur de lis transfer and some scribble script on the scrolls :smile.:

gallery_30308_12009_23110.jpg

A very productive day indeed, all that remains for her as she stands is the grey (or is it blue?) highlight and the freehand heraldic symbol on the shield. Methinks I'll leave the latter for last :sweat: Looks like I'll need to get a bit more serious in looking for the Warden upgrade sprue too :smile.:

Got her first game in today, I've documented it in my WIP. Guard make for a good force to run a Knight in, and certainly enjoy the tough and dangerous close combatant aid! It has been a long road but finally getting my Knight on the table was great. Paladin build was strong but I still lean towards the Errant as a better choice, at least for my armies so I'll need to finish those two bits so I can get my thermal cannon slagging things...

There's four for starters and they're not hanging from the body :P She did well in her first game and I rolled a fair few 6s for the D hits which was cool. Just realised I need to do a bit more, the chest carapace needs the name done and the scroll on the chainsword needs something too. Not sure what though, can you name a weapon? :P

• 3 months later...

Looks awesome!  I really love how the chains worked out on the final model.  You really took painstaking care on those little details and it shines in the final production.  Hoping your freehand goes better than mine! 

Thanks guys :) I should have finished the bits sooner, after the excitement of all the finishing touches previously this was really boring :P A lesson for next time; don't put things off too long!

In theory the free hand shouldn't be too complicated, I think I'll get a new decent brush for that to make sure I give it the best shot :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived