Horus Heresy Weekender 2015 news: Book V Tempest

Atia

Not sure about that Stormbird.

It was described as part of the older earth tech, they said that it was made by one of the earth tribes in the novels and had a distinct design and when the heresy broke it was in the process of being replaced by the thunder hawk.

That is pretty much a regular marine stc design which I really think is a bit of a shame.

But me wants my Dark Angels :(

There was a bit of fun today when somebody asked why they didn't release all the Legion shoulder pads up front, to which the designers are doing then in gaps of the schedule. Turns out he specially wanted the Dark Angel ones, and Tony, Alan and Mark jumped on it. A couple of polls of the audience later it turns out we'd rather have a Warlord Titan, the third Contemptor variant, and a number of ither items including a book on High Elf embroidery before the Dark Angel shoulder pads.

I'd like to think they'd have noticed a typo when it's in big bold letters in the only writing on a slide ;)

You mean like misspelling "daemon" on the Samus slide? :D

Haha wow. Well, I've been wrong before ;)

There was a bit of fun today when somebody asked why they didn't release all the Legion shoulder pads up front, to which the designers are doing then in gaps of the schedule. Turns out he specially wanted the Dark Angel ones, and Tony, Alan and Mark jumped on it. A couple of polls of the audience later it turns out we'd rather have a Warlord Titan, the third Contemptor variant, and a number of ither items including a book on High Elf embroidery before the Dark Angel shoulder pads.

This made me laugh. Alot. Specifically the preference for the embroidery

Odd the direction they went with the storm bird. I was really hoping that they would go with the old rt design... On the flip side, now we have a space marine style AC 130!

Also really don't like the direction they went with the solar Auxilia command section. I liked the retro space age military look of the basic troops, and was hoping they would keep that feel. Guess they means I just have to do some converting then :P

-The Boater

Not sure about that Stormbird.

It was described as part of the older earth tech, they said that it was made by one of the earth tribes in the novels and had a distinct design and when the heresy broke it was in the process of being replaced by the thunder hawk.

That is pretty much a regular marine stc design which I really think is a bit of a shame.

Then again, FW's version is only one pattern of at least 4 - Stormbird now seems to be more of a class of flyer, considering how widely their transport capacities can range between the versions

Well if we don't show up to Terra on time, you now know why.

I like it better with the wings, actually. I'm guessing it's a conversion and we aren't gonna get 18 different Deredos too.

At first I thought it was s conversion, but there's lots of fine spikes on the chassis and legs. If it is a conversion, it's a really good one because that's really firework to do by hand and look uniform

Some awesome stuff, but disappointed than the Stormbird looks like a Thunderhawk on steroids.

I like the Stormbird but I am also disappointed.  I thought the descriptions in the novels made it streamlined and elegant compared to the Thunderhawk.

Every new picture has me drooling, and my wallet cowering. tongue.png

That said, the Stormbird is not how I pictured it. I'd always imagined an Avro Vulkan looking thing, but more angular and chunky.

And that Xiphon......

Well at least I know that works before trying it myself. If my deredeo actually arrives.

edit: in fact that's really :cuss:ed me off, coz now I'm going to have to try something different. It's almost rubbing it in my face. What's even worse is how people got Sevatar early (nothing against these people of course my gripe is FW) and he was released after!

Now to get mentally creative

Archived