Horus Heresy Weekender 2015 news: Book V Tempest

Atia

How would that artwork's roundish design integrate with the rest of the Astartes range? This new design looks great, and it makes sense for the vehicles to follow a similar template. Plus, it looks like a big Fire Raptor. Make sense

There has never been an official Storm Bird picture until today.

True, and if it's the only thing they do badly this Weekender they are doing pretty well.

To me just using THawk bits and bolting stuff on is lazy and not like the FW team at all (although there are a lot of LS and LR bits on the actual THawk ;) ), and it really seems to go against the more recent written fluff (I can't remember which HH book had a character describe Stormbirds as quite aerodynamic compared to the THawk; this seems more of a brick by every standard of bricks).

LOVING the Mechanicus stuff, really creative in comparison :tu:

:D

BS

I actually like the Stormbird model a lot.  It's just in my mind's eye (based on what I remember from the novels) that Stormbirds were much sleaker and works of art in their own right.  I just popped open my Fulgrim book to see if I could find a description of Firebird but it doesn't give much detail.  I guess my imagination just got carried away whenever they mentioned them in different novels.  At any rate, depending on the price I'll probably by one because it does look amazing.

How would that artwork's roundish design integrate with the rest of the Astartes range? This new design looks great, and it makes sense for the vehicles to follow a similar template. Plus, it looks like a big Fire Raptor. Make sense

I don't think it would suppose to. Its fluff suggests it was designed and manufactured before Astartes ever existed. The art always screamed Storm Bird to me because of the nose gun, and the collapsible wings -- something mentioned in Horus Rising -- that the FW model looks to lack. Also the size. Looks to me around roughly the same size as a Thunderhawk when it's described in the books to be much larger. I know, I know, it's a variant (sokar) we've never heard of before but still, if you're gonna get wet...

Also, the Deredeo just came out with its departure from familiar Astartes design with its conical torso, something actually shared with the art of that ship.

Also, that Storm Bird picture is unlike the others; its in the design studio with a lot of bits and pieces here and there to suggest that it was still being heavily worked on and probably not even finalized yet - but close to.

Slightly closer pics of Dynat huh... Wow yeah, that sculpt is just awesome. It looks to be straight off his character art, even down to some of the gorget detail. It's also really promising! If a previously unknown FW character like Dynat is getting a sick model, who else are we going to see in the character series? Exciting :)

http://s8.postimg.org/3wgmbe3f9/med_gallery_79873_10428_390289.jpg

Yes! Love this guy.

Also, that Plasma weaponry on the Deredeo looks pretty awesome. Wish there was a Volkite option of some sort though.

I know it's only little but I found this photo of the back of Dynat and his power sword and general pose is sweeeeet.

http://i.imgur.com/FpRPMoj.jpg

Anyway, back to the exciting stuff!

Man Dynat is just PERFECT. Only problem is I was going to base my dudes on Tech/Flight Deck type mesh & diamond plate but now it looks like Urban Rubble is the order of the day. Oh well. What does the Primarch ask of us?

Also: Geez, Ordinatus AND a Stormbird? Good to see Forgeworld going all-in on thousand-dollar models... (I kid, I kid. Though here's hoping that Stormbird can at least transport my sorry butt because I'll be homeless after my wife finds out how much I spent on a resin airplane)

med_gallery_79873_10428_116518.jpg

Can't help the feeling that Dynat would make an awesome Alpha Legion conversion with the scales and that sweet, sweet sword.

Well, he IS Alpha Legion after all... tongue.png

Ha! Shows what I know teehee.gif

The plethora of Hydra Icons didnt give it away :p?

I really hope you're right about that. They've not given any other Legion more than a single non primarch character model each (excluding two for one deals like loken/Abbadon, Kor phaeron and Erebus). I mean I don't think they would perform the Heresy of not giving us a model, but I just hope we don't have to wait until the Siege of Terra for it...

Want

Everything?

I would love the Primarch release to be Purterabo, seeing as all the other Lgions have had stuff on show.

I'm just sitting here, tear ducts ready for the cry that will be Sigismund's model reveal.

It will be Dorn and siggy they keep mentioning how big dorns chainsword is....

Or Guilliman please be Guilliman

Doubt you will get Guilliman till after the next book and at least 2 of the 3 remaining from Extermination are released.

Archived