Thanks comrades, always good to get a game in but as great as it is to play this topic needs some more painting... I'll try and rectify that before next year!

The movement accuracy penalty on Sentinels is still a bit annoying (same with Dreads) so I won't be getting the same good use from them as I used to, but at least they can perform some good board control which probably mostly won me the game along with some of my opponent's mistakes. My opponent's strategy depended on getting in close turn 1 where all the advantages would be his, but goes to show that you always need a Plan B - even more so if you keep using the same Plan A :wink:

I got some good use from Orders, and some of the stratagems are very nice. The Cadian ones are quite spiffy especially the overlapping fields one if you need to take down a big critter. Since I had CPs galore I even tried a preliminary bombardment (1 wound to the TLLC Dread) :laugh.: My psykers were an attempt to partake in the extra phase also, along with potential denying but they didn't really come to much. Not that I expected to compete, but having some of that pie isn't a bad thing.

I was going to comment on the lack of action pictures, then it occurred to me with such a brutal game being over so quickly there wouldn't be much opportunity! Congrats on the win, a shame you forgot some models but I find I always forget something :P

Exciting to hear about your future painting plans I look forward to seeing some Bullgryns in particular :)

Everyone forgot something (the Doomglaive was another stand in :laugh.:), so maybe less haste more speed... Action pictures would have mostly been my opponent removing models I think, as it would have been madness to move closer (Sentinels aside). Trouble I have is that my meta is bit heavy on CC, and both my Marines and Guard simply can't compete there so there's no good reason to try and against such furious turn 1 assaults options are rather limited. I'm still getting to know the two codices though so I'll see what else I can do, plus there's my Chaos who are very much up for a knife fight :tongue.:

Though they've been (very) long in the planning my Bullgryns and Stormies will help here. The Bullgryns should be able to batter most things on the charge and the Stormies will give my Guard some vital mobility (albeit one off, mostly) :smile.:

Though they've been (very) long in the planning my Bullgryns and Stormies will help here. The Bullgryns should be able to batter most things on the charge and the Stormies will give my Guard some vital mobility (albeit one off, mostly) :smile.:

As soon as I had Imperium Index II in hand I realized Bullgryns were going next level for 8th.  Ordered 3 boxes right away  :D  A good side-effect of this is I also have a couple extra Ogryns on sprue that'll become Bodyguards, which are a HUGE benefit for key characters going forward.  I'm very much eager to see how yours pan out, WF!

I want to get a second box of bullgryns, but I already feel bad for fielding the one unit of 3 I already have... :laugh.:

Eh, IG have sucked in melee since time immemorial.  It's about time we can throw something back at the ravening hordes of the enemy!  :)

I've had a couple of boxes for... uh, probably years now :confused: I knew they weren't amazing, although Bullgryns have always been better than Ogryns - just as well I prefer the models! Since they've got better still and you can finally mix and match (too late for the Sergeant Major :sad.: ) I have no excuses.

On the positive side, at least I have their colour scheme sorted. So my Stormies may be some time off if previous colour scheme decisions are anything to go by :laugh.:

One is Nork, and the Sergeant Major is done so I've four left. Two are partially assembled so I'll probably do them in two runs. Might try to magnetise them, the shields will be easy (although I can only see myself using slabshields) but the contact area on the arm to torso on the weapon arm might be a recipe for paint damage.

On the positive side, at least I have their colour scheme sorted. So my Stormies may be some time off if previous colour scheme decisions are anything to go by :lol:

No need to rush. I’ve put off a finalized tank color scheme for over twenty years. It may never come to fruition. Just go with the flow, if ever it happens.

• 3 months later...

It's quite surprising how much an improvement is made to the front armour plates, just by trimming off the track details. It really works a treat :smile.:

Agreed - plus, I could never work out why their armour was designed to have tank tracks rather than armour plates anyway.

I'm totally stealing this for my Bullgryns... >.>;

It was the second thing I thought when I saw the Bullgryn models for the first time (first was of course "want!"), and makes them much better I feel :smile.: They're great models so shouldn't suffer from GW's occasional carrying of the idiot ball :tongue.:

I hope to see lots of Bullgryns in WIPs soon :wink:

Good progress on the Bullgryns this week, there's a fair bit of black to do yet but once it's done they're about there :smile.:

gallery_30308_10604_14998.jpg

The Sergeant Major turned out to be glued with old stuff or something, as he came apart without much effort. This means he's about ready for some magnetising - couldn't leave him out :wink:

gallery_30308_10604_12730.jpg

I'll do him with the remaining Bullgryn :thumbsup: