++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

I have run 4 rhinos in a couple of lists before.  One for the possessed and 3 for CSMs with bolter/bolt pistol/chainsword.  I move them as far as possible and then flat out.  Who cares if the rhinos die?  Another easy blood point for me.  Then I can get out, double tap, and setup for the +1 attack on blood tithe table and get FNP out of it.  

bodacious2182 my plan.is to go.similar im.not sure weather wether to go for 3 squads or 4 and then a squad of possessed. May include some bezerkers too

ACC, please check your PMs.

So, I had the game with that list I posted... Yeah, the Terminators didn't work so well thanks to deep strike mishaps meaning they showed up turn four in an empty corner. I think they're a unit for bigger games, and they'll be replaced by a bike lord, two Maulerfiends and a lord with the Axe of Kor'lath, because that weapon greatly amuses me.

Dragonlover

EDIT: Also, I need to remember that Flesh Hounds have Scout...

I got a rule question that happend in my game eysterday. Here goes:

If I build an army based on a blood host detachment (page 69) then I get the special rule Blood frenzy. But as I also build it as a slaughtercult (page 103), do I also get the special rule Boon of Khorne? So I can get both  special rules at the same time. Or do I need two slaughtercult to get that?

We played it as I only got the first special rule (blood frenzy) for building a blood host but in the middle of the game another member of our club said that I should have both. What is correct?

Please help if you can. 

Finished a couple of juggerspawn:

http://i.imgur.com/TKHaaCPh.jpg

It's nice to finally have some color on my minis!

How did you paint these? Its not the Wrath colour scheme, but I'll be damned if I don't nick this!

So, played two games today against the Dark Angels, and got smacked around the board. Got some ideas for where to go from here though, so it wasn't all bad. I also need to bear in mind I'm still learning the book and how to use it.

Dragonlover

The weak point was the CAD with a Kor'lath lord, two units of Cultists and an Aegis Line. I'm cutting it in favour of moving the Cultists over to the Slaughtercult and getting more Flesh Hounds and Bikers into my Gorepack.

The list was something like this:

Slaughtercult: Fisticlaw bike lord in Bloodforged armour, 2x 10 CSM in Rhino with plasma, melta and lightning claw on champ, minimum Possessed.

Gorepack: 10 Hounds, 4 man bike unit and a 5 man bike unit with 2 meltas and a LC on the champ.

2x Maulerfiend

The aforementioned CAD.

The Maulerfiends were pretty awesome, except for when both of them got immobilised and I wished that they were Soul Grinders. I tell you, if it weren't for that 12" move...

I've gotta learn how to effectively Scout with the Flesh Hounds, I keep just running them forwards when a more oblique approach would have been a better call.

Dragonlover

Thanks guys! Looking good, BetterOffShred!

How did you paint these? Its not the Wrath colour scheme, but I'll be damned if I don't nick this!

Black Primer > Balthasar Gold basecoat > Agrax Earthshade wash > mix of Screaming Bell/Balthasar Gold > Boltgun metal highlights and for the silver areas, followed by a wash with nuln oil and (I think, but forget) light highlight with Chainmail. Blood for the blood god technical paint in the runs on top of mephiston red and some bloodletter glaze. Glaze wasn't necessary. Thinned down vallejo flat yellow for the eyes and sockets, in layers.

It's been awhile since I last posted here, but I finally got around to fluffing out the daemons that are the kin to my World Eaters Warband. They're not exactly in line with the Khorne Daemonkin lore, but I like to think of them more like guidelines than actual rules. :p

In fact, I was very intentionally trying to create a brand new class of Khorne daemon breed. Khornate, but different and unique from the traditional Bloodletters, Flesh Hounds, so forth.

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback you lot might have on the Antecruorian.

I'd say they would work well in synergy with a large group of Daemons (a Charnel Cohort maybe attached to a CAD?) with the Banner of Blood. Deep Strike near the Banner as they are Daemons of Khorne now, cause blind on an enemy unit, then proceed to cause havoc. The lack of assault grenades could be counterbalanced by a Skull Cannon, although that is costing a lot of points at this stage. 

You'd have to use a lightning fast army with lots of Maulers, Hounds, Bloodthirsters and Juggerlords to put so much pressure on the opponent that the WT's don't die straight off. 

So I'm wondering if Warp Talons end up working out ok with the Daemonkin book?  I've built 5 and I don't feel too bad about it immediately.. I might build another 5 if they are decent.  Any thoughts?

-Brett

They can be very fun and also effective if they survive long enough to attack. If bikers/hounds can blow up or tie up some shooty threats and allow the Warp Talons to charge, I can see them being pretty savage.

I was thinking that If a group of them DS'd in front of me as an opponent, I would bring weapons to bear from wherever I could to ensure that these boys didn't get a charge off on me.  Being they are jump infantry you could pull some shenanigans leaping tall buildings in single bound etc to get off a charge, but as mentioned by Mayhem you're really counting on a target that isn't in cover, or one that has been blasted by a Skull canon.  I have a Skull canon and would love an excuse to use it.. and an excuse to use the talons too..  Maybe that's what I'm really asking for here.. an excuse to field units that look fun despite having obvious drawbacks.. oh well.

I'm sure they get nasty with the rippin' and the tearin' if they make it to combat. 

-Brett

Archived