++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/at/at2/2015/7/5/23582fb2d0b8a3d02298a52432d18a07_9675.jpg

Now, if FW would only just post these rules and the rules for the Knight already!!

Is this basically a Lord of Skulls on legs?

Somewhat. It's got a totally different ranged weapon loadout, can't upgrade its ranged weapons, doesn't have daemonic possession, and doesn't have a rule where it gets an extra attack for every hull point it loses. It also has Crusader, which the Lord of Skulls is lacking. 

I think I'm going to start with a Chaos Knight, then move on to the Kytan. I think as others have said, the Knight is less points, but it adds a little more versatility to KDK in general. Also, a knight would be more useful in my Iron Warriors too, so double the use.

Started to put together plans for the Chaos Knight, and rumaged my bits box to convert. Which is the better one/ most versatile one, the Paladin, or the Errant? 

Its why i like the.lord of skulls so much but i need to buuld up my daemonkin first before i think.about getting super heavies lol. Also i must say i achieved something really amusing yesterday killing calgar with a terminator champ with power maul and winning at the relic with daemonkin lol. I think i actually.only lost 1 rhino a squad of cultists 4 bikes and like 6 marines.

@Brothermayhem.id personally be tempted by the rapid fire battle cannon one as we dont have alot of guns with a longer range than 24"

I choose to go with two melta-guns and melta-bomb on champion in a rhino with my 10-man strong squad. That should make them good in an anti-tank duty that my daemonkin needs.

I tend to favour flamer, ccw and boltgun for my Chaos Marines, as I can usually get anti tank from a small terminator squad, or from my Possessed and if push comes to shove, Marines can use krak grenades in melee to toast most vehicles

Any chance you guys can cast your eyes over a list? Just bear in mind it's been made with what I have access to, so there's a bit of flexibility but I don't have any more Flesh Hounds.

CAD:

Terminator Lord with Twin Lightning Claws and Meltabombs - 143

8x Cultists, 1 Shotgun - 58

8x Cultists, 1 Shotgun - 58

7x Terminators, 7x Twin Lightning Claws - 289

Autocannon Aegis Line - 100

Blood Host

Slaughtercult:

Terminator Lord with Chainfist - 142

10 CSM, 9 CCW, Lightning Claw, Meltabombs - 200

10 CSM, 9 CCW, Lightning Claw, Meltabombs - 200

2x Rhino - 70

5 Possessed - 150

9 Bloodletters, 1 Bloodreaper - 105

Gorepack:

5x Biker, 2x Melta, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs - 160

5x Biker, 2x Melta, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs - 160

10x Flesh Hounds - 160

Total 1998

I figure keep the Deep Strike stuff in Reserve to drop it in on the enemies heads, the Cultists sit on the Aegis Line and everything else charges up the board and punches things.

Dragonlover

How many rhinos are people running in their lists?

So far, zero. If I ever run the Slaughtercult I'll have 2 rhinos for the possessed, but otherwise I'd rather spam small units of spawn than take rhinos for my cultists.

I right now go with two rhinos. One for my possessed with my lord in it and the second for my chaos space marines (with 2 melta-guns). I like the speed and extra protecting even if it´s not the best assault vechile. Strange actually that chaos that very much like close combat have not after 10000 years made a good assault vecihle for there troops? 

Archived