book 5 tempest announced!

sedobren

it just doesn't seem bulky enough for me I think it should have a more slab like aperance. If you have seen the cover art for the hardback book titanicus that is more so what I envision a battle titan after all a warlord is not a light or scout class titan it's a main battle engine or "Ship of the Line" size titan it should not look lithe and nimble it should be a big boxy beast covered in ablative like slabs of metal and crenalated gun platforms and the like more akin to a walking fortification then a skinny knightesque wimp mobile with all its ball joints and servos out in the open waiting for the voids to fail it also needs room inside for real bridge and stuff in all the fluff once you get bigger then a reaver they have actual bridges and ammo storage inside that thing looks like a soccer player showing up to play for the Detroit Lions defensive line

it just doesn't seem bulky enough for me I think it should have a more slab like aperance. If you have seen the cover art for the hardback book titanicus that is more so what I envision a battle titan after all a warlord is not a light or scout class titan it's a main battle engine or "Ship of the Line" size titan it should not look lithe and nimble it should be a big boxy beast covered in ablative like slabs of metal and crenalated gun platforms and the like more akin to a walking fortification then a skinny knightesque wimp mobile with all its ball joints and servos out in the open waiting for the voids to fail it also needs room inside for real bridge and stuff in all the fluff once you get bigger then a reaver they have actual bridges and ammo storage inside that thing looks like a soccer player showing up to play for the Detroit Lions defensive line

Idk, soccer players are pretty vicious. They bite each other's ears off, fake injuries, and their fans draw blood :P

I think that this one is one of the lighter weight warlord Titans, more shooty then tanky.

I believe the picture you are referring to, Kriegriss, had Lucius-pattern titans on it. Those were much like the now discontinued Lucius-pattern Warhound - blocky and looked like it was built like a brick censored.gifhouse. Reminiscent, imho, of modern battle-tanks like the M1 Abrams, and the Challenger II. The new titan is of a different pattern (Mars) and as such fits a certain aesthetic.

I have a feeling that this one is that pattern that starts with a D...can't quite remember the name. While I love the boxy Lucius pattern, this one is quite pleasing as well.

you mean Deathbringer? 

via ForgeWorld, HH: Extermination:

In terms of the heaviest Titan units, it is not believed the Legio Fureans possessed any Imperator-class Titans or their analogues, although it did utilise at least five adapted "Deathbringer" Warlords, which served as the Legio 's heaviest assault units.

I have a feeling that this one is that pattern that starts with a D...can't quite remember the name. While I love the boxy Lucius pattern, this one is quite pleasing as well.

you mean Deathbringer? 

In terms of the heaviest Titan units, it is not believed the Legio Fureans possessed any Imperator-class Titans or their analogues, although it did utilise at least five adapted "Deathbringer" Warlords, which served as the Legio 's heaviest assault units.

Actually I found it, it is the Night Gaunt pattern. At least that's what I think it will be named. That pattern has been popping up in the books lately to my knowledge.

It would be sad to see it called Nemesis as I feel that sounds way too grey knight-y.

you mean Deathbringer? 

Actually I found it, it is the Night Gaunt pattern. At least that's what I think it will be named. That pattern has been popping up in the books lately to my knowledge.

It would be sad to see it called Nemesis as I feel that sounds way too grey knight-y.

Night Gaunt and Nemesis (and Eclipse) are a type of Warlord Titan in the same way that the Deathbringer is. Pattern is more for the name of the Forgeworld the manufactured it - Mars, Lucius, Metalicus, etc

I think we need to be careful in assuming that the image is representative of the finished Warlord model. Looking at the picture, plating on the groin and sides of the torso seem to be identical to those found on FW's Cerastus knights - the head may even be a photoshopped Knight helm.

I think that the image has been assembled from a work in progress Warlord, utilizing photoshop to create an impression of what the finished product will look like - similar to how we've had mock-ups of the Stormhammer & Archmagos on Abeyant in HH books before the models were actually finished.

I'm sorry but that's actually really disappointing if it's really what we're getting for a Warlord Titan. (Plus, didn't realise they don't do the Lucius Warhound any more, that really makes me sad). You can go on about 'Mars Pattern' this and 'throwback to this model' that, but that doesn't stop that picture just being a bigger Knight. Imperius Dictatio is the definitive Warlord Titan, that thing just doesn't measure up.

I'm sorry but that's actually really disappointing if it's really what we're getting for a Warlord Titan. (Plus, didn't realise they don't do the Lucius Warhound any more, that really makes me sad). You can go on about 'Mars Pattern' this and 'throwback to this model' that, but that doesn't stop that picture just being a bigger Knight. Imperius Dictatio is the definitive Warlord Titan, that thing just doesn't measure up.

To be fair, the old Mars-pattern titans were pretty similar to the old knight paladins, only bigger, so it makes sense that the two would look similar.

To be fair, the old Mars-pattern titans were pretty similar to the old knight paladins, only bigger, so it makes sense that the two would look similar.

Then quite frankly, they should've left the 'Mars pattern' Warlord a relic of the 80s. For at least 20-odd years now (as long as I've been in the hobby) the Imperius Dictatio Warlord has been the Warlord, the go-to look for Imperial Titans and a true icon of the setting. To deliver what could just be a photoshopped and enlarged Knight instead of one of the most iconic 'Imperial' images in the entire setting cannot really be anything other than a disappointment to me.

I think considering that the Warlord is probably aimed more towards 30k gamers, considering the scale of the battles of the Heresy, the Mars pattern makes more sense - whilst the blocky, gothic aesthetic of the Lucius is an archetype of the backwards, technologically stagnant 40k Imperium, the looks of the Mars pattern suit the design of much of the Heresy-era models much better.

Plus considering the Reaver is Mars pattern, having the 3 Titan classes in different patterns would have far less cohesion.

I think considering that the Warlord is probably aimed more towards 30k gamers, considering the scale of the battles of the Heresy, the Mars pattern makes more sense - whilst the blocky, gothic aesthetic of the Lucius is an archetype of the backwards, technologically stagnant 40k Imperium, the looks of the Mars pattern suit the design of much of the Heresy-era models much better.

Plus considering the Reaver is Mars pattern, having the 3 Titan classes in different patterns would have far less cohesion.

Lol, when have the AdMech ever been about cohesion? :P

Well, I was wrong:

http://i.imgur.com/9BusLBF.jpg

If this costs less than £1,000, I'll be surprised

I was gonna post my composite over here before bed last night, but I forgot and went to sleep.

As for the price? Doesn't really matter because I can't even afford a War Hound.

Well, I was wrong:

I was gonna post my composite over here before bed last night, but I forgot and went to sleep.

As for the price? Doesn't really matter because I can't even afford a War Hound.

What do you mean 'Can't afford'? You have 2 Lungs, 2 Kidneys, yet to have a first born (afaik), and havent signed onto this not-sketchy-at-all cult Support group form!

Tempest at last! One step closer to seeing FW's take on the Shadow Crusade (I think that will be book VI?).

With regards to the Warlord Titan... The aesthetics fit the 30K era - Mankind in a second golden age of sorts, brought on by the Emperor's Great Crusade. I've said elsewhere that the 30K era is the Imperium (and Mankind) at its zenith in power. The Imperium of the 40K era is an old man by comparison, worn down by a hundred centuries of unending war both internal and external. It makes sense that the Warlords of the 30K era look more polished. 

The 40K era Warlords - the "boxy" design that so many of us know and love - could be the result of 10,000 years of technological stagnation/regression. All those shiny, curvy plates eventually got replaced by sheets of ablative armor plating, crude but effective. 

Well, I was wrong:

What do you mean 'Can't afford'? You have 2 Lungs, 2 Kidneys, yet to have a first born (afaik), and havent singed onto this not-sketchy-at-all cult Support group form!

How many souls do you think you're worth...Jack Sparrow?

Archived