book 5 tempest announced!

sedobren

Well I mean they can't be amazing against everything, otherwise it wouldn't be fair lol. Also gotta think that the rules are based around the idea of having armies surrounding them too, so the player with the warlord would be able to shoot down the air power

Yeah, a lot of the questions of fairness go out the window when speaking of Apocalypse-level units.  Warhounds, and perhaps Reavers, can stretch the gap as Lords of War in lower point battles.  The Warlord is somewhat limited to Apocalypse-only just by its point value - though, I can think of a few themed missions of enemy forces struggling to bring down a lone Titan that's been cut off from its battle group.

In Apocalypse, you're generally bringing enough SD weapons/flyers/formations/etc. that it's not a huge issue.  In most of the battle reports I've read back in 4th, the Warlords were always the first things to die simply by being the largest fire magnets imaginable.

I'm actually more excited about the release of the Ultramarines Legiones rules than the Titans :D The Ultra's LA ruleset is the last I'm waiting for to determine which Legion I should represent :p

Any leaks or rumours so far as to what the rules/special units will be ? I'm expecting some Codex Astartes feel to the units and the Rite of War.

I'm actually more excited about the release of the Ultramarines Legiones rules than the Titans :D The Ultra's LA ruleset is the last I'm waiting for to determine which Legion I should represent :p

Any leaks or rumours so far as to what the rules/special units will be ? I'm expecting some Codex Astartes feel to the units and the Rite of War.

I'm already committed to SoH, but am hoping I'll be able to use my 40k Ultras to represent the 30k legion. I already own a lot of FW kits that I use for my Ultras.

I also want to field the Primarch in 40k games - a campaign where he once again leads the Imperium after miraculously healing whilst in stasis.

uhmm do you think they'll get AA weapons? if not i think 2 titans alone would be very vulnerable to fire raptors and Lightnings (also they will be able to reach the titan back easily), i mean at 2500 points you can play like 12 of them!

i guess a thing like 2 heavy weapons Volkite culverins heavy support team could take down their shields

It's called a vulkan mega bolter.

As for me, I can't wait to hit one with my Cerberus wub.png You should have seen my opponent's face when I neutered his dual laser blaster & turbo laser Reaver with it biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Because not everyone has an irrational hatred of the Ultramarines.  I enjoy their roman based aesthetic and the fact of all the loyalist legions, they are the professional soldiers.  Granted you comment is joking, but let the Ward dex die already. Insulting what other people are looking forward to is hardly a class act.

When did the details on the Suezarians come out? I remember the photos from the last FW event had the Ultras having an elite Honor guard as well as an Invictarius Centutrion (which might be a new consul type).

I probably won't leave them, I spent a ton on making an Imperial Fist command squad. It's just I can paint blue so much easier than yellow, so I may have a casual try at them and if I like the outcome of my trial model I may do more of them, especially if we get simpler HH models from GW.

This is the model I got.

http://www.myninjaplease.com/robotninja/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ultramarines-captain.jpg

Shame Wot why would any one leave Dorn and all his zealed up templary goodness for a bunch of smurfs and Rowboat Girlyman

These kinds of posts have started to bore me.

I probably won't leave them, I spent a ton on making an Imperial Fist command squad. It's just I can paint blue so much easier than yellow, so I may have a casual try at them and if I like the outcome of my trial model I may do more of them, especially if we get simpler HH models from GW.

This is the model I got.

http://www.myninjaplease.com/robotninja/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ultramarines-captain.jpg

I like that old model. If I was you I'd focus on the Ultramarines. I have a feeling Forgeworld will show them a lot of love in the coming months.

I definitely like 30K Ultramarines better than I like 40K Ultramarines, ever since listening to Honour to the Dead.  The Imperium of 30K and its component factions and characters are supposed to be the paragons of their themes.  40K takes those best aspects of 30K and intensifies them to the point of neurosis.  Focused becomes obsessive, noble becomes hypocritical, charismatic becomes tyrannical...

"Know No Fear" is the only reason I have any form of respect for the ultramarines. Every other book I have read makes me hate their ridiculous arrogance, but then again ADB does make you really like the traitor legions lol. Hopefully this next book will make me like them a little more.

"There are only two assurances in life: death and taxes. So I said to myself, why not death by taxes?"

- Roboute Guilliman

:P

I do like the 30k Ultras way better as they feel more Romanesque in nature and are relies on as "The professional soldiers". They are essentially the mirror of what the IWs were - reliable, and counted on to get the job done where other legions might inflict unwanted collateral damage or fluctuating campaign lengths.

I can't wait for the new book and the grand re-opening. I really am hoping that the Primarch will be released in May alongside the book.

I need something to re-invigorate my focus on the Ultras, and adding some wonderful Forgeworld models sounds like a natural progression....

When ultramarines get released I think they will get the imperial fists treatment. They're roman theme seems to be coming into heresy judging from the pictures. I too enjoy the ultras of 30k, I hate the ultra of 40k. The ultras of 40k are a bit boring. The only I liked were probably Cassius and old marnues. On the other hand just from reading his lexicanum page I LOVE thiel. He's like a non crazy version of Winston Churchill.

I can't wait for the new book and the grand re-opening. I really am hoping that the Primarch will be released in May alongside the book.

I need something to re-invigorate my focus on the Ultras, and adding some wonderful Forgeworld models sounds like a natural progression....

I've been hanging fire with my XIII Legion stuff until Tempest drops, as I'm sure there will be some stuff that I will invariably have to get or change.

I was also considering possible candidates for the Forgeworld store-exclusive miniature. A Warlord princeps akin to the ones they did for the Warhound and Reaver would be cool and tie in quite well.

When ultramarines get released I think they will get the imperial fists treatment. They're roman theme seems to be coming into heresy judging from the pictures. I too enjoy the ultras of 30k, I hate the ultra of 40k. The ultras of 40k are a bit boring. The only I liked were probably Cassius and old marnues. On the other hand just from reading his lexicanum page I LOVE thiel. He's like a non crazy version of Winston Churchill.

Agree with you there... Compared to the Imperium armies of 30k, the Imperium armies of 40k feel really bland, especially in terms of rulesets :p Forgeworld gives more love to the Space Marines than Games Workshop does :D

Archived