book 5 tempest announced!

sedobren

Don't you say those words as the second it's released I know my fiance will leave me @_#

Hey, if they release one, I'm pretty sure you'd be more than happy to walk it down the aisle. ;)

Seriously, though, I'm loving the design of this Warlord titan. My introduction to Titans was old, old, old copies of White Dwarf, so they were all Mars patterns. While the Lucius pattern did eventually become synonymous with the Warlod titan for me, there is still a deadly elegance to the Mars pattern that I love. That said, I'd be interested to see a Lucius pattern Warlord....

Don't you say those words as the second it's released I know my fiance will leave me @_#

Let her an imperator could make a fine wife :D. I kid of course. I doubt that they will do an imperator unless you have way too much money then I doubt many people will buy one.

I must admit, when I saw that cover for The Eagle's Talon / Iron Corpses, I had a sneaking suspicion that'd be the direction FW would take their Warlord in, I just didn't expect it to be anywhere near as soon, but boy am I glad that this was the style they chose.

I wonder if the Warlord has anything to do with the ongoing work on Inferno (the HH book covering Prospero), considering the role the Canis Vertex had in the battle?

I wonder if the Warlord has anything to do with the ongoing work on Inferno (the HH book covering Prospero), considering the role the Canis Vertex had in the battle?

I was rereading A Thousand Sons a few weeks ago and had that very thought, that when Inferno comes out there needs to be some scenario or something with the Canis Vertex.

Lest we forget, everything else we should be getting with Book 5.  We're playing with a lot of these already thanks to web/experimental rules, but they're all really borrowed from Tempest.

Legiones Astartes

Xiphon Interceptor

Deredeo Dreadnought

Primus Redoubt

Praevian/Delegatus Consuls

Mechanicum

Scyllax Guardian-automata Covenant

Thanatar-Calix Siege Automata

Warlord Titan

Ultramarines

Guilliman

Word Bearers

Samus

Mhara Gal

On top of which, we should be getting Planetary Defense Force rules.  We don't have details yet, but we can definitely count on several Ultramarines units/characters appearing; I saw mentioned in another thread that Telemechrus, Remus Ventanus, and a squad called the Invictus Suzerain were hinted at during the weekender.

Plenty to be excited about.

Someone described the Invictus Suzerians as fancy breacher marines with power axes.

If theyre somehow better than Phalanx Warders, I'll be one ticked off Imperial Fist...

One unit I forgot: the Stormbird.  Does anyone who went to the Weekender know if it'll actually be in book 5?  it was looking quite unfinished there, like something that might be for book 6.  If it is in book 5, that's going to be several really big, really niche kits all for one book.

Someone described the Invictus Suzerians as fancy breacher marines with power axes.

If theyre somehow better than Phalanx Warders, I'll be one ticked off Imperial Fist...

Considering how badly they screwed over Phalanx Warders...

I would pay to watch that. Seriously, I would. I'll even bring popcorn. biggrin.png

We'll make it official:

I challenge anyone who buys two of those Titans to a game, no matter where. I will build a Grand Battalion to match your force in equal points, and then I will willingly travel to your home of origin and destroy everything you hold dear, in front of your friends and allies, so that all will know for all time that no physical military force in existence could ever dare to stand against the might of the IV Legion, and still draw breath.

Not even the Machine-Gods of Mars.

This is my Oath of Moment, and I will not turn away.

EDIT: I have dreamed of killing a Warlord with Infantry and Armour since I read Storm of Iron over a decade ago. I'm willing to go insane, just to see that dream come true.

The real question is: Does anybody want this fight as bad as I do?  

And, of course, willing to sell their soul to Forgeworld alongside me....

http://24.media.tumblr.com/cf53dbea62412665123c631d820607dd/tumblr_mjtgxkPNk61rdutw3o1_400.gif

The question is, why so much hype over yet another machine of the Collegia Titanica, when Ordinatii have been announced? Why would anyone chose the lesser ordnance? (The answer being, "Because a giant :cuss:ing robot is carrying it.")

The real question is: Does anybody want this fight as bad as I do?  

And, of course, willing to sell their soul to Forgeworld alongside me....

I want it, but I'm on the wrong side of it.  I'd be deploying on your side of the table to help put the 'God'-Machines in their place.

Archived