book 5 tempest announced!

sedobren

I don't exactly know what I'll be doing, but it will probably involve painting things blue. I started 40k out with Space Wolves many years ago, and had an Ultramarine force grow just out of... that thing where you just suddenly have marines that you can't really explain getting. People give them to you, you buy box sets for the micro rulebook, things like that, until one day you look in your army box and you have an army that you don't really remember setting out to collect.

I'm hoping to find some inspiration in the new book. I'm not really interested in Luna Wolves anymore, I don't want to wait for Wolves to get their 30k treatment, so I'm just going to give in to the blue and gold.

You finally gonna do a painting log?

Or do we need to drop bane blades on your head? :P

I don't exactly know what I'll be doing, but it will probably involve painting things blue. I started 40k out with Space Wolves many years ago, and had an Ultramarine force grow just out of... that thing where you just suddenly have marines that you can't really explain getting. People give them to you, you buy box sets for the micro rulebook, things like that, until one day you look in your army box and you have an army that you don't really remember setting out to collect.

I'm hoping to find some inspiration in the new book. I'm not really interested in Luna Wolves anymore, I don't want to wait for Wolves to get their 30k treatment, so I'm just going to give in to the blue and gold.

Or do we need to drop bane blades on your head? tongue.png

Baneblades?

We have Warlords Now (soon)!

Hyaenidae come on man australia wins all were a variable death world and we have all sorts of deadly critters you might have wolverines and bears and wolves but we have tiny bugs that mess you up quicker and worse than a bear.

But I agree on your sentiments on a grand batallion fighting a warlord. I'm thinking ultras solar auxillia and my titans fighting against my IW and navy fighters dog fighting around the warlord being shelled by basilisks

I've read about austrailia... It's a hell hole! EVERYTHING wants to kill you and will find creative ways to kill you! Those cute kangaroos, they'll challenge to a boxing match. The only chill animal is the koala and that's only because their drunk all the time because of eucalypts. There's only a few people. They have nice accents and have very slow internet. Like slower than a tortoise slow. After the town there's nothing Nothing but desert and sheep. And the worst part, it's on and island so your stuck there :D. That's my take on Australia. Though you guys have really a low homicide rate. Don't know how you survive kurama.

@Hynadiea oh you know that California's the best state hands down. It's nice and warm here and everyone can choose a spot and stay. A liberal? Well that's the entire state but if you want freedom baby we got freedom in wonderful San Francisco. You don't even have to wear clothes if you want! A conservative? Come to the Central Valley you'll feel like you haven't even left the south! You a king in crime? Come down to wonderful Oakland California! Or Compton. Want to begin acting? Come to wonderful Los Angelas! You have a pretty low chance of becoming one but there's always a barrista! That's why California is greaaaat!

That was really long. Back on track. Is all we know about the warlord so far? The PDF will be ibteresting. If imagine they'll be a horde army like 300 is the squad limit or something. Hopefully they'll do more in game than in stories where all they do is die.

I'm not very far into the horus heresy book series but do the night lords appear at calth or in the attack on the ultramarines? 

Nope. As far as I know, only Curze has been to Ultramar so far (read Unremembered Empire). 

Or will we end up getting things if they ever do the Thramas crusade?

It'll be the Thramas Crusade if anything, I'll wager. It keeps getting referenced but there ins't a great deal of information besides it being between the DA and the NL and it lasting for two years (iirc).

Or do we need to drop bane blades on your head? tongue.png

You're just jealous that I'm keeping my awesome three-color-distant-tabletop-quality skills to myself.

I've read about austrailia... It's a hell hole! EVERYTHING wants to kill you and will find creative ways to kill you! Those cute kangaroos, they'll challenge to a boxing match. The only chill animal is the koala and that's only because their drunk all the time because of eucalypts. There's only a few people. They have nice accents and have very slow internet. Like slower than a tortoise slow. After the town there's nothing Nothing but desert and sheep. And the worst part, it's on and island so your stuck there biggrin.png. That's my take on Australia. Though you guys have really a low homicide rate. Don't know how you survive kurama.

Take that back or I'll set my wombat on you tongue.png !

Someone described the Invictus Suzerians as fancy breacher marines with power axes.

If theyre somehow better than Phalanx Warders, I'll be one ticked off Imperial Fist...

Well if their miniatures end up anything like the concept art, they deserve to be better than Phalanx Warders tongue.png

gallery_74605_9520_46512.jpg

I didn't ask about potential rules unfortunately. But I'm sold on the looks wub.png

The Praetor armour looks like a "Mk III.5", with the tassets that would later adorn the Sternguards. I like that. I really like that. Now if I had any skill at "de-legionizing" miniatures, I might have considered getting a few for my strikeforce.

Pffft, Grand Battalion.

Let me get my Destroyer/Xenocide cadre together, and see how your battalion holds up, Hyaenidae .

Shots fired! :P

Back on topic - I'm looking forward to what Mr. Bligh can bring to the 500 worlds. He hasn't steered wrong so far, so I'm stoked to see what his fevered mind has crafted. ^_^

Someone described the Invictus Suzerians as fancy breacher marines with power axes.

If theyre somehow better than Phalanx Warders, I'll be one ticked off Imperial Fist...

You want them to be worse than the worst unit in 30K?  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  Well, maybe the Ultramarines.

You want them to be worse than the worst unit in 30K?  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  Well, maybe the Ultramarines.

I thought the EC held the rank of worst units in 30k.

You want them to be worse than the worst unit in 30K? I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Well, maybe the Ultramarines.

To me Phoenix Guard and Justaerin Terminators tie for that 'honor' as do both legions in most cases with their Legion Rules (but its not as bad as people think).

I'm not saying the Invuctus Suzerians have to be worse that Phalanx Warders, just equal enough in what both do especially since theyre geared the same way and both fill the role of "fancy breacher unit replete in legion iconography"

I'm not saying the Invuctus Suzerians have to be worse that Phalanx Warders, just equal enough in what both do especially since theyre geared the same way and both fill the role of "fancy breacher unit replete in legion iconography"

My guess is that the Suzerains will be a purely close-combat unit and will only have access to pistol weapons for ranged fighting. I saw a few concepts for boarding shields and the like, but none of them actually came with bolter slots.

You want them to be worse than the worst unit in 30K? I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Well, maybe the Ultramarines.

To me Phoenix Guard and Justaerin Terminators tie for that 'honor' as do both legions in most cases with their Legion Rules (but its not as bad as people think).

Don't forget the EC also have the palatine blades, which needed to be updated to have a decent number in the unit to survive until combat, and the kataphonica. Who have a special rule that might do something useful, if you can wound the enemy in the first place. And if y want to kill a multiwound enemy unit then you might as well take a sun killer squad and do it properly.

So I just read that this next book is going to be the attack on calth, which is already known, but that the word i'm hearing is that its only gonna be changing word bearers, and mech, and adding the ultrasmurfs.

Apparently it will be the shadow crusade in the book that follows, which is where i'd imagine they might alter previous legions, and add to world eaters, word bearers, and smurfs. Does anyone know anything different than that?

So I just read that this next book is going to be the attack on calth, which is already known, but that the word i'm hearing is that its only gonna be changing word bearers, and mech, and adding the ultrasmurfs.

Apparently it will be the shadow crusade in the book that follows, which is where i'd imagine they might alter previous legions, and add to world eaters, word bearers, and smurfs. Does anyone know anything different than that?

Tempest will have Ultramarines, Word Bearers, Mechanicum, Imperial Militia, Warp Cults, Knights, and Titans, all confirmed.

Hopefully this means we'll be getting an updated Crusades Army List/Legion List book soon-ish that might fix some of the issues up and bring everything into line....

Archived