== Martian Death Ray Club ==

My Iron Hands current contribution to the Martian Death Ray Club:

Built & Painted:

A Landraider Achilles-Alpha armed with two Twin-Linked Volkite Culverin Sponsons.

Built and waiting on paint:

Praetor & Honour Guard all armed with Volkite Chargers

Iron-Father armed with Volkite Charger

Two 10-Man Cataphractii Terminator Squads all armed with Volkite Chargers

A Contemptor Dreadnought armed with two Twin-Linked Volkite Culverins

Still waiting to be built:

10-Man Legion Tactical Support Squad armed with Volkite Calivers

10-Man Legion Heavy Support Squad armed with Volkite Culverins

The angels look really nice!

As I play SoH (mostly in black), I know what a pain it is to highlight all the edges without looking like beginner stuff.. that's quite a lot of underestimated work, whereas for example Iron Warriors could be painted by a beginner and still look good.

Ta. Hopefully when the First Legion list comes out there'll be plenty of volkite.

I will weep with joy when we are able to swap bolters on tactical marines for volkite Chargers and calivers. By Bligh, let it be so....

*fades into dream land making choom noises*

Choom is not blue or green @_#

choom is shades of red yellow and orange

Someone needs to paint rainbow choom now.

And then we can have volkite dance parties.

edit: choomptiss choomptiss choomptiss choomptiss

http://i.imgur.com/dyk5RbF.jpg?1

Edited by LetsYouDown

Ta. Hopefully when the First Legion list comes out there'll be plenty of volkite.

I will weep with joy when we are able to swap bolters on tactical marines for volkite Chargers and calivers. By Bligh, let it be so....

Soon in FW's next book:"The Unification Wars XV: Reconquest of Sol"

Master of Signal will be sitting with a full Culverin squad in my Iron Warriors. Should I be taking something else? Probably.

Am I going to have an army without Choom? Never.

Also to join in the Choom colours, mine are gold... :)

Actually, I think such a proposition can be realistic - our current rules (LACAL) can easily be turned into what I'd call 'LAECAL' (Legiones Astartes Early Crusade Army List): Exploring options like swapping all bolt weapons for their Volkite counterparts (at cost), limitations on the number of Terminator suits you can use (probably none at all), no Thunderhawks, no Primarchs, etc, etc.

This can be done either with the Rite of War system, or created as a separate mini-list.

Terror Squad.  With Choom.  Buuut I hadn't, at the time decided on what color to paint the coils.  Here they are as they are at present.  Guess I will have to change the coil colors sometime in the near future!

Apothecary for the squad with Choom

12088245_10156259958200249_4443268446402And

And the Squad.  Notice there are only 8 of them, Apothecary makes 9.  I left room for either a IC or perhaps a Sgt with some close combat power. 

12049725_10156259958240249_9117495700696

To contrast the blue, I would recommend the traditional red coils. :smile.:

I am considering that, especially since red is only shown on occasion in my NL army.  I dislike the cartoony red I see all the time.  The army is begging to be "repainted" or rather touched up.  I knocked them out fast for the 2014 ETL.  They deserve some of my time to go back and work on their paint and clean them up a bit more.  Since I finished my Executioners, for now, I think that is my next goal along with painting the LR I have waiting for them...

I am considering a Sicaran, do they have a Choom version of that yet?  I also am scoping the NLs Dreadnought Contemptor and getting a Choom arm...  Oh dear, what to do?!

Edited by Armond

I am considering a Sicaran, do they have a Choom version of that yet?

Not that I am aware of. The only vehicles (so far) that are armed with Volkite weapons are: The Glaive (Carronade), the Questoris Knight Styrix (Chieorovile), the Leman Russ Incinerator (Demi-Culverin) and the Triaros Conveyor (Pintle-mounted 'Sentinels').