From discipline comes will

From will comes strength

From strength comes endurance

From endurance comes victory

With victory comes death

From death comes discipline

Section 1 of the Codicia Disciplinarium

I have a question. This was something I wanted to give the Black Guard for a while. Does it rip off the Iron Warriors litany of iron too much?

Need to go out for a fancy family meal/get together in a minute but I thought some more about Mikhal's idea. How about the Black Guard keep their whole victory or bust attitude and destroying the entire culture if it doesn't surrender but they have two primarchs(Dievas and Slogutas?) one of whom is a blank the other of whom is a psyker? Kinda like a ying and yang concept. Then one falls to Tzeentch one to Malal or summat. As I said, just a half baked rough idea

Uhm. Not more pariahs. We have already 4.

@AO108: Kawil is falling to chaos. To malal if i am right. And he is pariah

Grifft: i am sure that kelborn will gladly take a chariot unit into consideration^^

Well. I know when I'm beat, so I won't post more on the Scions. But I will say you're missing out on my amazing space marine chariot unit ;)

Huh? How did I not think of this?(starts scribbling down ideas for an Undying Sons scythed chariot backed up by pysker powers)

@AO108: The Grave Stalkers are falling to Malal and they're blanks.

@Mikhal: Yeah as I said it was only a half baked idea. However, the Black Guard need a trait which causes their bodies to degenerate and consume themselves eventually. Although having 4 relatively power pysker legions(if we count the Thousand Sons) would help explain why the Emps made so many pariah legions...

Yoi could also say zhat.it os.a pjysical traot wjicj kills th. They might be resilent to destroyerweapoms bit it comes at a high price. Sudden death. Nobody can ne sure that they sirvive long. Thos could mirror in their whole organisation. As tgeor higher ups doe fast they habe realtivly narrow structures.

As simisom pointed out. Tgey dont need to fall to any god and tgerefore an imbalance could be reached

@. Blunt. Bit the legion consists of blanks even wothoit primarcj.

Sorry for the spelling. Not my.phome

Or explode as their bodies stored the rad energy amd when the time comes they explode radiating all Non black guards. Ny the way. Change the name. Undyimg sons would be here a very black Humor

That's true...I may do that at some point...

And I had smthn more like this in mind

Slogutas flicked through his helm's filters, switching to thermal vision in order to penetrate the dense cloud of chlorine gas. The gas seemed to have cleared the trench line of enemy soldiers. Judging from the contorted bodies that Slogutas kept finding in pools of foaming, bloody liquid that had in life been their lungs the enemy hadn't been expecting a chemical attack and so had died in agony as their own lungs were dissolved and they coughed them up at their feet. As he moved through the trench, he heard his rad grenades clattering off on his armour as he swept his bolter left and right, checking for survivors. In other legions, rad grenades were confined to the destroyers. In the Black Guard they were widespread so that even a tactical squad such as Slogutas' had several marines equipped with them.

Suddenly, a piercing scream broke through the air behind Slogutas. Turning he saw Baubas tearing at his helmet and dropping to his knees in agony. Writhing on the ground, Baubas finally disengaged his helmet's seals and Slogutas saw what was happening. His face was shrivelling and rotting at the same time, his flesh both decomposing and being consumed by his own body at the same time. Blood was running in rivers from his nose, eyes and ears as his brain suffered in the same way and his mouth was locked open emitting the scream, less alarming due to its tone and more due to its very existance.

Slogutas turned away from his dying brother. Each of the Black Guard met a similar fate eventually unless they died in battle and to put Baubas out of his misery would be to use one bolt shell in an act of empathy that could have been used against the enemy. It would be a waste of ammo. The rest of the squad had come to the same conclusion and they moved on, leaving Baubas screaming as his flesh rotted and was consumed.

*wakes up, begins morning routine...then remembers what is going on BotL and rushes in*

Dagnabbit! So much ground to cover. Alright, let's get started.

*reads through everything*

Back up to date. 

So, you guys have seduced Blunt back into considering the legion idea.

Grifft has rescinded his offer.

Raktra and Skal haven't addressed my question.

Skal hasn't said if he's successfully transferred the Void Eagles.

Kelborn and Mikhal are going full tilt with the Void Stalkers

Sig has labored hard to justify a second legion. 

And Mikhal brings up the most important point: has everyone on this project had a fair chance to make a play for the new legion? 

I do want to give everyone within the project a fair chance, so my next post will go through to see if someone hasn't had a chance or gets a chance. (Wanted to post this to let you guys know I'm up.)

Roll Call for the new legion

simison - Disqualified (I have two legions)
Grifftofer - Not interested 
Sigismund229 - Has two legion candidates
MikhalLeNoir - prefers Void Stalkers
Raktra - Has a legion candidate
Athrawes - Disqualified (In all honesty, given how busy he is and how slow the Harbingers are coming along, I don't think it's wise for him to have second legion in play.)
Big Bad Squig - Disqualified (has two legions)
Skalpynock - Interested but currently disqualified (two legions)
Demus Ragnok - Not Interested
AlphariusOmegon108 - Would prefer an African legion, crafted by either Blunt or Kelborn
Slipstreams - Not interested
Chief Captain Redd - Would like to help write the new legion but not field a new one.
Hesh Kadesh - Not Interested
Praefectus Invictus - Disqualified (Like Athrawes, I'm concerned about his current pace and wouldn't want to bury him in work when he's still trying to catch up to the project.)
bluntblade - Still apprehensive
Kelborn - Has two legion candidates
SanguiniusReborn - MIA? 
Lord Thorn - Not interested

So, the only member we have not heard anything from is Sanguinius. Now, awhile ago, I actually offered him the chance to take over the Warriors of Peace. Based on our conversation, he was very hesitant to do so, and I could easily see him shying away from starting an entire new legion. As such, I don't see him being a candidate for the new legion.

After all of this, the impression I'm getting is that we have three serious candidates: Kelborn, Sigismund, and maybe Bluntblade.

It does sound like there's a lot of enthusiasm that the new legion should be African based.  

Edited by simison

Oh, crap! The question is how close are the Berserkers to being finished and ready to be published? I don't want to have someone take on a second legion if their first legion is still in need of plenty of work. That's why I've given a pass to Grifft (if he were still in the running) since he's the only who's primary legion is completely done, while Sig has most of his legion done.

EDIT: Also, since no one who is qualified is on vacation, we will come to a decision today.

Edited by simison

(says in eager voice) The Black Guard could be african themed!

Inner voice: No they can't, don't be stupid

Oh...the Undying Sons?

Inner voice: They could incorporate ancient Egypt at a push

But don't the TS already do that?

Inner voice: Not the mummification and rebirth aspect

right!(goes and starts scribbling notes and ideas)

Inner voice: But that's the wrong kind of african theme

D'OH!

Inner voice: Sorry mate

Other inner voice: Why bother changing them? Just *remove* the competition and those who oppose you

Hmm...not a bad idea...

Other inner voice: Just don't tell them

Of cour...oh :cuss.

(shouting argument with voices inside head begins)

Boy, do I hate this part of the job, but, Sig, while it's highly amusing to watch you argue with yourself, I'm worried that you're going to get a headache and a lot of undue stress from all of this. So, I'm going to put you out of your misery. Your candidacy is the only one that has run into outright resistance from the other members, and the Lions are not 100% done. 

As such, I'm removing you as a candidate. 

And I'm declaring this to be the 11th hour. 

Blunt, no more second guessing. Declare your candidacy or declare your withdrawal.

Raktra, I need that answer. 

Skal, this is your last chance to trade out the Void Eagles and answer the Warbringer completion question.

Kel...stand over there and look pretty.

[EDIT] Oh well, whoever gets the honour can pick in this idea box. And the Warbringers are around Alpha-complete. The entire concept is set in marble and gold, now it's only about exploring details, which Blunt's last un-yet-published story has done quite a bit already.

Hm… given the fact that I am not quite done with the Eagles yet, I'll rescind my proposal, but I offer what I have in mind for the Ash Walkers to Sigi's Black Guard:

-Name and color scheme, so we don't end up with yet another black legion, and can keep the puns

-Primarch is found on a world that combines the hellscapes of Baal, Medusa and Barbarus

-Believes that uncompliant worlds deserve to be made like his homeworld, so that only the strongest and worthiest may survive

-Destroyer heavy legion, perfectly ordered and faceless

-Many dreads due to alchem-corrosion of meatbag marines

-Haven't yet decided on a culture, but Turkic regions have strong potential there

-Possibly throws his lot with Tzeentch when he sees the potential to change everything, rebuilding worlds and warriors. Of course he sees that power but never gets it.

-Neither particularly psychic nor pariah, bog standard in that regard

-Anti-Vizenkoist, believing strength of a warrior should come from his upbringing rather than be cheated by plasmids?

Edited by Skalpynock