No, I just walked in on the last ten minutes of Man of Steel.

I'm also trying to work out if there's anything in The Assassin we can adapt for the Warriors of Peace. And running with the two swords thing with the Lightning Bearers. Athrawes made a point of sticking a wakizashi on most of his as well as general wargear (he seems to have been annoyed by how none of them carried spare ammo) and Child of Justice taught me a bit about the practicality of a pair of blades.

I have too much creativity this evening...

Added on top of my thoughts about the Nomads which were then added to with war of false primarch I now thought(while looking at some art of abaddon and the BL) that, as the Imperium fight the Nomads and the Suzerainty rips itself apart, the traitor legions could be waging a civil war in the Maelstrom during which whoever Athrawes chooses to be our Abaddon smashes various conflcting warbands back into line and proclaims himself Regent of the Stormborn or smthn

Dragon hunting

It was a rare occassion that two such warriors were present in the same place. Let alone three. Four was almost unheard of. Yet here four were, gathered in orbit over Mycenae, watching it slowly rotate beneath them, a world of a thousand shades of green, blue and grey, with two continents of purest white at either pole. "It looks like Huron, just like last time I saw it" said the first warrior, Daer'dd of the Iron Bears, his arms bare and clad in the burnished copper and iron of his legion.

"I concur. Mycenae and Huron look very similar from orbit" said the smallest of the warriors, Alexandros, the Warmaster, still smaller than his brothers, even in his hulking terminator plate.

Hectarion chuckled at that and said "I can assure you having seen Huron myself that the similarities are only skin deep".

It was then that the fourth figure, clad in pearl white armour, spoke. "I hear that Mycenae's oceans are home to a form of serpentine predator. Huron lacks those" said Pionius Santor, causing the small human female at his side to grin.

Hectarion turned and smiled Pionius saying "Drakfaraigge, aye. They're tough bastards. Perhaps you'd like to hunt some while you're here?".

Pionius returned the smile and said "I think I would. It would be fascinating to acquire some samples for comparisom against those I've taken from Ionian serpents".

Hectarion laughed and slapped Pionius on the back saying "Then we shall! After all, it would be a shame for you to travel here without seeing some of the sights of Mycenae" then turning back to Alexandros and Daer'dd, he said "Now tell me brothers, what message does the council of Terra have that's so important it needs three of you to deliver it?".

Alexandros and Daer'dd shared an uncomfortable glance before Alexandros began "There have been reports made to the council of Terra Hec. Reports of Crimson Lions going berserk and killing everything in their way. Foes, Imperial Army. Everything". In that instant, Hectarion's posture changed. Where before it had been relaxed and welcoming, it now became tense, with every muscle prepared to spring into action at the slightest provocation and his teeth bared slightly in a small snarl as a flicker of what might have been fear passed through his eyes.

"So they sent you here to lock me in chains and bring me back to Terra, is that it?" Hectarion growled.

Alexandros shook his head in horror and said "No. Do you think we would have come if they had?" and Pionius placed a gauntleted hand on Hectarion's shoulder guard.

"Brother,we came so that we can go back to the Council and tell them that these allegations are baseless" whispered Pionius softly.

Daer'dd nodded and said "The Council needs to know the Lions can be relied upon. Terra knows that Raktra's rages and Kozja's petulance are bad enough since Baal without adding more worries to that".

Hearing this, the tenseness vanished from Hectarion's muscles and he whispered "Have I or my legion ever given you cause to doubt our loyalty?" with a note of weariness in his voice that Alexandros didn't like. It sounded like the weariness of a man who had concealed a secret for far too long and for whom the weight of it was becoming crushing. Yet Alexandros let it pass, making a mental note to inquire about it at a later date.

As Daer'dd opened his mouth to speak, Alexandros planted the words Leave it in his mind and grinned, saying "Good. Then I'll tell the Council of Terra that their fears are unfounded. Now I believe you mentioned a hunt?".

Hectarion let loose a small feral grin at that, although Alexandros could see that it was a fragile thing, forced for his brother's benefit, and said "That I did. After all, it would seem a shame for you to have come all this way without seeing some of the sights of Mycenae".

Daer'dd broke out into a booming laugh and said "Then let's go hunt! The Great Crusade can manage without us for a few hours".

Alexandros nodded and said "I agree. After all, I need to blood the Spear of Terra. I've been spending too long in the Senate and not enough on the battlefield recently" and even Pionius smiled at that.

Shifting uneasily from foot to foot, the human female at Pionius' said "My lord I..." and Pionius turned saying

"How many times must I ask you Inna? Pionius. Only my lord on formal occasions. And I think I an guess what you're about to say so it can wait until I get back".

Edited by Sigismund229

Hey have a fun guestion for you guys! I have a contemptor laying around that I wanna paint to level two (above tabletop standard) fo showcase for my studio, and would like to do a  sort of mini poll:

What legion from the BoTL do you want to see it painted in? I will post it here after finishing it, so you guys can have a look on the color scheme.

I would ofcourse like to do a legion that is a little less represented model wise, so let the votes flow in! Btw, you can vote any legion except the eagle warriors, I will definetely not do a contemptor for them.

Let's hear it ;)