Yeah, but I don't know what they do, and are there any other space marine groups outside of the legion that we haven't covered?

I'm not sure if this counts but the biggest Navigator house and the navigator whom sits on the high council has a large bodyguard of Totem Guard.

Yep, they're still there... And another force is also in the Navigator's palace...

EDIT: though both are technically part of their respective legions, so I don't really know if they are what you're interested in currently Simison.

Edited by Lord Thørn

After a viewing of the (really quite underrated) 2012 version of Dredd, I'm really keen to delve into the Petitioner's City.

Great film, totally agee on it being underrated, I think a lot of people were turned off by the original 3D-focussed marketing, or couldn't take the rose-coloured glasses off long enough to realise it could be and was better than the cheesy Stallone original, if only because Karl Urban stuck to the golden rule of Dredd; never take off the Helmet.

The Hands being representatives of the legions on the Council of Terra would be fine. Perhaps they also serve as bodyguards to important digintaries of the Council of Terra?

@blunt: We don't know what the Crusader Host's role was although I believe the closest we get is as legion representatives on Terra rather than the Council of Terra.

Btw, nice testimony of Pionius. Did more justice to him than I reckon I could have done

Edited by Sigismund229

Ok. So I know that I've mentioned this before, but as the book one legions come closer to completion I would like to try to get the Allies chart completed so that it can go into that book as a finished entity rather than needing revisions down the line. Here is how it stands right now. If you could check your legion(s) and help me fill in the blanks (the white skulls) I would really appreciate it. [Kelborn I don't know whether you intend to change the relationships of your legion or not, I guess it's entirely up to you. I will also update the name through the book too (Is the Predators their final name?).]

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn171/Grifftofer/BotL%20Book%201-%20Insurrection66_zpscy1rqczv.png

If you have any other revisions/changes you'd like me to make on behalf of your legion, just ask :)

After a viewing of the (really quite underrated) 2012 version of Dredd, I'm really keen to delve into the Petitioner's City.

Great film, totally agee on it being underrated, I think a lot of people were turned off by the original 3D-focussed marketing, or couldn't take the rose-coloured glasses off long enough to realise it could be and was better than the cheesy Stallone original, if only because Karl Urban stuck to the golden rule of Dredd; never take off the Helmet.

And because Urban was just a better Dredd. Also, Olivia Thirby.

Sigi, I'm going by the Wiki. As for Pionus, I've simply spent more time with the Scions than any other Legion, except for maybe the Bears.

I doubt the Berserkers would be Sworn Brothers to anyone, really. Fellow Warriors at best, which includes The Drowned. Distrusted by the Imperial Army and... I dunno what to say for the Mechanicum, I imagine the AdMech wouldn't mind the 'serkers attitude too much.

I doubt the Berserkers would be Sworn Brothers to anyone, really. Fellow Warriors at best, which includes The Drowned. Distrusted by the Imperial Army and... I dunno what to say for the Mechanicum, I imagine the AdMech wouldn't mind the 'serkers attitude too much.

They might destroy a lot of tech the Mechanicus wants to recover.

Do we want to pop the Shepherds of Eden in there too? Sworn brothers with the Halcyon Wardens, Bears and Scions, obviously By Order with the Berserkers.

Major restructurations seem in order, now that I have a decent feel of all legions.

Void Eagles:

-Sworn brothers: Stygian Jackals, Dune Serpents

-Fellow warriors: [Everyone else]

-Distrusted allies: Godslayers, Warbringers, Wardens of Light, Eagle Warriors, Grave Stalkers, Imperial Army

-By order!: No one

Warbringers:

-Sworn brothers: Harbingers, Godslayers, Warriors of Peace, Imperial Army

-Fellow warriors: [Everyone else]

-Distrusted allies: Void Eagles, Eagle Warriors, Dune Serpents, Stygian Jackals, Mechanicum

-By order!: Berserkers of Uran, Predators

Okay, so the Hands will now be associated with the Terran Council as a minor body who are represented by the Warmaster. Let's say, five years after his appointment, Alex is frustrated by the divide between Council of Terra and the War Council situation and is listening to a continuing stream of complaints from the Legions. While he's able to persuade and nudge the Council of Terra into decisions that help the Legions, the lack of actual representation is a major hindrance to Alex's efforts.

So, after a quiet campaign among the Imperium's highest administrators, including many personal meetings with Malcador, Alex is able to secure an actual seat on the Council of Terra. His primary argument is that since the Primarchs and Legions often choose the Planetary Governors of new conquests, they are directly involved in the political process, which demands that the Primarchs and Legions need to be involved in administrative matters. 

Now, this decision is just as controversial as the Warmaster appointment with supporters saying that Alex has made a significant step forward for the Legiones Astartes, while his critics argue that Alex possesses a secret ambition for power. Someone spreads rumours that perhaps Alex wishes to replace the Emperor and rule the Imperium himself. Anyone close to Alex knows that this baseless slander, but people who don't know him or just don't like him *glances at a couple of the Traitor Primarchs* have a new reason to distrust him.

This is where the Hands come in. After Alex secures the Council seat, he establishes the Hands as a body right beneath him so he has direct access to each Legion's thoughts, complaints, and requests. Furthermore, whenever Alex returns to the front lines, the Hands vote one of their number to hold Alex's seat on the Council. 

How does this new backstory sound? Would there be any Legions that outright refuse to send a Hand?

I like this. Do we have one Hand for each Legion, perhaps with an equerry and other attendants depending on their status within their Legion?

The Crimson Lions Hand might be accompanied by various representatives of the various Tiarni and vassal states of the Dominion as well as a representative of the Stewards

I'm not sure I've ever commented on the mini-Legions, the Shepherds and the Morningstars, right? 

Since they separate from their parent Legions (as I can't help but imagine this taking place in a Total War campaign) before Alex becomes Warmaster, I see him being very supportive of both groups since their ideals naturally parallel and complement each other. Upon becoming Warmaster, Alex doesn't reverse policy and still supports them, but, as far as Raktra is concerned since I don't think Yucahu cares about the Morningstars, Alex tries to find a balance between supporting the Shepherds and keeping Raktra happy by giving him campaigns he prefers.

So, yes, the Shepherds can send a Hand to represent them.

And, yes, the Hands can have an entourage with them.

So, Pariah officers, do they count toward the Legion unique unit upgrade? Should they not? Should they not, but the Pariah Legions have to have a rule forbidding Librarian consuls? So, a switcheroo? What do people think?