That describes me to a T.

I have the Wulfen, the book,and thought it'd reinvigorate my 40k drive.

Instead they sit on my desk, untouched and unloved, while I slowly steal parts off the sprue for my 30k Wolves. The wulfen themselves have been bolstered by a number of the older EoT Wulfen, and still get no love.

I couldnt even get excited by the recent 40k Wolf short story thingys.

WLK

tumblr_obgj0gm0CX1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_obgj0gm0CX1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

Remember that Joke about the  garage on the Grinding Stone , And Godfrey standing on a Glaive laughing at the idiots who decided it would be smart to board it.  Well yea , something something Behold the sisters something something   You picked the wrong ship .

This falchion got to me in really bad shape , It took more than an hour to get it back together.  then a little   paintwork , probably not as good as it could be , but im not sweating it too much.  Since the Glaive turret can be swapped  for the Fellblade Turret  I now have access to all three Fellblade variants , can only ever use the Falchion and one other at a time though. 

Edited by Bladewolf

Where's my Hersey hugs & kisses?!?

Falchion is looking great, you did really well with the yellow and the weathering is ace!!

I think I am partially immune to what you are suffering from, because I game so little... I do try to keep 1 eye on rules and stuff, but in fairness they mean little to me.

Same for 30K. I have been building away with a monster army, but nobody to put it up against.

Therefore I can enjoy the models and the backstory without thinking how poo the rest is!!

Gonna need you and WLK to vacation in the UK for a bit and teach me to play.

Edited by dantay_xv

Better to be busy than Bored 
Have two Games set up for this week  one on Tuesday one on Thursday. 

One is against the Tyranids 
I am going to be looking to Break my bad feeling about the Wolves by Running them here 

+++ Kinslayer Oathbreaker Monster Hunter  (2000pts) +++

++ Space Wolves: Codex (2014) (SW Company of the Great Wolf Detachment) (2000pts) ++

+ HQ (235pts) +

Wolf Lord (235pts) [belt of Russ, Relic: Fellclaw's Teeth, Thunderwolf, Warlord]
Runic Armour [Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Fist, Wolf Claw]

+ Elites (330pts) +

Iron Priest (old) (165pts) [bolt Pistol, 4x Cyberwolf, Frag & Krak Grenades, Runic Armour, Servo-arm, Thunder Hammer, Thunderwolf]

Iron Priest (old) (165pts) [bolt Pistol, 4x Cyberwolf, Frag & Krak Grenades, Runic Armour, Servo-arm, Thunder Hammer, Thunderwolf]

+ Troops (405pts) +

Grey Hunters (210pts) [Permits One Lone Wolf]
Drop Pod [Deathwind Missile Launcher]
10x Grey Hunter [10x Bolt Pistol, 8x Bolter, 10x Frag & Krak Grenades, 2x Meltagun, 10x Power Armour]

Grey Hunters (195pts) [Permits One Lone Wolf]
Drop Pod [storm Bolter]
10x Grey Hunter [10x Bolt Pistol, 8x Bolter, 10x Frag & Krak Grenades, 2x Meltagun, 10x Power Armour]

+ Fast Attack (400pts) +

Thunderwolf Cavalry (400pts)
Thunderwolf Cavalry [bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Thunderwolf Mount]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [bolt Pistol, Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Power Fist, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount, Wolf Claw]
Thunderwolf Cavalry [Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount, Wolf Claw]
Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader [Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf Mount, Wolf Claw]

+ Heavy Support (630pts) +

Long Fangs (125pts)
Long Fang Ancient [bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour]
2x Long Fang w/ Heavy Bolter [2x Chainsword, 2x Frag & Krak Grenades, 2x Heavy Bolter, 2x Power Armour]
2x Long Fang w/ Plasma Cannon [2x Chainsword, 2x Frag & Krak Grenades, 2x Plasma Cannon, 2x Power Armour]

Long Fangs (155pts)
Long Fang Ancient [bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Frag & Krak Grenades, Power Armour]
4x Long Fang w/ Lascannon [4x Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak Grenades, 4x Lascannon, 4x Power Armour]

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought (350pts) [2x Leviathian Siege Claw w/ inbuilt Meltagun, Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod (FW), Three Hunter-killer Missles]

The other is a game against my friend and Emperors Children/Salamanders  player James 
This one I am going to be trying out an Experiment with my Armored Breakthrough List 

+++ Armor-Geddon (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) (1630pts) ++

+ HQ (210pts) +

Master of Armour (210pts) [Armoured Breakthrough]
Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

+ Troops (200pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (100pts)
Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolters]

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (100pts)
Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolters]

+ Elites (210pts) +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (210pts) [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

+ Heavy Support (445pts) +

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (125pts)
Legion Vindicator Tank [Dozer Blade]

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (125pts)
Legion Vindicator Tank [Dozer Blade]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (195pts) [Dozer Blade]

+ Lord of War (565pts) +

Legion Falchion Super-heavy Tank Destroyer (565pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Space Marine Legion Crew, Twin-linked Volcano Cannon]

++ Questoris Knight Crusade Army (Allied Detachment) (870pts) ++

+ HQ (470pts) +

Lord Scion (470pts)
Cerastus Knight-Atrapos [Occular Augmetics]

+ Troops (400pts) +

Scion Martial (400pts) [Cerastus Knight-Lancer]

song is here cause its what i was listening to when composing the  armored breakthrough list  Edited by Bladewolf

12 -5 Spacewolf Victory 
Very  Close Game 
Big guns Never Tire 
Leviathan did a good bit of work.  Not sure if you can use Battlesmith on it in its 40k  interation , might have to go check that. 
Gonna post the pictures here cause theres a good bit of 30k  stuff in  the army and the grey hunters are done up in mk3 armor ... I guess if Slips tells me to take these down I will , Ill also go put them over on the wolves board if thats the case.
Heres some pictures ! 

tumblr_obo4xk84sZ1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_obo4xk84sZ1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_obo4xk84sZ1tdqdkto3_1280.jpg

tumblr_obo4xk84sZ1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg

tumblr_obo4xk84sZ1tdqdkto5_1280.jpg

tumblr_obo4xk84sZ1tdqdkto6_1280.jpg

tumblr_obo4xk84sZ1tdqdkto7_1280.jpg

tumblr_obo4xk84sZ1tdqdkto8_1280.jpg

tumblr_obo4xk84sZ1tdqdkto9_1280.jpg

tumblr_obo4xk84sZ1tdqdkto10_1280.jpg

tumblr_obo4yzs6Og1tdqdkto1_1280.jpgtumblr_obo4yzs6Og1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

And after seeing this i have added a leviathan to my cart! Thanks for shrinking my wallet 

I cannot wait to see what a painter of your caliber puts together for yours ill keep my eyes glued to yer thread for updates.

For some reason I have it in my head that that Leviathan looks like he's shouting at Magnus to stop hiding and come out of his tower. I think it's the lack of sleep doing it. Cracking work on the Wolves.

Thanks , space wolves are very much my first love army , the army that got me in to 40k so I have high hopes for their 30k  rendition ( Even though I also have some pretty daunting concerns for the way they will be presented as well.) 

I got 3 of the sods waiting to be built.

But I will probably keep tem pretty much stock as conversions and me go together like strawberries & cracked black pepper with balsamic vinegar!

Honestly you  do some of the best conversion work  for shields that I have seen , with the coins.  Combine that with your knotwork and I feel like your going to produce really amazing Leviathans ,  also the axe conversion for the claw is really easy , just takes a little shaving of the hand.

What sicaran load out do you usually rock? Armoured ceramite and heavy bolters or lascannons?

My Sicarians are usually taken  Dozer Blade  and Las Cannons , Las Cannons are a great sponson option  as they will either compliment the main gun for slaughtering  soft dudes and armor ,  murder tough dudes along with the main guns rending / good strength ,  and have a chance at softening up more serious armor with the rending of the main gun and the fact that they are las cannons.    I also wouldnt run more than one of em , The points hike they took in the redbook sorta prices them  into something of a choice as is " do i need these guys or no?"  sort of choice. 

The Legs are pretty Poseable , but its pretty top heavy so if your gonna do something really dramatic youll maybe have to pin it.  

I  do really love the concept though , I would really like  to do one like that , probably need  to do something to flip the axe hand though. 

Got my mind turning Ill have to look more into this. 

Supposed to be playing today , I dunno if that will happen , but I did get a few shots of the  775th  Rolling through a Destroyed Hab So ENJOY ! 
tumblr_obrfqfckEB1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg
tumblr_obrehce6Av1tdqdkto5_1280.jpg

tumblr_obrehce6Av1tdqdkto3_1280.jpg

tumblr_obrehce6Av1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_obrehce6Av1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_obrehce6Av1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg

tumblr_obrehce6Av1tdqdkto6_1280.jpg

Edited by Bladewolf