The Dark Angels look very nice! Lovely conversions. So do your IF! I like them dirty rather beeing the parade and poster boys.

But as a opponent, I'd hate you for constantly bringing Sigismund to the table ;)

The armoury section of a warship destroyed in the void war above plummets to yhe surface of planet Narnia.

Devices of great power are inside, so the 3 warring factions make for the surface with all haste to capture the contents.

Place the wardrobe shaped objective marker in the centre of the table.

For each DA unit which is in contact with the armoury for a game turn, they are allowed to don the robes inside and become veterans.

For each WB unit that is in contact with the armoury for a game turn, they despoil the robes in the name of Chaos and wear them as devotional garb. Also necome vetrrans.

Should Ravens or Wlves get yhere first. They earn veteran status and destroy the armoiry's stock of garments denying either side the chance to dress up.

tumblr_mefmk1b33G1r3ifxzo1_500.gif
Hello Friends , I have returned , from a full week of night and graveyard shifts as well as a 12 hour shift on Saturday. 
( I SLEPT MOST OF THE DAY TODAY D:  )  

But I also worked on  the Dark Angels Anti Tank Terminator Squad. 
tumblr_oauluwFAyD1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Gotta wait on the shapeways shoulderpads before I get started painting these fools but im fairly happy with the posing and the improvised combi weapons XD 

That face when these kids be like 
" lol bro  tanks got nerfed guess you are gonna have to buy a bunch of infantry to play HH now " 
tumblr_ob3wklrKgl1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Also finished up the Dark Angels Combi Melta Terminator Squad 
tumblr_ob3t8o9qiX1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg
tumblr_ob3t8o9qiX1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

Waiting on two boxes of Ravenwing Bikers ( 6)  for my non plasma close combat outriders 
Also waiting on the dreadclaw for the  Terminators I  unfortunately have like a two week break from  work so as stuff comes in ill be working on it with the hopes I can field a sizeable dark angels force for the Dragonflight convention

I like the work you did on the traitors.

also, DAMN son.

Thanks Jarl , I  am trying a true black no reflection of light thing like you do on the ravenguard , its obviously not nearly as good as what youve produced but  I really appreciate the perspective you gave me on the subject. 

As far as the other statement 

tumblr_ob41kuPr871tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ob41kuPr871tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ob41kuPr871tdqdkto3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ob41kuPr871tdqdkto4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ob41kuPr871tdqdkto5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mefmk1b33G1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

Its amazing to see the whole collection together & the Shapeways pads look really good.

Hope you havent forgotten your Space Wolves vow in amongst all the excitement of painting black

Played a Game against my Co Workers , Chaos/traitors , to test out some of the Dark Angels Kit 

ended up winning 8 -2  

Acid heavy bolters are the truth 

Acid heavy Bolters are the truth 

tumblr_n101iewb9w1sz7xgpo1_500.gif
Acid. 
Heavy.
Bolters.
ARE THE TRUTH 
tumblr_ncop5lGEqB1tqptlzo1_500.gif

Anyway here are some shots 
tumblr_ob5vv8zzZL1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ob5vv8zzZL1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ob5vv8zzZL1tdqdkto5_1280.jpg

tumblr_ob5vv8zzZL1tdqdkto3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ob5vv8zzZL1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg

So  the thing about the acid bolts are that any heavy bolter can take them ( with the LA : DA rule  )  for a 5 point increase , and they are just incredible  so much so I  would say they are an autoinclude if your running jetbikes because its a heavy bolter meaning its got good rate of fire and good range 

But its poison 2+   AND  you  roll for its ap everytime you fire the weapon. 

So 50% of the time its a ap 3 or better heavy bolter ,  and the rest of the time its like , oh well they were getting their save anyway  but you also wound on a 2+  due to poison. I  had a good set of low rolls for several rounds of shooting where I was firing off ap 1 and ap 2  heavy bolters into stuff and just melting it.  

Real Talk  Acid Heavy Bolters are just insane  I mean on jetbikes atleast they are insane. 

The Volkite Culverins in  the squad also did a lot of work , as I learned from  WLK  and Ray Ray those things are nasty , jetbikes have a really solid effective range bubble when you factor in their 12 inch movement. 

Awesome stuff.

Super excited to try them out myself when I eventually get some jetbikes :D

Anyone else wish the Contemptor arm was more than just a TL-HB so you could have even more acid goodness? While those 3 shots will certainly hit home, a Kheres or something is still better IMO.

So this is happening ,  not sure what color it will be tho , i originally got it for my Dark Angels .... but  ... with the nerfs to  Spartans ( cost hikes )  I might be able to get some milage out of sigismund and Templar brethren rolling in it. 

tumblr_obba63HEWk1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

Also , A new Superheavy Tank is coming , Im thinking Dorn Gives this one to Godfrey after telling him he will be titan hunting at the siege of Terra 
Just incase that  didint tip you off , its a Falchion , More to come on that soon. 

Awesome stuff.

Super excited to try them out myself when I eventually get some jetbikes :biggrin.:

Anyone else wish the Contemptor arm was more than just a TL-HB so you could have even more acid goodness? While those 3 shots will certainly hit home, a Kheres or something is still better IMO.

You can always go gun-slinger on the contempter and have two twin linked heavy bolters :D

Decent-ish range and fairly mobile so can hit most things on the table.

Admittedly not gonna cause huge amounts of hurt, but probably enough to cause some concern and maybe draw fire away from other units.

Shame I can't see the pictures here at work, so I'll have to check them out later.

Cheers

my thread is just ... completely stuffed with pictures @ n @  I  have never sat down and gone back through it though 

I am pretty annoyed with my inability to commit to a dragonflight list , With two potential candidates , both of whom look like they would be fun ,  bot its hard to pick , I think my collection is getting too big when I have to bug Slips over the course of two days trying to hash out list options ... bleh  

Balance 
+++ Balance  (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) (2500pts) ++

+ HQ (380pts) +

Legion Centurion (150pts) [Artificer Armour, Phosphex Bombs, Refractor Field, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
Consul [siege Breaker]
Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]

Sigismund (230pts) [Master of the Legion]

+ Troops (610pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (170pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour]

Legion Tactical Squad (170pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

Templar Brethren (270pts) [6x Combat Shield, 6x Templar Brethren]
Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]

+ Elites (325pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (55pts)
Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]

Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery (270pts) [Phosphex Canister Shot, Shatter Shell]
Legion Rapier Quad Launcher

+ Fast Attack (115pts) +

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod (115pts)

+ Heavy Support (625pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (210pts) [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (195pts) [Dozer Blade]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (445pts) +

Cerastus Knight-Atrapos (445pts)
Cerastus Knight-Atrapos [Occular Augmetics]

Skewed 
+++ skewed (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) (2500pts) ++

+ HQ (820pts) +

Legion Praetor (610pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Legion Scimitar Jetbike with Heavy Bolter, Legiones Astartes, Molecular Acid Shells, Paragon Blade]
Legion Command Squad [5x Combat Shield, Legion Scimitar Jetbikes with Heavy Bolters, 4x Legion Space Marine Chosen, Legion Standard Bearer, Legiones Astartes, Molecular Acid Shells, 3x Power Fist, 2x Power Weapon]
Master of the Legion [Armoured Breakthrough]
Shattered Legion
Legion Specific Rules [i: Dark Angels]

Master of Armour (210pts)
Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]
Shattered Legion
Legion Specific Rules [VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Troops (360pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (95pts)
Legion Predator Tank [Heavy Bolters]
Shattered Legion

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (95pts)
Legion Predator Tank [Heavy Bolters]
Shattered Legion

Legion Tactical Squad (170pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legiones Astartes]
Shattered Legion

+ Fast Attack (510pts) +

Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (305pts) [Legiones Astartes, Molecular Acid Shells, 6x Space Marine Sky Hunters, 2x Volkite Culverin]
Shattered Legion
Legion Specific Rules [i: Dark Angels]
Sky Hunter Sergeant [Calibanite War Blade]

Xiphon Interceptor (205pts) [interceptors]

+ Heavy Support (210pts) +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (210pts) [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]
Shattered Legion

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [i: Dark Angels, Loyalist, Shattered Legions, VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (600pts) +

Legion Falchion Super-heavy Tank Destroyer (600pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Space Marine Legion Crew]
Shattered Legion
Twin-linked Volcano Cannon [Neutron Wave Capacitor]

The Weight of my decisions keeps me up at night 

The above is a lie , my lack of ability to sleep  due to crippling insomnia that makes me appear constantly irritable keeps me up at night , this stuff just makes it worse XD  

At least I know if I stay awake long enough Dantay will post  stuff and ill get distracted by that. 

OK! so....i love your fists but please please keep doin DA they look so badass. Great work!

Thanks sir , I  take that as really high praise from a painter of your caliber 

which brings me to the project for today ,  my Dreadclaw drop pod 

I  originally got my hands on this specifically for the Dark Angels Terminator Squad , but its super useful for Sigismund and Templar Brethren too , which posed the problem of , do i paint it  black and red or black and yellow , well the answer I came up with while working on it was 

Black and Bone 

This was the compromise I made with myself because the  Terminators have  Bone Colored Tassels on their Cataphractii  armor and Sigismund and the Templar Brethren have Bone inlaid shoulder plates  So  It can be the spcial delivery system for those two units and not be a real  issue , Im pretty happy with this thing thats for sure. 

tumblr_obdd3tJSrM1tdqdkto3_1280.jpg

tumblr_obdd3tJSrM1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_obddd01fKV1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

The Dreadclaw i a really cool model , like really REALLY cool ,  Especially on the bottom. My scheme is super simplistic but  Im happy 

Just get those wulfen done first mate!!

I want the same, but then I keep looking at other legions I want to make and think... Do I want to duplicate stuff?

Then I think yes... Then I think... The wife is going to hang me by the scrotum and kill me!!

I went at the wulfen with the toothbrush earlier today  they should be dried and ready for a reprime on  saturday  when i head down to the store.  

I find it so difficult to get hype about these guys. Probably will be fine once  I  hit them with a black undercoat though. 

Its funny , They sit on my desk unpainted largely due to how detached from 40k Ive become compared to how into 30k I am. 

Really sucks when you start feeling jaded and snobbish toward something you loved so much.   I straight up have not played 40k  since halfway through the imperial fists project. 

I thought maybe the warzone fenris stuff and the new wulfen would be the thing that re ignited that spark  but im more inclined to just tinker  with my fancy Horus Heresy stuff when I  have time to hobby. 

Has anyone else ever suffered a similar sort of drafting shift like that , being really into 40k  then as you get into 30k  and started playing games with the legion list it just sort of makes it harder to go back to the 41st millennium?  

Whatever im just sort of rambling its 2 am I  should be asleep. 

Thank you wolf_pack for the compliment , the dark angels are quite fun to paint due to the simplicity of the scheme , im using a very fun p3 green for certain panels that darkens down to almost black and people can only really notice  when they get close to the models , thugh im trying to make it a little bit more noticeable cause you know , Caliban and all that.