Yeah the fellblade tends to have a bubble of 24 if you want to fire everything , meaning its like 36 given your 12 inch move ,whereas the Volkite Carronade on the Glaive gives you a bit more room to work with , and since both have relatively soft rear armor I tend to find that the glaive you can play agressively while still have a good bit of distance. The Falchion you can play at max distance due to its main guns range ya know.

So torn...

Yeah the fellblade tends to have a bubble of 24 if you want to fire everything , meaning its like 36 given your 12 inch move ,whereas the Volkite Carronade on the Glaive gives you a bit more room to work with , and since both have relatively soft rear armor I tend to find that the glaive you can play agressively while still have a good bit of distance. The Falchion you can play at max distance due to its main guns range ya know.

So torn...

A bonus word for the Falchion. It's recently been buffed by the ability to take the shock pulse rule, so that's probably the best out of all three if you're just looking to neuter enemy vehicles/titans, or want one to go after those targets. 

also consider this ,  the average set up really is  Fellblade vs Falchion as the glave is that much more expensive than the two of them ,  I think I  preffer the flachion due to the relative saftey it has at being able to work from range over the glaive ,  

Alright so First ill show some of the Armies and the boards. 

We were playing at Dragonflight a local convention held at the Bellevue Hilton  
I work this convention for the store  meaning I had to move all these game boards and all this terrain both onto the truck and up into the skyview ballroom and back out of the hotel onto the truck XD   So yea I was really invested in this event , There were a couple armies I  didint get great shots of 

tumblr_ocao6uetr01tdqdkto4_540.jpg
tumblr_ocao6uetr01tdqdkto2_540.jpg
tumblr_ocao6uetr01tdqdkto3_540.jpg ( This is Thousand Sons btw!) 
tumblr_ocao6uetr01tdqdkto5_540.jpg
tumblr_ocao6uetr01tdqdkto8_540.jpg( This army looks familiar ) 

tumblr_ocao6uetr01tdqdkto6_540.jpgtumblr_ocao6uetr01tdqdkto9_540.jpg
tumblr_ocao6uetr01tdqdkto10_540.jpg
tumblr_ocao6uetr01tdqdkto7_540.jpg

Round one saw some interesting matches 
tumblr_ocaouoXfRd1tdqdkto1_1280.jpgThousand Sons Vs Word Bearers 

tumblr_ocaouoXfRd1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg
tumblr_ocaouoXfRd1tdqdkto8_1280.jpg
Iron Hands v Word Bearers ! 

tumblr_ocaouoXfRd1tdqdkto3_1280.jpg
tumblr_ocaouoXfRd1tdqdkto5_1280.jpg
Alpha Legion vs White Scars  

tumblr_ocaouoXfRd1tdqdkto10_1280.jpgNightlords V Mechanicum 

I  drew Gil and his Alpha Legion  as my first opponent 
His list was not really designed to deal with mine , Three veteran tac squads , Dynat , a double Kheres , a Venator ,  Headhunters , A leviathan in a Dreadnought Drop pod
I  ended up just having a hard counter skew list that  ran away with the game 13- 0 
Dynat took  3 wounds off one of the knights but got bodied by a 6 on the D  chart in the next combat 

tumblr_ocaouoXfRd1tdqdkto9_1280.jpg
tumblr_ocaouoXfRd1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg
tumblr_ocaouoXfRd1tdqdkto7_1280.jpg

tumblr_ocaouoXfRd1tdqdkto6_1280.jpg
tumblr_ocapaiCg5B1tdqdkto3_1280.jpg
Takeaways from  this game for me , were that if you take the leviathan without phosphex and armored ceramite , but have a ton of other horrifying threats it will get ignored , this will come up later XD 

tumblr_ocapaiCg5B1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg
tumblr_ocapaiCg5B1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg
tumblr_ocapaiCg5B1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg
The Alpha Legion v Whitescars game turned into Absolute Pod Madness , with Alpharius actually eventually getting gunned down via Tactical marines , ( After making his points back tho. ) 

tumblr_ocapaiCg5B1tdqdkto6_1280.jpg
tumblr_ocapaiCg5B1tdqdkto7_1280.jpg
The Word Bearers had a really rough go of things against  the Iron Hands and Mechanicum forces 

tumblr_ocapaiCg5B1tdqdkto8_1280.jpgThe Thousand Sons v Word Bearers ended in a Word Bearer Victory after a blood bath of a game and the fact that Sacrificial offering means the like little throw away dudes dont give up victory points apparently. 

tumblr_ocapaiCg5B1tdqdkto10_1280.jpgtumblr_ocapaiCg5B1tdqdkto9_1280.jpg
The Night Lords would end up winning this game ,  as the  Mechanicum would lose both knights in close combat to some insanely great   (  and poor rolling. )  Plus the fire raptor doing a lot of work. 

Round two I  only really got shots of my own game, as I  thought I was going to have to drop  to actually go work the booth at the convention but my boss gave me the go ahead to just go play rounds two and three.  

Round two  I was up against the Alpha Legion list that bodied the White Scars , heavy amounts of pods , Alpharius and a full combi melta squad of death , I figured the hardest castle possible , was the best idea.  I also took a Deredeo  variation here. 

tumblr_ocapnnVlOw1tdqdkto7_1280.jpg

tumblr_ocapnnVlOw1tdqdkto9_1280.jpg

tumblr_ocapnnVlOw1tdqdkto6_1280.jpg

tumblr_ocapnnVlOw1tdqdkto8_1280.jpgBelieve it or not my Atropos escaped this with one wound left. 

tumblr_ocapnnVlOw1tdqdkto5_1280.jpg

The Atropos killed Alpharius  which was pretty cool  He had been a real hero , then I  tried to fire his gun .... 

tumblr_ocapnnVlOw1tdqdkto3_1280.jpgand he murdered himself. 

..... I know that slipstreams pain now. 

Another interesting thing that happened was  the  Interceptor Kill on a deathstorm Drop  pod by the Deredeo which saved probably all of my rear armor 10 vehicles. 

tumblr_ocaq0rmUHy1tdqdkto7_1280.jpgthis round ended in a 8-6 victory for me  at the bottom of 3 

I  ran around trying to get some shots from the other games. 
tumblr_ocaq0rmUHy1tdqdkto1_1280.jpgThe Iron Hands put a hurting on the Word Bearers 
tumblr_ocaq0rmUHy1tdqdkto3_1280.jpgThough the other Word Bearers player had a much better game and beat the Mechanicum list. 

tumblr_ocaq0rmUHy1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ocaq0rmUHy1tdqdkto5_1280.jpgmy first round opponent played against the white scars list I think he won this game 

tumblr_ocaq0rmUHy1tdqdkto6_1280.jpg

tumblr_ocaq0rmUHy1tdqdkto8_1280.jpg

tumblr_ocaq0rmUHy1tdqdkto10_1280.jpg
The Thousand Sons Knocked off the Night lords. 

Going into the Final Round only myself and the Iron Hands player were undefeated. 

Looks like it was a lot of fun!!! If it happens again next year, might actually have to drag my ass over there and check it out (assuming I have an army, painted of course. Which is unlikely. :P)

(P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Iron Hands belong to @OwlandMoonGuy, right? I've never actually seen them before, but the descriptions he's posted here and/or the NW Facebook group sound like these...)

Round three I  faced off against the Irons Hands and Mechanicum List 

tumblr_ocaq0rmUHy1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ocaqos1CYk1tdqdkto5_1280.jpgThe Opening Exchange was not good to my smaller tanks as the vast majority of them were wiped clean off the board , thankfully my Atropos was able to tear apart the Falchion immediately and mine was deployed far in  the corner and safe where it was able to lend its firepower to  the battle without being threatened. 

tumblr_ocaqos1CYk1tdqdkto6_1280.jpgOrth's tank dying was big cause he got out and got killed by crossfire.  Interestingly enough my Archeon did not at all kill this Land Raider on the first charge , (  I  rolled 4 1s  as in  I rolled 2  1s  then rolled 2 more on the re rolls.   What even are you good for bro . 

tumblr_ocaqos1CYk1tdqdkto7_1280.jpgToughness 8 Castellax are really something else ,  thankfully str D  sorta gets around that 

tumblr_ocaqos1CYk1tdqdkto4_1280.jpgThe Thallax got cleaned up by the naked levi pretty easily , and  I  went about making sure I could get rid of his troop choices to try and keep victory points on my side , since it was vanguard deployment he as pretty much IN my deployment zone which  meant I  absolutely had to kill everything , Thankfully I  had a big advantage as he didint take Graviton imploders on his Myrmidon Destructors , so I was mostly safe 

tumblr_ocaqos1CYk1tdqdkto8_1280.jpgThe End of the Game saw a 9 - 7  Imperial Fists Victory  and I was the only undefeated player left in the tourney. 

There was no real prize for winning , but I had a lot of fun. 

Looks like it was a lot of fun!!! If it happens again next year, might actually have to drag my ass over there and check it out (assuming I have an army, painted of course. Which is unlikely. :tongue.:)

(P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Iron Hands belong to @OwlandMoonGuy, right? I've never actually seen them before, but the descriptions he's posted here and/or the NW Facebook group sound like these...)

Im not ...entirely sure , I  know they are Paul Boulet's  Im not sure if hes the same dude tho D:  

I am also ready for Saturday @ n @

Going to be super busy since I am also working the convention that day as well as attending the 30k event as well

tumblr_oc0p5zAayI1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oc0p5zAayI1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

Doing black and yellow right! Schwing!

That's awesome!!! So want to do my AL at last!

Thanks guys. 

Some Reflection has me thinking that the Falchion just doesnt do enough for its point cost. It was fun to bring, and it scared people but its probably not going to come with me to another event unless its a super big game where its range will allow it to hit other tables.  

Setting up events and breaking them down is really hard work , If you have the opportunity to play in someones event you should really thank the store owner / staff its kinda hard to get all that work done. 

Knights are continuing to prove just fragile enough that I  dont feel bad using them. 

As we are moving up to 3k  for the next event , I am looking forward to bringing 3 knights in my list cause ..well I  can and Ill be moving away from my armored company for a more boots on  ground sort of feel.

Having a rough first turn should never upset you too much especially if your next turn is better , hang in there and do what needs to be done. 

I am still pretty spent , ended up having to go in this morning and work a smaller shift. 

My home store is moving to its temporary space at the end of this week ... kinda sad about that I dunno if ill be getting a shot to play many more games until things quiet back down , I might work on some new stuff, I might not , still have my eyes open for a fire raptor , I still need to get the last of the Ravenwing stuff painted so I  should probably go do that , Im just too tired to really think on anything right now

tumblr_oclytrJTKj1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Hurray  for more Templar Brethren. 

Got these guys together after work  today then quickly primed them  before preparing for bed. 

I dont... NEED more templar brethren , but they make me happy , So I have more of them now , and I  dont feel bad about that. 

Plus I  converted my other Solarite power Gauntlet guy into a Primus Medicae so this is good , I can run two squads of these guys if I want to .

( I dont see a world where that ever happens , maybe in ZM or something. ) 

I dont... NEED more templar brethren , but they make me happy , So I have more of them now , and I  dont feel bad about that. 

Hell, that's the whole point of the hobby, right, to enjoy it? Who cares if it's "top-tier" in game, or if the consensus says certain models are ugly. If they make you happy, that's what's important.