Leviathan Siege Dread tactics

depthcharge12

Well the drop pod's effect is null since you have a better 4++ on the Levi.

The Levi died pretty hard to las rapiers, though I imagine quad mortars would strip it down quick. It can really hurt a knight in cc, but it'll get destroyed in the process. Honestly you could just outflank it with Javelins and hurt it too.

The effect of the drop pod is transport/placement prodiving a turn 1 threat moreso than the cover save it grants, unless i am misunderstanding your point.

The Drop Pod, unlike for Infantry Squads who now get booted out (only the basic one), the Leviathan can remain inside this one on arrival and essentially gain 3 Av12 Ablative Hull Points to help weather the storm before getting to charge in.

It wont help that much but every little bit counts.

Yes, they have! you should see the BA Threads :tongue.:

To summarize "ASSAULT CANNONS ON ALL THE THINGS!"

The only thing to cause a slight break was the reminder that assault cannons cost +5 points over and above the cost to add a heavy flamer for things like pintle mounts.

And that was just for them to laugh at it before going back to hammering the "Add to Cart" button for Rotor Cannons on FW's webstore 

• 2 weeks later...

Miniwargaming just released a batrep on youtube, Ultras v Alpha Legion.

It perfectly illustrates why super high priced walkers like this, that aren't a super heavy/MC/gargantuan aren't a good idea... :-(

Edited by Ishagu

It perfectly illustrates why super high priced walkers like this, that aren't a super heavy/MC/gargantuan aren't a good idea... :-(

I'm not sure that a footslogging double dakka leviathan really shows off the unit's tactical potential.

I'm not sure that a footslogging double dakka leviathan really shows off the unit's tactical potential.

Yeah this is exactly what I thought also. That video reinforced what I thought was already a must-do, put those things in a DDP.

Yeah this is exactly what I thought also. That video reinforced what I thought was already a must-do, put those things in a DDP.

Exactly this.

It essentially gives the Levi 3 more AV12 hp and shrouded on top of getting him close to his target. 

In terms of models for the DDPs - is it possible to get away with plastic GW ones in order to avoid spending 64 GBP on the FW one? Sorry if I sound silly, but spending so much on the DP just feels a bit overpriced, considering that I could actually get another Levi for the same price (as one of many examples). Cheers!

Although getting the GW plastic one may definitely save money and time, I have found this article after poking around a little bit. It tells you how a guy made his own from scratch: 

http://santacruzwarhammer.blogspot.co.uk/2007/11/low-buck-drop-pods-that-dont-suck.html

It will be a while before I can even get my hands on a Levi, but it may be a nice way to do some building of my own and perhaps save lots of money. Let me know what you think!