Cadmus Tyro Xth and XXth blog: Terror Squad

Cadmus Tyro

Sweet. Second improved version of the Praetor I've seen today, and by God is he turning out good.

Think that's the best use/conversion of the Praetor Tribune I've seen yet, superb work!

Thanks guys, I'll hopefully have time over the next few days to finish him off! The detail of the tribune sculpt is fantastic, I'm hoping the new Plastic Tartarus terminators are scaled up to match him.

Cadmus Tyro:

gallery_87021_11487_324192.jpg

"I have seen the destruction of dynasties and the degradation of Empires, Worlds ravaged and lives destroyed. I have seen comrades killed and watched my father die.

None of this sways my emotion as this; today I have witnessed the death of a dream, an ideal so perfect in its conception yet more fragile than any could have imagined.

The perfect son, to shatter the perfect dream. Horus the warmaster, the world breaker, the slayer of tyrants. To call Horus the destroyer of dreams seems childlike, a title unfitting for such a character, and yet, this is perhaps his greatest achievement.

What hope is left for humanity? Can we stand against the tide? We are the iron tenth and we will walk the storm, even if it rages for eternity....."

Cadmus Tyro

Istvaan V atrocity

Log entry: 567.010.M31

gallery_87021_11487_252503.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_290834.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_369644.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_446504.jpg

Slowly re-arming my iron hands tactical marines with spare Tigrus and Umbra Ferrox bolters, they are a rag tag bunch of mixed armour marks (2-6), some from the early days with the old red scorpions conversion kit. Still very WIP:

gallery_87021_11487_21597.jpg

Slowly getting the Xth ready for a trip to warhammer world.....

Excellent work Brother. 2 of my favourite legions and you are more than doing them justice. I really liked your fluff about the sneaky dreadnought antics, these Alpha Legion eh, pulling of tricks like that, deary me.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Perhaps that alpha story is a little far fetched, or perhaps not.....

• 2 weeks later...

Liking the Vindicator, loving the Support Squad (especially the Sergeant's quote!), and the Tactical Squad looks terrific. :tu:

Cheers mate, painting the vindicator brought back some nostalgic memories of second/third edition! I might even resurrect the second one.....

I dislike the Horus Heresy-era flamer but I love the tactical support sergeant's pose otherwise.

I like the tactical squad. It looks like mr. melta bomb's bolter case got some grey where it should be white though? Unless it happens on other tigrus bolters, I can't really see the same area on them in the pictures.

I dislike the Horus Heresy-era flamer but I love the tactical support sergeant's pose otherwise.

I like the tactical squad. It looks like mr. melta bomb's bolter case got some grey where it should be white though? Unless it happens on other tigrus bolters, I can't really see the same area on them in the pictures.

Yeah the photos aren't the best, they seem to have come out quite low resolution. I kept the left hand grip silver in colour on most of my Tigrus bolters, should the grip be the same colour as the casing?

No, it doesn't need to be the same color. You can even paint it as though it was wood if you wished so. I just thought it was a mistake or an oversight since I thought all the other tigrus grips were white.

Ah I see, I will leave it silver then, saves retouching the rest. I think the umbra Ferrox bolters look white underneath the left hand in the pictures as they don't have grips, which may break the uniformity a little. Thanks for the input!

Love these. Incredible work on the Alpha Legion. For some reason Tactical Squad in a classic Land Raider just makes sense. Hmm...

Thanks inquisitor, I need to get back to the alpha legion, just a few more iron hands to finish up for my 1500pt list.

Thought I would add a few slightly better photos of the tactical squad, the last ones did not do them justice!

gallery_87021_11487_92570.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_46554.jpg

I'm now working on the castellax, these guys have been half finished for a while, got them to the decal stage:

gallery_87021_11487_54130.jpg

Thoughts and comments welcome!

Cadmus