A Mordian march to glory

duz_

It dried a little more in the meanwhile

I think I'm gonna do a modified 5 with a 2:1 contrast to medium ratio. 

Yeh the colours on this tank depending on the lighting really messes with you.... When I was doing the gold under the lights I was somewhat regretting it, but once I turned off my hobby lights it looked great. 

Main hull done! 

Next up will be the tank commander (if I can find him :huh:) followed by the other fiddly bits. This should hopefully restore some sanity in the meanwhile.

I applied a gloss varnish to the tricolour on the side for some extra pop. I've never applied varnish by brush before and was concerned, but it worked exactly how I hoped! :biggrin:

large.1433392996_mach(1of4).JPG.c49e4515 

More shots:

Spoiler

large.570400444_mach(2of4).JPG.f46a50ac9

large.2071866079_mach(3of4).JPG.caafae97

large.684328752_mach(4of4).JPG.e32d03382

Great work Duz :thumbsup: 

It's been an age since i visited so took a lot of scrolling to catch up ! 

I love how this tank is coming along... :wub: 

What with the New Rogal Dorn coming and new Cadians.... i can feel that Imperial Guardsman itch coming on :laugh:

The gold trim was a great idea !

Cheers, M.

On 10/25/2022 at 4:41 AM, duz_ said:

Can't recall the last time I painted a Mordian... Feels good :biggrin:

large.20221024_203824.jpg.89370bf7548be0

Very old school tank commander....you had that lying around since 1995 or was a lucky find on ebay?

Ok Macharius officially done! (Although I might add some clear plastic to the tracks since they're kinda jagged and snap easily - this would help it glide).

Now I have to decide what to paint next to keep my roll going, I suspect I might take a brief pause and go back to some Custodes, before I pick up maybe some Mordian troops :woot:

large.559768137_mach(6of2).JPG.1103a3d76

Spoiler

large.1964745866_mach(5of2).JPG.3db16df2

• 4 months later...

I've slowly been working on some of the newer kits. I've almost got the Dorn fully assembled and magnetised

large.20230312_170145.jpg.366ff112d7fa6c

I've also finished the lord solar. I didn't really like the AOS vibe I was getting from him. So I clipped the halo on his helmet and that worked well. Now I'm figuring out the sword. Because of the positioning of it, it has ruled out any sabres. So I went through my SM kits and decided they all looked a bit bland compared to the new sculpt. So I might do the same thing as the helmet and just cut off the halo. Thoughts? 

large.20230313_191429.jpg.84eb8d655e3a12

large.20230313_192259.jpg.b9e8629aff43bc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, spafe said:

Your work looks amazing! should be proud of that

personally I'm a little dismayed at the scale difference, but thats nothing to do with your work.  Is it actually such a huge difference or is it a combo of the photo angle, the tactical rock etc and it acutally isnt too big a difference?

Thanks @spafe

Yeh the scale creep is real... Here's a comparison VS some stuff that was on my desk:

Spoiler

large.20230511_063120.jpg.68ad95c60dfa9c

3 hours ago, GreenScorpion said:

That looks really nice and I don't see any issues that would be noticeable after it gets painted :smile:

Are you planning to paint the model in a similar colour scheme as the rest of the mordians or are you going to make something slightly different to highlight the officer?

@GreenScorpionthat's what I'm hoping too! Yes he we will be standard Mordian colours. Previously I've used different shades of blue to highlight senior units. Not sure if I will or not this time. 

11 minutes ago, our_baz said:

excellent use of the green stuff for the epaulets.....(FYI Anvil Industries do sell epaulets 5 pair for £2)

Yeh I did think about 3rd party ones @our_baz. TBH between the scale and the pose I'm not sure they would have worked. Plus the shipping was killer :confused:

@duz_ Now that you have had the opportunity to build a few of the newer kits how do you think they are in terms of assembly and customization? I recall you had some issues with the rough riders, so I was wondering about your overall experience with your most recent additions to the pile of grey.