The Shattered Tenth: An Iron Hands Blog

Luna707

gallery_84811_11476_91445.jpg

Painting has begun! I'm going to use this opportunity to do a little Iron Hands paint scheme tutorial so keep an eye out for that in a couple weeks.

I think that size fits the lore conception of a weapon that can wielded with a chainsword without encumberance.

I've settled with a very mild lengthening of the weapon for this miniature at least, but I'm still not sure what I'm going to go with as I continue to make more. I'm definitely going to keep them on the smaller side though. Here's a wip:

gallery_84811_11476_101577.jpg

Solid effort as always brother, keep it up!

BCC

Thank you kindly brother!

Outstanding as usual, Luna707, that MkII Iron Hand is just brutal!

When you asked about the bolter, which I must say it did look a tiny bit small to me(probably due to years exposed to oversized weapons on miniatures), I realized that the hands also look a tad small in proportion to the vambrace, but again it might be being used to the big big hands of heroic scale.

Looking forward to see the MkII marine fully painted, and to see some of his brothers soon!

Progress in between life events!

Still working on the painting (funny enough, I forgot to buy matt varnish so I am waiting for that to come in the mail right now) but I did a test fit with a primaris head and it actually worked really well with the scale. Unfortunately I think most resin heads will be a tad too small, I'll just have to add a bit of 30k to the primaris stuff:

gallery_84811_11476_262660.jpg

Also here is a shot of the upscaling I did on the backpack (I have since fixed the uneven top):

gallery_84811_11476_997891.jpg

That dude is gargantuan, looking forward to see it finished and posing with mortals.

Thanks man, same here!

Outstanding as usual, Luna707, that MkII Iron Hand is just brutal!

When you asked about the bolter, which I must say it did look a tiny bit small to me(probably due to years exposed to oversized weapons on miniatures), I realized that the hands also look a tad small in proportion to the vambrace, but again it might be being used to the big big hands of heroic scale.

Looking forward to see the MkII marine fully painted, and to see some of his brothers soon!

Thanks man! Yeah, from some angles the hands do look a bit small but I am trying to err on the side of caution with this stuff. I would rather them be a bit smaller and emphasize the size of the armor rather than be too large and risk looking cartoony. As for the bolter, I went with a modest upscaling and I am pretty happy with how it came out:

gallery_84811_11476_785820.jpg

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

Edited by Luna707

Alright everyone, here he is! My first "historically accurate" truescale MkII! I am overjoyed with how this model came out, it is truly the culmination of everything I have learned thus far in converting, sculpting, and kit bashing Warhammer miniatures. When I came back to the hobby a few years ago, creating a model that accurately reflected the beautiful art of Warhammer was always my ultimate dream. This week I've come closer to that dream than I ever have before and I am honestly sentimental. Thank you all for going on this ride with me, I look forward to showing you many more of these guys in the future!

gallery_84811_11476_773392.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_484886.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_16821.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_1228756.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_339388.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_672069.jpg

Fantastic job - look suitably fearsome! Will be great to see in some pics next to some imperial guard or something once finished, to show the true sense of scale.

Little scale shot for you

gallery_84811_11476_723321.jpg

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

• 1 month later...

Took a few cool shots of the boys the other day:

gallery_84811_11476_1098720.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_183736.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_503315.jpg

I'm happy, the MkII fits right in!

He looks even better with paint on, as ususal the weathering is really nicely done too.

Thanks man! I tend to over weather my models but god I love the way it looks hahaha

Thanks for stopping by!