SW1's Wolves

SW1

I've finally found a way to make that half arsed SW Mohawk head usable (the one with it just on one side). Just slice it off and add hair texture. Makes a rather rugged looking head once it's had a snip. ;):p

Why not?

When I finally get around to having a game I don't want to be limited by the models I have. So having all combinations available to me has an appeal.

The number of characters won't seem so out of proportion once I've painted up the Legion of models I have to work through either. ;)

So I've got 5 TDA WG with claws and 5 BaC missile launchers built. I'll be adding some extra bits to model flakk upgrade. I'll build another 5 TDA with claws and combine with 5 plasma cannons.

Taking them as:

5x (Long Fang Packs with missile launcher + flakk and WG in TDA with pair of claws) which comes to 5 x 105 = 525

5x (Long Fang Packs with plasma cannon and WG in TDA with pair of claws) which comes to 5 x 95 = 475

Will need to re-work the planned vow.

Thinking of this vow ... Just need to check the points add up. :p

I SW1 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

235 - Wolf Lord in Armour of Asvald Stormwrack with Pelt of Balewolf, Fellclaws Teeth, digi weapons, thunder hammer and stormshield

135 - Rune Priest in RA with psychic hood, Frostfury, jump pack and digi weapons

110 - Rune Priest in TDA with, psychic hood, digital weapons, storm bolter

105 - Rune Priest in RA with digital weapons, psychic hood

110 - Iron Wolf Priest with tempest hammer, helfrost pistol and digi weapons

330 - wolf guard pack all with jump packs thunder hammers and stormshields

155 - wolf guard pack all with combi weapons and a single power weapon

155 - wolf guard pack all with combi weapons and a single power weapon

160 - Skyclaws Pack with 2 meltaguns, power fist and wolf guard with pair of wolf claws

160 - Skyclaws Pack with 2 meltaguns, power fist and wolf guard with pair of wolf claws

125 - Skyclaws Pack with 2 flamers and wolf guard with pair of wolf claws

105 - Long Fang Pack with missile launcher + flakk and WG in TDA with pair of wolf claws

105 - Long Fang Pack with missile launcher + flakk and WG in TDA with pair of wolf claws

95 - Long Fang Pack with plasma cannon and WG in TDA with pair of wolf claws

from Codex: Space Wolves of total value 3,000 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

It took me 11 days to paint up 18 models so that's about 1.6 models a day. So the 57 models in this vow should take me 35 days so 5 weeks is a reasonable target.

Whoops ... How did it get well past 4am?!?!?!

It seems that those dropper bottles of airbrush paint run out after a bit. Well into the second bottle now. I've got the 3 Skyclaw Packs base coated grey and started to grey up some of the TDA.

I think I'll concentrate on getting the Claws and attached WG painted up and then the next lot.

I think for the next lot a light dusting of automotive primer and then hit with the airbrush paints will work quicker. I also need more pots with hotglued push pins on the tops so I can get the rest prepped ready for painting.

So the painting starts for the Skyclaws:

gallery_25187_11901_231407.jpg

gallery_25187_11901_86124.jpg

gallery_25187_11901_17704.jpg

gallery_25187_11901_34364.jpg

The Void Claws that are built have been mounted on pins with the bottom 3 having now been sprayed:

gallery_25187_11901_283955.jpg

Here's a better pic of their heads:

gallery_25187_11901_365438.jpg

It's the wolf helmet that comes with the PA kit for the SW's. The same one I used in the wolf priests in the previous vows.

Just sliced the head from just below the top lip horizontally to just below the ear. The whipped off the ears and trimmed the back of the heads to fit. It took a few tries before worked out where to trim.

As a quick update I checked how quick I could get a few models up to the washed stage and I got 3 done in about 40 mins. So if I can get a few hours of work done on them I should have the bulk of the work done on the Skyclaws. :p

The bits have slowly been worked on. I've now got 5 out of 10 plasma gun models built to go with the planned 20 bolters. Mix in a handful of power fists, power weapons, plasma pistols and 10 wolf guard and there's the starting point for my grey hunters and also my first units for the HH. :) :p

Can't really post pics as the internet connection is crap. Will do a photo dump when I'm back. ;)

Ended up doing no more on the models while away. My little girl decided to climb, falling and getting concussion. So we've spent a day/night up at the nearest hospital (40+ miles away from the place we're staying) and then had to have a quiet last couple of days. Glad we were doing a big family holiday so grandma and granddad could keep the lads occupied while we were up at the hospital. She's perked up today just in time to head home.

Should start powering through my vow over the next couple of days.

Back from hold and got the weekend off work. Planned to get some painting done but the wife has decided that I need to do some sorting out of the house.

Managed to sneak in some hobby related sorting out and located my empty paint pots. So I can glue all the models to pots and get them sprayed up. :p

Final day off before back to work and I was planning on getting a few hours in painting. Gonna scrub that idea and crash out. Got talked (nagged) into doing some work on the house.

Lol ... The job went from what I thought would take a few hours (replacing 4 damaged tiles in the kitchen) to all day (re-grouting half the kitchen after replacing the tiles). Guess I should have known it would happen.

Crashing out early was the onset of Pappa Nurgle paying a visit to the house. Only just starting to feel better now.

Not really made any headway this week with the models upto now. However I couldn't sleep so I've got the bulk of the drilling of the feet out of the way. So it's next up drilling metal jump packs and random back packs required for the vow.

Then I can get back to painting.

Had my first proper painting session last night with a fair bit of catch up to do. To finish this vow within the 5 week target I should of completed around 26 models by now. In reality I've only completed a single Void Claw upto now.

However as of last night 15 bloodclaws with attached wolf guard are well underway. The combi plasma weapons for one of the WG units have just been finished as well. The painting machine is being powered up. :p

Casting bases won't be happening any time soon so working through manually producing some.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/185719-image/

So much prefer casting bases in comparison to gluing textured stuff to the top, trimming it close, filing the textured stuff to match the base shape and then finally scraping the sides to remove any glue.

My brother came over yesterday and got some painting done on his model. I thought I was liberal with washes but he might as well have dipped it. :lol:

I got some more done on the Skyclaws, actually finished one of the WGPL and two of the packs claws just need jump packs painting to be finished. The 12 others are close to finishing (all need leather/bone bits washing and then the final layer of grey on them.

In a rush to work so pics tonight hopefully.

Got a step closer to finishing the 3 Skyclaws packs. Got the final washes out of the way and finished off painting the bases.

Really need to get some more Vallejo paints as the supplies are running low. Feeling quite positive about getting this vow done in the 5 week target even though I didn't really get much done in the first 2 of the 5 weeks. So the aim is still vow completion by the 5th of July!!!

Hmmm ... That'll give me another 45 days to slip in another vow or three. :tu:

Thats a shame about being ill.

I am glad that you are back to it and making progress.

I stalled out a bit this week. Then rig bound for 3 so very little will get done.

Will push with the vehicles tonight and get them done when I get back.

Good work fella :tu:

Archived