The Observer's 30k Stuff - Holguin Conversion

Man, so many great comments, thanks everybody!

@OakRiver: Thanks a lot man!

@Pearson73: Cheers mate, glad you like the use of the Mor Deythan!

@Aramis K: Thank you for the kind words! I absolutely love the FW sculpt, but while the pose is a bit plain, the spear is just abyssmal.

@Vairocanum: Cheers man! Yeah I can't wait to see him done, the armour should make for some fascinating surfaces.

@hushrong: Thanks mate! So happy people enjoy this specific miniature so much as Omegon is by far my favorite primarch next to Sanguinius.

@Markus_: Thanks a lot! Big fan of your Death Guard :smile.:

@Mors Vincit: Go ahead and take as much as you like; very flattered by that :biggrin.:

@Brother Pheidias: Haha, I wish they were :biggrin.: The fully realised magos pics will be going up sometime this week in the Unification Era thread, but you can see a preview in the ETL Traitor thread already.

So, today is a bit different of an update. Namely; my ETL Vow number II!

I, The Observer, rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Warmaster and the Omnissiah, to which end I vow the following:

1 Omegon in the garb of his brother (Using Alpharius' profile and entry) of 415 points of value.
1 Omegon in his own Ifrit garb (Using Alpharius' profile and entry again) of 415 points of value.
1 five man unit of Alpha Legion Veterans with the Marksmen upgrade and the veteran sergeant having the power dagger and artificer armour upgrade, all at the value of 115 points.
2 units of three Castellax Battle Automata. Each unit replaces all bolters with flamers and has Enhanced Targeting Arrays. Each unit comes at a value of 390 points.
1 Thanatar Siege Engine with Enhanced Targeting Arrays and the Paragon of Metal upgrade at a value of 300 points.
1 Archmagos Prime with the Macrotek Arcana, Djinn Skein, a Mastercrafted Paragon Blade, a Machinator Array, an Augury Scanner, Cortex Controller, Photon Thruster and Photon Gauntlet for a value of 275 points.

The whole vow comes in at a total value of 2300 points and is to be completed on or before August the 1st, 2018.

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For the Emperor.

Pre-painting pictures:

nEgyTaZ.jpg?1

1tnTJwW.jpg?1

ep0S0CW.jpg?1

5RE7IyU.jpg?1

lnokIG4.jpg?1

qzBSsNC.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks! Got something rather huge for ya today :smile.:

@lionofjudah: It is the metal hand from the Cawl Kit :smile.:

@Gederas: DingDingDing!!

@Vairocanum: Cheers mate! Painting is comming along swimmingly!

As I promised; badabing badaboom!

yFpKu3Z.jpg?2

Lord Sigfrid of house Crninav joins the fray! I am currently looking at a black and teal scheme with gold trim, but we'll see. That is everything for now; Omegon is almost done and so is the Thanatar!

Hello good looking!

And is that an Ursus claw?

*heavy breathing ensues..

Yeah, that's the main reason why I wanted the Knight Valiant. It's got the Kill, it's got the Maim, and with a super flamer, it's got the Burn. And that giant harpoon allows it to fire the Ursus claws

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks, it has been a while!

@hushrong: Thanks man! Yeah it is probably the closest to an Ursus Claw we will ever get^^ Comes with the Knight Valiant kit!

@Gederas: A man of taste, I see ;)

@Pearson73: The basic colours are already down, transfers too! Weathering is next :)

Today I have a couple of WiPs for ya!

iGKJVPs.jpg?1
7qISr1A.jpg?1
LrhQ6W1.jpg?1

First we have a finished BA Veteran. Body and arms are from the Plague Marine kit. Bolter and Backpack is from the plastic mk III kit. Head is from the DG upgrade kit. Shoulders are from the Varagyr kit. Very happy with him, just needs a base!

rlY4NBQ.jpg?1
engylSw.jpg?1

Here we have a Hammernator Sergeant! This is the first indomitus terminator I have done in about a decade and it was some great fun! Still need to do the base.

booYbvL.jpg?1
D0AR6aF.jpg?1

Here we have the beginning of a golden Allarus terminator. Some of you might have already seen my Blackclad custodes, but I have been trying to do a nice goldscheme for the eventual release of the Emperor and I think I have nailed the armour. What are your thoughts?

Now, where am I with my ETL Vow II? Well, I had to strip my spear armed Omegon because my scheme just would not work with all the scales and it was frustrating as all hell. What I wound up doing is stripping him, replacing head and haft (went for a head without bionic eye and for a more uniform haft), and digging out all scales and then greenstuffing smooth armour plates. The blue is finished and I am currently placing transfers on him. All I can say is that it was the right decision to do, as it is MILES better this way, in my opinion. Update shots will follow soon (Got a busy weekend before me). My AL veterans are enarly done, as is the Thanatar. The castellax are still early days and the magos I haven't even started yet.

It is very unlikely that I will get my Vow done, as I do not feel like rushing my process, actually want to strip my second omegon conversion too, and am currently working on an article for the upcoming non profit digital hobby magazine 28. As you can imagine, this is a unique opportunity for me and an immense honour, so, naturally, my focus is put on getting that done as well as possible.

I am also getting ready for my exchange semester (I am leaving my country in about a month) and am preparing a small 40k Blood Angels army that I can take with me and have some games while I am in Berlin. This all means that I will most likely fail my 2nd vow, which is not too tragic for me as I'd rather have my minis done properly and in a way that I am proud of them, plus I have different priorities currently.

In any case, there will be a couple more updates before I take a 6 months hiatus from painting minis (There will still be battle reports and art however). Proper miniature work will most likely return end of February 2019. I hope y'all understand that, even if it is a lot. As I said, there will certainly be more content, but more of a drawn nature than anything else.

Thanks for everything. C&C is, as always, very much appreciated. Have a nice day!

Beautiful update! Everything is looking jaw dropping as usual.

I am really taken with that tactical marine. Is most of his body a plastic DG part? Like the legs? I am also super curious about the head and shoulder pads. Very curious as to where those came from.

Upon Wings of Fire and Blood

Beware, for these are the hosts of Sanguinius, thrice blessed by Him-Who-Sits-Upon-The-Throne!

Behold, their livery known across the Imperium of man, from Terra to the Rimworlds!

The scarlet of the brave blood, both taken from the enemy and offered freely so that we may live!

The black of cinders and marble, to commemorate what has been lost in the pursuit of unity!

The gold, gleaming like sun, bestowed by the Emperor, whom they protected with limb and life!

The white of Sanguinius' pinions, broken and bloodied so that we may soar towards our destiny!

---Preacher Makhoran, Second day of Sanguinala---

zpn2373.jpg?1

Veteran-Sergeant Ante, 1st Company "The Archangels", Assault Terminator Squad Bellarius

WBRxuo2.jpg?1

Veteran-Sergeant Julianus, 3rd Company "The Ironhelms", Assault Squad Sentini

OaZ8OrM.jpg?1

Battle-Brother Viriin, 3rd Company "The Ironhelms", Assault Squad Sentini

LB1Aesf.jpg?1

Battle-Brother Sergio, 3rd Company "The Ironhelms", Assault Squad Sentini

tXblEKh.jpg?1

Battle-Brother Kizzero, 3rd Company "The Ironhelms", Assault Squad Sentini

I61xADI.jpg?1

Battle-Brother Nariel, 3rd Company "The Ironhelms", Assault Squad Sentini

ZUtEPBu.jpg?1

Perditus Sintarael, 3rd Company "The Ironhelms", Company of the Dead

4FNWbVq.jpg?1

Captain Erasmus Tycho, The Master of Sacrifice and the Fallen Star

Former Captain of the 3rd Company "The Ironhelms"

-------------------------

Hey folks, quick update on my 40k Blood Angels :) Built my Death Company Dreadnought, nearly done with my Erasmus Tycho kitbash, quickly whipped up an Assault squad and in the process of finishing one of two hammernator squads :)

@Bjorn Firewalker: Cheers man!

@Hushrong: Thanks mate! As written beneath the image, the Tactical Marine indeed is mostly DG plastics! Body(Torso and Legs) and arms are from the Plague Marine kit. Bolter and Backpack are from the plastic mk III kit. Head is from the DG upgrade kit. Shoulders are from the FW Varagyr kit.

@KrautScientist: Thanks a lot mate! Yeah the extra bulk was the main motivator to try this out :) This body in particular was pretty easy to de-nurglify, but after looking over the kit I can confidently say that 5 out of 7 Plague marines can be turned into regular, extra bulky mark III marines, however that will take varying levels of cutting and resculpting, depending on the torso. Hope that helps!

Anyways, that is all I have atm. More is comming soon though, mostly Blood Angels, but also some Unification Era and Alpha Legion related stuff :) C&C is, as always, much appreciated and welcome. Have a nice day!

Another fantastic update!

The assault marines look great! Excellent use of bits and posing there. I also really like the death company dread, Perditus. His pose looks fantastic. Did you do something to his legs to repose or is the torso sitting at an angle on the legs? Your Tycho conversion just hits it out of the park!

I love the artwork and the décor that the Blood Angels have. It's quintessential grim dark to me. And now I want some of that for a kill team.

• 4 months later...

Killteam Daimon

Amongst a hundred men, there may be none fit for the Adeptus Astartes.

Amongst a hundred Space Marines, there may be one fit for the Deathwatch.

---Watch Captain Brand---

We are all cousins and brethren, no matter our history, no matter our chapter, no matter our glories or sins.

Some of us have come here, because they are the greatest their chapter has to offer.

Some of us have come here, because they seek to atone for our own sins.

Some of us have come here, because they seek to atone for other's sins.

Many reasons, but unified by one purpose.

Here, there is no place for mistrust.

We all bear the black now.

---Watch Captain Inominus---

476.M35 The Khynerean Insurrection: Following the Nova Terra Interregnum, there has been a stark upswing

in activity of minor, psychically active Xenos races such as the Sehkan, the Laghar or the Syrum-Conclaves.

Most worrying though, the Khynerean, a breed of Chaos-tainted xenos thought exterminated by Imperial forces sometime during

m33, has resurfaced in the Ralyti Cluster within the deep-southern reaches of Segmentum Tempestus. There,

the Khynerean have begun infiltrating imperial backwater-planets via high-grade telepathic manipulation. Much

like in earlier millenia, this particular form of xenos propagates itself via insertion into foreign structures and

bending any form of industry towards their own expanionist goals. While quite apt at telepathic manipulation, imperial

records show that the Khynerean only seem to be capable of dominating the minds of weak-willed individuals, such

as the common Imperial citizen. Their abilities have shown only moderate success with soldiers of the imperial army,

and barely any with inquisitorial regiments, the Adeptus Astartes or the soldiers of the Mechanicum.

As such, the Conclavus-Vigilantii of the Ordo Xenos has deigned it necessary to dispatch a single Deathwatch Killteam

numbering ten individuals; Killteam Daimon. In addition, the Imperial Household has been petitioned for support in any

shape or form that is expendable in these trying times.

Support has been granted in the shape of a single squad of the Gromovni, one of the regiments of the Y'goslavian

Partisanal Army, one of the surviving Old One-Hundred that still remains oathbound to the Imperial Throne. This

squad, so the data-scrolls are to be believed, numbers five individuals plus a single Charonite Ogryn.

This is their story.

wxxJhPC.jpg?1

>>>>>IDENTITY: Frater-Epistolarius Saban<<<<<

>>>>>CHAPTER:Excorcists<<<<<

>>>>>LINEAGE:-REDACTED-<<<<<

>>>>>AGE: 362 Standard Terran Years<<<<<

>>>>>PLEDGED SERVICE: 50 Standard Years (37 Already Served)<<<<<

Frater-Epistolarius Saban's assignment to this mission is owed to many reasons. As all of the Adeptus Astartes, and the Deathwatch in particular, he is an individual of great mental and physical prowess. Indeed, Saban's skill with the blade is such that no present sword-master of the Lion's progeny at Watch-Station Veneras has managed to best him. Only Fabian of the Blood Drinkers, the leader of Killteam Daimon, and Sword-Brother Heleon of the Black Templars have won their sparring matches against Saban.

Great as it is, his blade-work is only of tertiary relevance to the mission. Much more, it is the indomitable nature of his chapter's will and his training as a telepath and telekine that has made Saban the unquestionably correct choice for this mission. Indeed, as an Excorcist, Saban is used to rooting out and exterminating all manners of Chaos-tainted forces, which would prove to be of immeasurable value to the Deathwatch.

oSAj1f6.jpg?1

>>>>>IDENTITY: Frater Lorentius<<<<<

>>>>>CHAPTER: Scythes of the Emperor<<<<<

>>>>>LINEAGE: Roboute Guillaume<<<<<

>>>>>AGE: 152 Standard Terran Years<<<<<

>>>>>PLEDGED SERVICE: 40 Standard Terran Years (12 Already Served)<<<<<

Lorentius, hailing from a chapter famed for their crusades against the Xenos, has proven his worth thrice-over in the short span that he has served in the Deathwatch. Always relying on his combat-blade "Ankleshank", named such for the horrid wound that had brought low Waaaghboss Agkhilluz, Lorentius prefers to get close and personal with the enemy. Unusual for a son of Guillaume, he can oftentimes be found engraving and subtly decorating his armour. As such, he has spent much time with those watch-brothers that share the lineage of Sanguinius and, to a lesser extent, that of Vulkan, for they too put great value into the aesthetic modification of their equipment.

This has gained him much scorn from Frater-Techmarine Iastur of the Iron Hands, a particularly bellicose individual and one that has little left for such, as he puts it, 'shenanigans'. What follows, is a transcript of one such verbal incident between Lorentius (L) and Iastur (I)

>>>I: Had the Emperor wanted you to waste your time with art, he would have made you a Blood Angel. Or better yet, a chapter serf.<<<

>>>L: Had the Emperor wanted me to waste my time with being mindlessly efficient, he would have made me a servitor. Or better yet, he'd have given me an iron hand.<<<

M4E9IC2.jpg?1

>>>>>IDENTITY: Frater Lazar<<<<<

>>>>>CHAPTER: The Emperor's Reavers<<<<<

>>>>>LINEAGE: -REDACTED-<<<<<

>>>>>AGE: 417 Standard Terran Years<<<<<

>>>>>PLEDGED SERVICE: Penance; Completed at own discretion (96 STY Already Served)<<<<<

Lazar, scion of the ever-secretive chapter of the Emperor's Reavers, had not begun his service with the Deathwatch at Watch Station Veneras, but at the vaunted Watch-Fortress Erioch, where he had been gifted with a single pauldron of power-armour from the Omega Vault's endless chambers. Said to have belonged to an ancient hero of his chapter, it is unclear what, if any, message this gift had imparted upon Lazar, for he chose not to speak of it.

None, save for the Watch-Commander, know the exact reasons for why Lazar undertook penance with the Deathwatch, but most speculate that it pertains to some blemish in his service with his chapter that he now seeks to attone for. Whatever the reason might be, Lazar has proven himself to be a steadfast and jovial ally, and a marksman of such quality that both those of Dorn's and Corax' lineage seek his counsel both in terms of weapon-modification and technique.

SAX18vE.jpg?1

>>>>>IDENTITY: Frater Oriun<<<<<

>>>>>CHAPTER: Crimson Guard<<<<<

>>>>>LINEAGE: Unknown <<<<<

>>>>>AGE: 241 Standard Terran Years<<<<<

>>>>>PLEDGED SERVICE: 25 Standard Terran Years (8 Already Completed)<<<<<

Oriun has not served the Deathwatch for long, and he stands to learn much, but what he is lacking in terms of experience and skill, he makes up with an iron obedience and absolute clarity of mind. Never once has he questioned an order, no matter the personal injury it might have brought upon him and not once has he abandoned his post unless given express order to do so.

Oftentimes we like to forget that even amongst the vaunted Astartes and the Deathwatch, not all are cut out to be grand leaders of warriors of unparalleled skill; and neither should they be. While the Imperium has been erected by great minds and even greater tacticians, won by blades and guns wielded by the greatest warriors, it has also been held and fortified by those very men and women that were good at following orders. To say that such a role in history is shameful or even undesirable, is to do great injustice to most of the Imperial war-machinery, and thus the Imperium itself. Were it not for men and women like Oriun, the Imperium would not only have fallen long ago, it would have never stood in the first place.

BRzQ7wA.jpg?1

>>>>>IDENTITY: Frater Albreht<<<<<

>>>>>CHAPTER: Black Templars<<<<<

>>>>>LINEAGE: Rogal Dorn<<<<<

>>>>>AGE: 263 Standard Terran Years<<<<<

>>>>>PLEDGED SERVICE: 30 Standard Terran Years (16 Already Completed)<<<<<

Albreht, a silent and taciturn Black Templar, took by far the longest to acclimatize to the Deathwatch, as it so often is with fraters hailing from his chapter. The Deathwatch is not an organization of blazing guns and grand, personal valour. It is one of cold, calculated efficiency and necessity, and as such our creed of war stands at odds with that of the Black Templars. Nevertheless, even the most stubborn piece of iron can be forged into an immaculate sword if heated and hammered enough, and just such a blade Albreht has become. While still not fully abandoning the fire-based weaponry that his chapter so adores, he has learned much from his brethren and cousins at the Watch Station.

In particular it seems that his conversations and training with frater Khiarun of the Raven Guard, frater Pawara of the Carcharodons and Watch-Captain Inominus. a blackshield, have furthered the development of his character the most. Pawara and Inominus would go on to join Killteam Daimon for this mission, and both would only sing praise of his service.

------------------------------

Hey folks, long time no see :) I'm back at my table over christmas and I had this really bad itch to build something quick and fun, so I continued my deathwatch project! You will see some of the previous Deathwatch marines in this, and some new ones (Nominally a blackshield, a red talon, a mantis warrior, a carcharodon and a raven guard)

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks mate! :)

@Hushrong: Thanks for the many kind words! Actually, I did cut apart the dreadnought legs at the knees and hips, just so I could see what could be done with them posing-wise (Not terrribly much, but its something).

@Sockwithaticket: Word.

@Pearson73: Thanks man! Building this Tycho rendition has been great fun; I am actually looking into building some more less-prominent characters :)

@Markus_:Thanks a bunch mate!

That's all for today, hope you liked it! C&C is, as always, much appreciated! Have a nice day!

• 2 weeks later...

@Soldier of Dorn: Thanks man! Yeah, the Reavers shall reappear sooner or later, I am currently plucking away at their Index article :smile.:

So, I have experimented a bit, and I have painted a Red Talon as a little excercise to get back into painting red:

GkpjvS9.jpg?1
GzqIVdC.jpg?1
vuAnMKe.jpg?1
ReAKo9s.jpg?1

I quite enjoyed painting something red that isn't Blood Angels (Though do not worry, once Malevolence hits the shelves I will be all over that Horus Heresy Blood Angels goodness). I think I will do a small force of Red Talons, mostly primaris, and for that purpose I have already primed a Lieutnant/Captain, have a looksie....

OAfu1xD.jpg?1

Anyways, that's all for today. C&C is, as always, much appreciated! Have a good day :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ω

XX

Cold Void

Pythian Slumber

Rebirth

Kaya had been born on a castaway planet somewhere in the galactic west, a boulder of sand and rock that might as well have been nameless, were it not for its artisanal manufacture of weaponry. Like many of her bloodline, she had been taught the art of gunsmithing and had produced many a fine piece. Two of them weighed heavily inside her coat. Countless times she’d taken the magazine out, counted the rounds, put it back in and repeated the process. There wasn’t much else to do.
            About a month ago, she had been roused from her sleep by a sharp searing migraine in the middle of a starlit night. Thoughts and unknown memories had unfolded within her skull, memories of a place she had never been to, thoughts that had not been her own. The thoughts, chaotic as they might have been, had one constant: The Alpha and the Omega. Two ancient, Terran letters, one superimposed over the other. The First and the Last. The beginning and the end. The Alpha and the Omega.
            Kaya’s mind had led her to a place far from home, into dunes that few dared cross, on account of the beasts that roamed the land. Yet, the path had been cleared, littered with corpses of raiders and animals alike; an easy meal for any starving predator, but few beasts were stupid enough to willingly close in on a charnel house. Something had, after all, caused this massacre. Something bigger and stronger. Eventually, Kaya had reached a camouflaged tarp at the bottom of a sandpit. Pulling it back had revealed a space-capable vessel in deep black colour and a metallic emerald symbol gleaming on its side.
            The Alpha and the Omega. She remembered little else between then and now. The searing and the hissing in her mind must have guided her. Or perhaps it had been the internal cogitator of the ship. Kaya didn’t know. She had waited in the dark for two standard solar weeks. Two weeks of absolute silence, dead engines and warmth slowly seeping away into the void. She didn’t know what she was waiting for either. The gunsmith just knew that she was supposed to wait. Then, between the cold stars she saw something shift and cover some of the white specks. Something long, angular; another ship.
            The cogitator burst to life and illegible code rolled down the screen. Kaya’s eyes were glued to it; again her mind screamed with new thoughts. She blacked out.

ih4oCxM.jpg?1

Kaya awoke on the bridge of an unknown ship with her stiff fingers keying in a password into the main cogitator. Where was she? The ship was rather…unadorned. No huge gothic arches, no gargoyles. Barely any servitors either. No decorations in the Emperor’s honour.
            Her eyes turned towards the ceiling and there she saw banners upon banners hanging, most obscured by the deep dark of the still dead bridge. She squinted and with a bit of focus a symbol appeared within the dark. A three-headed hydra.
            Kaya was walking down the dark hallways, ignorant as to how or why she knew the path but following it nonetheless. It seemed like the only natural choice; like breathing or eating. What else was she to do except walk down to wherever this path led her? The temperature was dropping again, and her breath became thick, billowing vapour in the air. Light, cold and sterile, flooded the hallways and revealed myriads of pods on the walls. She halted to look into one of them. Kaya’s heart skipped a beat.
            The huge frame, the wide, layered shoulders, ancient gun in one hand and ornate axe in the other. This was a space marine. An angel of death. The eyes were a flickering, mostly dull-red, still slumbering, but with a faint stirring in the heavy, petrol-blue and emerald armour. 
            Kaya’s mind compelled her to continue on down the hallway. Where just a second ago the dark had occluded her sight, she now saw a dais rising above the chambers. Even from the bottom of the stairs, she could make out another angel of death. Yet, it seemed titanic compared to the others. As she ascended, Kaya’s awe only grew. The figure was easily twice her height, if not more. Scales, chains and snakes wound around and across the plates. It was seated on a throne, staring down the path she had come from and across its knees rested a two-headed spear. This angel of death seemed different though. Not just in size, but the plate seemed empty. She tapped her fingers against it, and sure enough, there was a distinct, if barely audible, hollow ring.
            The dark behind the throne beckoned.

QwTaeIf.jpg?1

The last pod stood alone, far away from the others. It was bigger, covered in more plates; as if it had been fortified in case somebody else would’ve breached the ship. Upon the plates, emblazoned in black and circled by a chain, was the Omega, but devoid of its counterpart, the Alpha.
            The machinery around the pod hissed to life and glowing cracks appeared along the seams of the plates. Dry-ice clouds billowed out of the container as Kaya closed in to see what rested inside. A dark-blue gauntlet snapped forward and lifted her up by the neck. In the white mist, a red dot and lens glowed with malicious intent.
            “Sihmairan-Neverae-Sigvult” The words meant nothing to her, though truth be told she did not even listen properly as a giant stepped from the pod “Report.”
            Kaya opened her mouth to plead for her life, to explain that she did not know where she was, when her mind was hit with another wall of information. The words in and on themselves meant nothing. Idioglossia. They were meant to trigger mental sub-routines within her, and only her.
            Her mind spun back the events of the past few years; a solid decade worth of events. The Thirteenth Crusade. The Fall of Cadia. The Return of Lord Guilliman. The Great Rift. The Plague Wars. Events she had never picked up consciously, but merely by listening to her surrounding, by occasionally conversing with the individuals that came from far and wide to purchase her goods. Her mouth moved on its own accord as she succinctly summarised all of it.
            “Code Zagrabit; threat level Calamity.” She gasped. The hand relaxed and he put her down; almost gingerly.
            “Much has changed in the last millennium” The giant uttered with a voice that made Kaya’s torso reverberate “There is much work to be done. This is…unforeseen. Plans need to be altered. Operative, at my side. We must raise the legion.”

WdjK4sr.jpg?1

“Who are you?” The gunsmith inquired as they passed by the rows and rows of stirring warriors.
            “I am Alpharius.” He answered solemnly. Her keen eyes took in the fine details and workmanship of his armour. The chain markings, the twisting hydras and even the Alpha and Omega. Most curiously though, there was a circled, sole Omega on his shoulder. The same symbol that was carved into his pod.
            “I do not recognize you, or your chapter from the Ecclesiarchy’s paintings.” She continued her inquiry.
            “No, of course you don’t” Alpharius said with a deep chuckle “We were never much for paintings. The Blood Angels and the Emperor’s Children, now those you’d see on murals and canvas alike. The Alpha Legion prefers to stay in the shadows; our hand should be unseen.”
            Kaya nodded, though she understood little. The Blood Angels she, of course, knew. Who didn’t? Who was not familiar with their great father Sanguinius; the Angel? But Alpha Legion? Emperor’s Children?
            The ship was coming to life around them and sensor-studded servitors emerged from hidden alcoves and chambers. Their flesh was still slick with preservative fluids. Cogitators buzzed up and the faint thrum of vast plasma-generators made the floor vibrate. Like a sleeping predator stretching after long hibernation, the ship felt the renewed pulse of energy in its veins.
            “You have done your work well, Operative” Alpharius finally spoke “Each great work begins with the first stone. This one was placed by you. Shame that you won’t see the completion of things.”
            “Lord Alpharius?” Kaya inquired as the space marine turned to face her; his burning red eyes like coals in the dark.
            “No, not Alpharius” He spoke as his fingers wrapped around her neck again “Omegon.”
            She was gone with a dry snap, left there for a servitor to get rid of before the legion fully awoke. No blood, no unnecessary mess. As it ought to be.

WQ6DNpv.jpg?1

Omegon overlooked the armour on the dais that had remained unchanged by time. Was that really his name? Was he the primarch? He was bigger, stronger, faster than his sons. That he knew and remembered well. Still, the legion had experimented much with the genetic material stolen back on Kiavahr, during the age of Horus’ hubris. Was he just a simulacrum? A shell with memories, a gear in a bigger plan?
            Omegon did not know. It was not important to know. If he indeed was, who he believed to be, then he needed to consolidate his power and strike out against the gathering dark. He needed to be the blade in the enemies’ ranks. If he truly was just a copy, an experiment of some sort, then he would fulfil his ordained purpose; even if it ended in demise, for many were the ways of the legion.
            Perhaps he was Omegon. The Omegon. He certainly was not Alpharius. Yet, he had to become the Alpha, assume the aspect of leader and drive the legion’s spear into the dark heart of those that truly threatened the Emperor and his vision.
            Alpharius Omegon took the spear in his hand, like many a time before, and commanded the servitors to help him. There was war to be done.
            War was, after all, the galaxy’s hygiene.

F9fLNuW.jpg?1

Hey folks :) Today I have a little preview of my Omegon conversion for you all! As you can see, the miniature looks significantly different than last time I posted pictures up here; the reasons for this are manifold. I tried painting both him and Alpharius Omegon, but soon I realized that my usual scheme for Alpha Legion does not really work on that many scaly surfaces and the colours just looked flat. So eventually, I stripped both miniatures and greenstuffed the surfaces smooth to have more ways of applying rough gradients and transfers. I am very, very happy with Omegon, but Alpharius-Omegon still is not quite to my taste. I think I shall tackle him for the next ETL, or maybe even for Loyalty & Treachery if I find the time.

Also, those that frequent the blog Echoes of Imperium (Seriously, go check it out) have probably already seen these images and this particular bit of fluff. Thanks a bunch to the aforementioned blog for their offer to feature me; it was a tremendous honour and joy!

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks!

@Pearson73: Thanks a lot man! i was surprised to see how little cutting and filing was needed to swap the chest areas between primaris!

That's all for today folks! Colour images and fluff shall soon follow! Have a good day :)