The Observer's 30k Stuff - Holguin Conversion

XX: When the Hydra Uncoils

The Imperial Court has received many, many complaints concerning the Alpha Legion. They are painfully aware of the difficulties associated with working with this legion. However, what most lords of the Solar Auxilia and the Auxilia Imperialis forget, is that the Twentieth still largely only answers to one person: The Emperor, and thus Horus.

-Senator Vilys, private musings

Some time ago, it must've been shortly before the Heresy, I remember this one incident where Dak'Terlin of the Salamanders and Alpharius, well Phyus really, of the Alpha Legion had a discussion about the mythical nature of their beast-emblems. Dak had begun that conversation and forced it for the most part. He didn't like Phyus, none really did and I can't fault any one of them. The Salamander had spoken about how, even in death, honourful and majestic such beasts like the volcanic lizards of his home were, compared to the many-faced and lying hydra. Phyus had only retorted that, at the end of the day, there might've been little honour in the way his brethren made war, but there was no honour in dying.

-Harrash, White Scar seconded to the Crusader Host on Terra

---Pict-Captures made at the REDACTED---

---Forces consisting of Mechanicum (Traitor), Alpha Legion (Suspected Traitor), Human Operatives (Suspected Traitor)---

---Force Size UNKNOWN---

Little did the Imperial forces ever know about the Alpha Legion or their practices. They would be, perhaps rightfully, shocked to find a legion that had developed a very own culture set apart from the wider Imperium. These writings will never be published, probably never even copied into a digital format, due to the value that informations have. Why the Legionmasters have commissioned me to write this I do not know, but I shall deliver whatever they ask. I am Lanta, once known as Ishkanah of Luna, and I am a remembrancer.

This is the story of the The Pythian Maw.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170111_230858_zps044fet9k.jpg

Many Imperial Warleader, perhaps even some of the Primarchs themselves, live under the false assumption, that the Alpha Legion only leads war throughj inssurection tactics. That is a lie. To speak such is to belittle the fact that the children of Alpharius are Astartes still. Primarily, most of the Alpha Legion's companies prepare planetary wars with intensive intel operations and planting of terroristic organizations or operatives, before they unleash a massive spearhead assault. Most of the more typical, hand on hand combat, for which the Astartes are known for, is to be observed in space. If the World Eaters are the Canine that bites into the ship and keeps on grinding until only scraps remain, no matter the blood lost, then the Alpha Legion is the crocodilian beast of old Straya that lays flat, waiting for a chance to tear its prey in two. If the Imperial Fists are the mailed hand that shatters the enemy in cold space, then the Twentieth is the razor claw dragged across one's belly.

This modum of war can be observed very well in the Pythian Maw's armoury. My masters always had a vast, working collection of various Tactical Dreadnought armour marks: Cataphractus, Tartaros and even the rare Saturnyne. Thanks to the Mechanicum allies, we also had a steady supply of Luna-Pattern mark III armour. This pattern, full name being the Mark III Luna-Pattern 707-Subtype Powerarmour, was a specific one, created with recovered technology of the Selenite and Lunar colonies. In terms of protection, it does not differ much from regular Mark III armoury, except for the slight increase in the back and decrease in the front. However, it is much more articulate than usual armour of that mark and it sports an integrated sound-surpression system recovered from Selenite insurgency forces. This would prove to be the main reason of use for this specific subtype of armour, with only the Iron Hands being known to have a moderate stock of this armour. The amour's reactor noise was greatly surpressed and increased the stealth of Astartes operatives. This system would be retrofitted onto future marks of armour, except for the mark II, which would prove incompatible.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170111_230956_zpsiwmgkgou.jpg

Most companies adhered to the, by now infamous, metallic lacquer blue-green that was brought into the legion with the arrival of Alpharius. Nonetheless, quite a few companies sport a very own colour scheme. The Pythian's Maw prefers its deep ashen blue paired with black, green and iron. The insignia was usually done in metallic green, white or tarnished silver, although yellow and red has been observed too. This company is one of the legion's oldest, as far as I know, and they've been using the Alpha/Omega sigil as their main symbol of identification ever since. There are rumours that Alpharius did not hold that name when he came to this legion, but that he adapted it once he saw the Alpha. Who is Omega then, I ask myself sometimes? Who is...Omegon? I fear I digress.

The company had very close ties to Mars, particularly due to its connection to the Archmagos Khaeranes Ravix, and as such it is not unusual to see Mars written in gothic script on their armour (Please observe the corner of the right shoulderpad of the attached Astartes-pic). Similarly, they used numbers and ancient greekian runes to denote rank, file and squads. Here we see a one and a delta. The one denotes the Astartes' position within the squad, I suppose. I am not to sure about their ranks and structures. However, I do know that the delta is a symbol with two meanings. On one hand, it means change or a fluctuating variable, which denotes the Astartes as part of the flexible tactical squad structure. On the other hand, it also means uncertainty, which is directed at the outsiders. Who is to know who those Astartes really are, after all?

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170111_230749_zpsgx04ral7.jpg

Most legions collect only the most hardy and brave individuals. There is certain merit there, no doubt. However, this means that ancient, darwinian principles are enforced upon the aspirants. Survive or perish. Succeed or fail. The Alpha Legion recruits groups, not individuals. They survive and succeed as a unity or not at all. An aspirant may be absolutely compatible and capable of receiving the gene-seed, but if he can't function in a group, if he can meld into the union seamlessly, he is rejected and becomes an operative. I have spent some time with the Sons of Perturabo, Ferrus and Dorn. All of them were men of valor and strength, each a hero in their own right. Yet still there always were some slight conflicts and difficulties, akin to a machine that still functions, yet there are small hicks in the spins of the wheels. The Alpha Legion is completely fused. They might not be as relentless as the two Iron legions or the sons of Dorn, but their trust in one another is absolute. There is no dispute, no acting out of order. You stand together or you fall alone.

I believe that this has something to do withe the formative years of this legion's inception. Not only were they already recruited in teams, but they were the Emperor's knife, much like the Custodes were his shield. The Custodes are solitary lions of war, they fight in loose unity, for they have little to gain from chaining themselves to each other. The Alpha Legion, then the Twentieth, grew close together, welded by wars waged in secret. Through unity, many smaller parts became a much greater unity.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170111_230819_zpsmtydn8tt.jpg

I have much to tell about this legion, much that is beautiful, much that is horrid.

Now, I must rest, for my lords will come again soon.

---------------------------------------------

Well, my first finished alpha legionary truescale :) The apothecary will follow tomorrow and perhaps even a terminator zone mortalis force, much like Kizzdougs made one!

@Mirbeau: Thanks man, glad you like it!

@marcusc: Thanks mate, means a lot. I am currently in the process of making several tutorials, amongst them Iron Warriors and will be uploading them to this thread and to the tutorial section. I have written your name down, so I will PM you as soon as it's done. :)

@Luna707: Thanks man, your Truescales kicked these off infact! Your figures actually gave me the idea of using regular sized MK III arms for the truescales! So for that, feel free to comment for as long as you want :tongue.: As said above, I am making a few tutorials which should be up soon. The first one will be Alpha Legion, and then comes Blood Angels. You'll get a pm as soon as it's done. :)

Well, hope you liked it!

C&C is, as always, welcome and much appreciated! Thanks for all and have a nice day.

Still absolutely loving this, too much good stuff to mention, but holy :cuss:, "old Straya"... I literally laughed out loud, quite hard too. Has this nomenclature ever actually been made use of in canon fluff? Or was this your doing? This made my day...

Thanks man, was counting on catching a few laughs. :) I don't believe that Australia is refered to as Straya in the 40k Setting, but some regions are already named by several noves and books, like Gyptus for example (Egypt). In any case, I basically pulled Old Straya out of nowhere, as far as I know. :)

Thanks man, was counting on catching a few laughs. :) I don't believe that Australia is refered to as Straya in the 40k Setting, but some regions are already named by several noves and books, like Gyptus for example (Egypt). In any case, I basically pulled Old Straya out of nowhere, as far as I know. :)

Gold, love it :) I like this style of bastardisation or translation used too and always enjoy the various continents/regions I see referred to in this manner. Nice to be among them :p

Keep it up! Looking forward to this take on the Alphas :tu:

XX: The Secrets bound in Blood

We never trusted them, true. Though I've always admired how unified they appeared. I am Alpharius, We are Alpharius, they'd always say. I admired that. Can't imagine how close they were with their primarch. Truth be told, I wish they were on our side. Why? Have you seen them wage war? Cities topple at the mere whisper of their orders. Your most trusted staff could be a legion operative. Once I fought at their side while boarding the Heart of Synea, a disgusting spacehulk. Like venom they spread through the corridors, slaughtering madmen and netherkin with utter precision and silence. Now, in this age of heresy, I've fought the World Eaters, the Death Guard and even the Sons of Perturabo. I still hope that I will never face the Hydra as my enemy.

-Centurion-Delegatus Habash of the Seventh

Pythian Maw, this is Captain Loriot Syneka of the vessel Thanos' Crucible, please answer our hails. I repeat, please answer our hails, your boarding units have launched into cold void and are on direct trajectory path to our vessel. Please recalculate the course of action, you'll be boarding a friendly vessel otherwise.

-Last transmission of the Thanos' Crucible, three years before Istvaan III

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170111_231412_zpslniurhvk.jpg

Lord Imar was the Apothecary Prime of this vessel. He had been the one to bring me to the Alpha Legion on behest of his lord. I still don't know what my exact purpose in this legion is, since I have never been used as an operative. Lord Imar is a cold, heartless soul and neither pain nor suffering of his protegées is a concern of his. He is only fixated upon completing his tasks, no matter the costs. I remember that one time I had broken my two fingers in an accident involving a servitor. Iram didn't see it fit to spend his time with putting my broken bones back in place, instead, he took my fingers off and gave me metal ones. They work just like the old ones used to, yet still...

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170111_231202_zpskcapqbd7.jpg

Many aboard the Pythian Maw have begun painting their insignia with a deep, metallic green. The reason for this, so is my hypothesis, is the obscuring effect that the contrast between depp, metallic green and ashen-blue creates. In this pict-capture, you can just about make out the hydra-emblem beneath all the scratches and ashes. It is interesting to note that many have hypothesized that the two main emblems of the legion (the hydra and the Alpha/Omega), indicate a schism of loyaltly, with those bearing the former holding to Alpharius and those holding the latter being truthful to the Imperium. This is a lie. While it is indeed true that there are elements and cells of the Legion that could be described as "loyalists" or "traitors", the vast majority should rather be described as a third party in this war. Much like the Blackshields that have come up in this age, the Alpha Legion does not truly subscribe to Horus' ideas, or so my masters would like me to believe.

I myself do not know what to believe, which is quite ironic considering who harbours me, but I do know that the company aboard the Pythian Maw has fought on both sides of this war. It is perhaps interesting to note that the Alpha Legion still bears the imperial eagle and the imperial raptor with pride. Maybe the Alpha Legion wages its war for the Imperium of Man and not for the Emperor or the Warmaster?

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170111_231104_zpsycqicyop.jpg

Imar had once come to me, like many of my masters, and had engaged in long conversations about philosophy and history. He never told me where he came from, but I suspect from a very arid region or planet. His skin was a handsome bronze, his hair was black, thick and a bit curly, his eyes had the colour of bronze patina. His kind features perfectly covered his cold, calculating nature. Imar enjoyed talking about the worth of a human life and if it should be treated just like a resource. At first, I was confused as to why he would talk about that with me, it was standard procedure in the Imperium to use humans as resources. Only after a few visits did I understand what his point was. He was asking me if I considered this system to be good, natural or acceptable?

An interesting question.

---------------------------------------------

So, as promised, the apothecary :) Sorry for the blurry pictures, didn't have anything usable at hand really.

@Tyrannicide: You mean as opposed to lenghtening the legs of regular astartes like Brother Heinrich, Marshall Rohr and you do? I will probably attempt that form too, but I enjoy making truescales out of terminators because it gives them this lumbering, humongous appereance, which I quite enjoy :) It also offers me a bigger surface for transfers and freehands. I will soon start making more standard sized astartes (I'm running out of truescale parts here:sweat: ) as I plan to make a Zone Mortalis Alpha Legion force (Cataphractus go!). So to answer your question, I will probablytm stick to this truescale method for the large part. Maybe I'll also make more extensions to regular kits, though I have tried it and didn't findt it all that enjoyable for myself. Though my content won't be all truescale, there will still be my Iron Warriors, Blood Angels etc etc that will be regular size. Hope this helps :)

@Draakur: Glad you like it man, if you want to see more Terra-centric content, visit my Unification thread every once in a while. There I'll be exploring some more of Straya soon ;)

Hope you enjoy the stuff! Have a good day. :)

C&C is, as always appreciated and welcome :)

• 3 weeks later...

IX: The Fury of Demons, the Hatred of Angels

The Sons of Sanguinius. The Blood Angels. The Baal-Born. The Ninth. Said to be amongst the greatest artisans of the Imperium, they had integrated the higher arts into their very being. I was once allowed to enter the Vergilium, a vessel of unparalleled beauty. Its skin was wrought of darkened iron and gleaming brass. Once inside, my eyes wept tears of joy. The halls were hewen out of white and black marble, rich in colour and yet modest in shape. Where one would expect the same gaudiness that the Emperor's Children sported, one only found a lofty sense of simplicity. Everything was beautifully wrought, chiseled, cut and painted with minute precision and yet there was nothing baroque or overdone about it. I felt like in the presence of the ancient master; D'Vinki, Mykaelangel, Klümpt, Bosk, Remprant and so many more paled in these halls. If there are perfect beings, then they are the Ninth.

-Remembrancer Janushka, Assigned to the Vergillium

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170129_181916_zpsxisdcjk8.jpg

Terra was burning. There was a certain beauty to this, even though it pains me to even think such. The opaque black and white sky clashes with the dusty, orange earth in violent throes as humongous warmachines spew their leaded payload across the horizon. The outter wall has fallen. The Imperial Fists had failed us. It is no matter and no shame, for who could match the Astartes if not his cousin? Now we, the Angels of Blood, must march forth at the side of the stoic sons of Dorn and the laughing White Scars.

I remember how I had once marched at the side of the traitors. I had known them well, my cousins. I remember how well the XVI understood us and just how much Lord Sanguinius had adored Horus. More than a century of love, companionship and brotherhood sundered by a madman's gambit for power. I weep as I cross the oxidized wastes of Ukrayna. I weep as I feel my blade crunch into the World Eaters chest. I weep as Mankind's future dies before my eyes.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170129_182127_zpsbhz4cxey.jpg

There is no rage in me. I know that many of my brethren fight with the Thirst. I know full well how hard it must be for them, even though I don't share that plight with them in this very moment. I don't feel the ache in my jaw, the fire of hunger in my stomach, because there is no hate in me. Only sadness. Not a single medal or honorific of this war adorns my armor. There is no honor to be won in killing your once-family. It is the grim duty of justice and vengeance that hangs above us like a shroud. While resupplying in the palace, I had caught a glimpse of my shoulder armor in a polished metal sheet. Like all of my brethren, I bear a winged drop of blood on my shoulder, our legion's crest. Usually, the blooddrop is carved out of rubies or emeralds native to Baal and Terra, thus spanning in colour from a rich red-purple to verdant green. Mine was the soft colour of sanguine oranges, yet in the cold light of the palace it had turned deep blue, like water. A literal tear wreathed in black wings.

How poetic.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170129_182245_zpsvjhftldw.jpg

A pause. We can rest. The enemy was driven back momentarily and the White Scars have granted us a bit of time to breathe. The plateau is covered in ceramite-clad corpses. Pale white, cerulean, sickly green, emerald, red and many more colour strewn in a rainbow of carnage. I take of my helm and feel the scorching rad-wind upon my skin. The air smells of iron and chlorine. I can hear the faint thunder of ordonance as heavy shells tear into the earth.

A dessicated tree catches my attention. It is bone white, bleached by an uncaring sun and stripped of every little bit of life it once held. The surface was smooth, like ivory, and already images of beautiful artistry fill my mind. Back home, back on Baal, my mother had taught me how to carve the native iron woods and create both weapons and trinkets. I can't remember her face or name, only what she taught me and the name she gave me, the initiation had stripped away everything else.

She had called me Ishbal.

He-who-weeps-for-the-lost.
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170129_182159_zps9doqkdrb.jpg

I wish I could die. Just lay down and close my eyes. My lord had elevated me into this higher form to bring peace to humanity, to usher into an age of hope and prosperity. Now, nothing was left but a hollow carcass of this dream. The reason I was created had been destroyed by men to blind to understand what they did. But I can't stop. I can only find peace if punishment has been enacted. After all, only in death does duty end. I wonder what will happen after this war.

Who will win?

What will be our purpose?

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys :) It's been quite some time, life has been pretty busy. I had lots to do and fell ill for a few days, still recovering as a matter of fact. Anyone who knows about chronic migraines will know what I mean :sweat: Anyways, here I have the start of a small Blood Angels Veteran squad for my horus heresy army. There will be some more stuff: assault marines, a leviathan dreadnought or two and a cataphractii armored praetor is what I have planned atm :)

Hope you like him and enjoy your day!

C&C is, as always, much appreciated! :)

XX: In the Shadow of the Palace

"For the Emperor"

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/IMG_20170129_181854_zpszuoejj7b.jpg

-------------------------------------------------

Hey folks :) Here's a wip of my Alpha Legion Praetor from way back (The other one a few pages back somehow vanished from my desk...). The dagger is actually one of the poisonous daggers from the genestealer cult boxes. I'm still unsure about the modified bolter, maybe I'll change it for a tigrus bolter with an ammunition drum or something more interesting.

@Tyrannicide: Cheers mate! :) Heard that several time and I think it's the mix of a more brighter red than many people go for these days, plus most of the shading being done with washes, pigments and scratches. I'll show you what I mean when I upload my updated Blood Angels Tutorial :)

So, I've been stuck with making Mordheim stuff as of lately (GW, seriously, don't you wanna print money, nahmsayin'?) but I've managed to get my first plastic squad of cataphracti terminators from my PO box and will shortly start a Zone Mortalis Alpha Legion force, which will incidentally also be the very first game oriented force I have ever built!

Also, some more chaos stuff will be popping up shortly in my other threads, so stay tuned.

C&C is, as always, welcome and highly appreciated. Have a nice day :)

I actually like the look of the old school bolter that you've done with your Alpha's Praetor (never used to before but then again it's probably grown on me a bit). Is he ordinary astartes scale? Also what knife is he carrying? It looks like a filthy xenos one :P

Looking forward to seeing more from your Alphas (and Angels hopefully).

Hey folks :smile.: Amongst some of the Horus Heresy: Inferno leaks was a picture of a Sixth Legion Correctional Officer paint scheme. I liked it so much, I had to make a figure and paint it up in the same scheme. Sadly, I didn't have any more Mk II or Mk III left, so I had to make due with a Mk IV miniature I had lying around. There is also not much fluff to accompany him since this was done purely as a painting excercise.

http://i.imgur.com/Jh2x7wM.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/tJEEzup.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/cxjx3rc.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/trzHBXG.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/DoL0OBl.jpg?1

@Thousand Eyes: Thanks for the advice mate :smile.: Due to how impatient I was with laying down the basecoat, I actually just went and replaced the bolter with a regular Tigrus bolter from FW :sweat:

@Soric: Appreciate it mate :smile.: I went and replaced the bolter because I wasn't quite feeling it, though the Rogue Trader-ish bolters will make a return with my Pre Heresy forces and maybe even with some HH Dark Angels (If I make some that is). The Praetor is based on Forge Worlds Alpha Legion Harrowmasterf Armillus Dynat. He is slightly larger and beefier than the refular space marine, which is fitting with the Alpha Legion. The knife is indeed a filthy xenos one! It's one of the toxin daggers from the Genestealer Cult Hybrid boxes. Currently I'm having a bit of an Alpha Legion and Blood Angels streak, so there will be about a dozen more figures for them, before I start on some more in depth Alpha Legion stuff :smile.:

Edited by The Observer

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks! :smile.: Today I have a WiP of an Alpha Legion Terminator Sergeant for my Zone Mortalis force.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170220_233902_zpsbl4bybeq.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170220_234048_zps2pjywfxw.jpg

I just need to add a bit more depth to the steel and to the leather and that's it, well apart from the base really. This one was also a tester to see if my Truescale Scheme also works on regular scale marines. I'd say a sound success :D I have four more left, plus a Saboteur and a PA Praetor.

@Vairocanum: Thanks man! :)

@kizzdougs: Thank you very much mate! Couldn't resist them anymore after seeing your very own Terminator deliciousness. Although mine will be of a more cataphractii-y flavour. :)

@Maximvs: The tutorial will be comming in the next few weeks, I am still sourcing the parts for a MK II marine to paint. :) I will shoot you a PM when that's done.

@Pearson73: Thanks man. To be honest, I had this particular powerfist in my box since the release of the new assault marine kit and just couldn't figure out what to do with it. Lo and behold, I found a leftover Kakophonii marine (Seriously amazing kit with good Mk IV legs and poses) and went to town on it.

So, hope you like what I had for you today. :)

C&C is, as always, highly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

XIII: The Avenging Son

I am the Thirteenth.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170311_203920_zps3c9wciul.jpg

I am the son of Konor and the Emperor alike.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170311_203939_zpshsndxhl9.jpg

I am the Lord of Ultramar.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170311_203952_zpsnbrjvwzg.jpg

I am Guillaume.

------------------------------------

Hey folks, long time no see :) Life's been pretty stressful and the whole buhurt around the GS 3 release soured my mood about the hobby a bit. Well, I decided to go out today and get both the book (Purely for fluff reasons) and the new box kit. While initially on the fence about Guillaume, I've decided that I quite like him. I just decided to cut down the joints a bit in order to give him a more natural pose (The actual one is actually more ridiculous in the flesh than I expected). I took the gun off his fist, as I didn't enjoy that one either. The sword I actually quite liked on him, but I desire it for another conversion, much like his helm (XIth Legion anyone?). I will probably add a few more purity seals, a few pouches and maybe even a gladius in a scabbard to his hip. All in all, all three figurines have been a joy to convert and I think that people should give the stuff a try, as the kit is pretty nice and the squiggly detail on roboute is pretty easy to scrape away with a chisel shaped knife. The face is also MUCH better now that I see it without colour.

I'll certainly go for a more muted scheme with a deeper royal blue, silver and just a touch of gold (plus weathering but that one goes without saying).

Hope you like this little conversion of mine. More painted stuff is comming :)

• 1 month later...

A small update

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170505_003209_zpsjllizbfz.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170505_003240_zpssbqezuwm.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170505_003338_zpsvdqs81t6.jpg

Hey folks, back after a short break with a more or less finished Alpha Legion Terminator Leader for my nascent Zone Mortalis force :) I apologize for the less than stellar pictures, had a bit of a difficult time with them. I am currently painting the rest of the squad, nearly finished in fact, and have also done a little something else, take a peak:

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170505_002749_zpsaa68mxgf.jpg

Yup, a short stint back to the Iron Warriors :) I've just read Perturabo: Hammer of Olympia and that has rekindled my love for the IVth legion and quite fierce at that! I painted a regular Mark III marine up in my usual scheme, but I've added some enamel weathering and sating coat over it, just as a small experiment. I quite like it :) Currently, I have a LAnd Raider in the works for Perturabo's Sons, as well as some parts on the way for my Alpha Legion Zone Mortalis Praetor, an Iron Warriors Master of Signals and a few more bits and bobs.

Hope you like the small update, even if it is a bit sparse, more pictures should follow quicker than last time. :)

That reboute with "new" sternguard bolter addon is quite... Impressive fit for him. I was shure it would be too smal but it looks like well, tiny bit bigger then bolt pistol count as

XX: The Unseen Hand

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him.

If he is in superior strength, evade him.

If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

If he is taking his ease, give him no rest.

If his forces are united, separate them.

If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them.

Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected

Sun Tzu, supreme warlord of ancient Terra

http://i.imgur.com/3eO0l4O.jpg?1

The Alpha Legion had taken them by surprise, had boarded the Munin with a surgeon's precision and already spread like a cancer in the veins. If Kyon was honest, he did not expect something like this, not from the Alpha Legion. The Imperial Fists, World Eaters, hell, even the Iron Warriors and Night Lords were known for boarding assaults; but the Alpha Legion? Since their grand-scale infiltration of his legion, the Raven Guard, all Astartes and personelle were subjected to routine testing and screening, maybe that was why. They couldn't come in the usual way, so they chose the brutal path.

Kyon was impressed. Almost a hundred terminators, a similar number of despoilers and several veteran and headhunter cadres. There were even reports of contemptor and leviathan dreadnought talons scouring the Munin. Truth be told, Kyon knew that they would lose. The XXth had laid low, cloaked, shielded, until the majority of his force had made planetfall upon Ahtran-IIB in order to engage the local Iron Warriors and World Eaters garrison, thus leaving only a skeleton crew back. Now, they couldn't even provide support to the forces off-vessel, but had to fend for their life. This all had happened too smoothly for it to be a trap. The more Kyon thought about it, the more he was sure that this was exactly the way the Alpha Legion would wage war.

http://i.imgur.com/02Ip89c.jpg?1

Almost a third of the vessel had fallen silent, all ways of communication had collapsed. This was not a simple ambush, the Alpha Legion was searching for something; but what? Kyon knew of nothing that was of particular value aboard his ship. There was ammunition and warmaterial, sure, but that could be acquired after swiftly exterminating the skeleton crew. He and veteran squads IV and VII were swiftly advancing through the familiar halls. Some were filled with smoke or completely dark, but that was no issue for those who wore power-armour, especially the newly issued mark VI armour.

Gunshots echoed through the hallways, the enemy was close. At a sign of his, squad IV advanced, combi-bolters held ready and flamers primed. They were few, but even five flamer-units were enought to torch whole squads. He could see their ashen-blue and black armour now. The Raven Guard had fought the Alpha Legion on several occasions and everyone was surprised at the variety of colours the XXth displayed in battle. Cyan, metallic-blue, deep-green, ashen blue and even black and white. Amidst the legion squads, he saw a radar-dish peeking out. A tactical officer then. They were almost in range to deliver their burning payload, cloaked in the element of surprise. Then the radar-dish turned towards them.

So did fifty bolters.

http://i.imgur.com/CCHBj0H.jpg?1

They were brutally mowed down, without taking even one of them down. Hashek, sergeant of veteran squad IV, had saved Kyon's life purely by standing infront of him. He was still alive, badly mauled and disarmed, but alive. Although, for how long he was not so sure. The ashen-blue wave of ceramite slowly surrounded him while gunning down the remaining pockets of Raven Guard. The radar dish came closer and Kyon saw that it belonged to a Master of Signals, so not just a tactical officer.

"Your name and rank" His viridian lenses had a cold, crocodilian quality to them "Now."

"Go an-and feth yerself you gr-groxfondler" Kyon's lungs, natural and gifted, were filling up with blood, its acrid taste was omnipresent.

"Have it your way then" A cord extended from the legionnaires wrist-cogitator, which he then plugged into one of the few not ruined ports of Kyon's armour. The defense protocols were broken in moments and the Raven Guard centurio saw a wall of lingua technis scroll before his eyelenses, until one portion was highlighted in orange.

////////////ARMOURY LOG: 114528741-72////////////

////////////PLACE OF PRODUCTION: MARS; TEMPLE OF HASHTUR////////////

////////////FIRST ISSUED TO: CENTURIO-CHAMPION KYON FAHTAAL////////////

////////////CURRENTLY ISSUED TO: CENTURIO-CHAMPION KYON FAHTAAL////////////

"He is part of the commanding staff" The officer signalled to another Alpha legionnaire "Apothecary, patch him up and take squad Ahrarat with you as an escort."

Kyon groaned as cold needles pushed into his meat, the viscous liquids numbed his pain, catalysed his body's healing capabilities and made him drowsy. The officer turned around and opened the vox again.

"Lord Alpharius, we have our target. Shall I initiate the extermination protocols and prepare the units for scavenging actions?"

Kyon could not hear the answer, his mind was swimming in amilky haze.

"As you wish."

http://i.imgur.com/Nax5KtQ.jpg?1

---------------------------------------

I'm still waiting on my delivery from forgeworld, so that I can finally build my AL terminator praetor, a Tyberos for my Carcharodons and some more stuff for my AL and IW :smile.: Today I've got a master of signals for you. While I did not really need one per se, I still figured that every son of Alpharius worth his salt should have one :smile.:

@Jukkiz: To be quite honest, I needed the sword for something else and still wanted to give this figure a go. Plus, Roboute always seemed like the Primarch who would use a bolter. I've tried painting him several times now, but it is just such a chore. He's souring on my table a bit at the moment.

Hope you like the little update :smile.: I'll probably return in two weeks or so, since exam week is just around the corner and I still have some stuff to take care of.
Have a nice day! C&C is, as always, welcome and highly appreciated :smile.:

Edited by The Observer