A Blade once broken, Is reforged. (Terminator Scheme Redux)

Nah man, you're on to something good here Arkley. I highly doubt your brothers here will let you quit this idea. We are a stubborn bunch

Style wise, what exactly are you looking for here? Have you thought of checking out 3rd party companies like Puppets of War for bits?

Well maybe its best to ditch the helmet, and the rear wing. 

Wait for the transfers and include more of the ravenwing elements as battle honours.

If you are thinking about ditching the helmets then why not put all of the bikers in robes?  Remind you this is coming from someone building a Guardians of the Covenant army.  I would go with red robes.  Use the shade of red in your company colors.  I've done up black bikers with red robes and it looks killer.  The red could also tie into the "hell" from the Hell Hounds.  Not sure if this is the feel you are going for but having all your veteran bikers in robes would look stellar and it is not too far from the fluff either!

You could of course go down the Brother Spaced Hulk route and make every dude totally different, that way any theme will not look out of place as the 'Hounds' are a feral bunch of non conformists.

Just sayin'.....but my ideas are pretty cool, especially when I copy S.H. :P

I think your basic idea is really good, but I agree with the others that the space wolf head doesn't look right. Not because it's a Space Wolf, but because the sculpt of that particular piece (in my opinion, of course) isn't good enough. It's always seemed too cartoony, for want of a better term.

I actually really sympathise, as I've spent hours (and hours, and hours!) searching the net for a decent skull helm, in easily obtainable quantities, to use for the Revenants (my own DA successor chapter 2nd Company). The closest I've found are some heads from Anvil Industry, and I've never been completely satisfied with them.

My advice, for what it's worth, is to look for a more subtle solution. For example, I've always thought that Mark 4 heads look quite 'canine', especially in profile. The older GW plastic ones particularly (sternguard, vanguard, Templar ,BA death company kits) but to a lesser extent the newer, forgeworld inspired Betrayal at Calth ones as well.

Hope this helps mate! :-)

Edit: @ Stobz: Cheers brother! :-) Non-conformity is, of course, my middle name :-)

Edit 2: Chaplain Lucifer's post has reminded me, it's worth checking out the Night Lords Terror squad head upgrades from Forgeworld as well. They're Mark 4 heads with skull/bestial iconography, which might be perfect for your theme.

Have you thought about "Hellhounding" them only with the decals? The heads could be more of a knightly type, to reference the old Caliban Knights riding on noble steeds etc... 

But maybe a 'hound' skull on the front fairing for some of your ICs? Especially chaplains? I think your Cerberus decals are awesome enough to get the point across without losing sight of which legion, ahem, chapter they are founded from...

I'm not sure about this one the hell hounds sounds good on paper but in practice the wolf head feels a bit too much like copy right infringement to me. Maybe some third party bits that are less obviously spec Wolfy.

Well maybe its best to ditch the helmet, and the rear wing. 

Wait for the transfers and include more of the ravenwing elements as battle honours.

If you are thinking about ditching the helmets then why not put all of the bikers in robes?  Remind you this is coming from someone building a Guardians of the Covenant army.  I would go with red robes.  Use the shade of red in your company colors.  I've done up black bikers with red robes and it looks killer.  The red could also tie into the "hell" from the Hell Hounds.  Not sure if this is the feel you are going for but having all your veteran bikers in robes would look stellar and it is not too far from the fluff either!

The Wolf helmets are ditched.

Well my original plan was to do them black, but I cant find a justification of why my 2nd Company would be the same as Ravenwing. 

Robes for the Cerberus would work. 

I'm personally a fan of the wolf helmet, but robes sound cool. It's a unforgiven thing

I was browsing around for you last night Arkley. The only helmets I could find that are wolf, but not over the top wolf are the Anubis helmets from Puppets of War. A little bit stylised though, they seem a bit more Thousand Sons than the 1st Legion, but could be subtle enough with some slight mods

Sorry, on my phone at the moment and can't seem to post a link

I was browsing around for you last night Arkley. The only helmets I could find that are wolf, but not over the top wolf are the Anubis helmets from Puppets of War. A little bit stylised though, they seem a bit more Thousand Sons than the 1st Legion, but could be subtle enough with some slight mods

Sorry, on my phone at the moment and can't seem to post a link

Yup I looked at them too :P

OK I think the best thing for me to do is for the Cerberus is Mk4 Helmets with the muzzle painted bone.

With the transfers too I think this is more than enough.

I will explain the Ravenwing symbol as the highest battle honour anyone in the 2nd can get (I will dress this up a little). This ties the 2nd back to the Dark Angels Legion.

I was going to paint them Red like the rest of my chapter but I think Black is the best option.

Very cool transfers!  The contrast of the picture is a little hard on the eyes but I cannot wait to see them on the models!

Archived