A Blade once broken, Is reforged. (Terminator Scheme Redux)

I've always had a soft spot for that Sapph-Modai model.

I have to admit, I've heard before that this was "supposed" to be Sapphon despite never having seen it on the sculpt's tab or referenced that way in official pubs... Where does the info on the model's origin come from please? I'm curious to find out! :P

Thanks, I'll have to check that out next time I'm at the hobby shop

I have to admit, I've heard before that this was "supposed" to be Sapphon despite never having seen it on the sculpt's tab or referenced that way in official pubs... Where does the info on the model's origin come from please? I'm curious to find out! :P

Oh boy, you're testing my memory here. I believe it dates back to 2nd edition, and the Angels of Death DA/ BA codex. I believe there used to be stats for Asmodai as well as Sapphon. The model they put out was named Asmodai, but he had Sapphons weapon loadout. Again this is going back 20+ years... It's a little hazy in my brain most days

I have to admit, I've heard before that this was "supposed" to be Sapphon despite never having seen it on the sculpt's tab or referenced that way in official pubs... Where does the info on the model's origin come from please? I'm curious to find out! tongue.png

In 2nd edition codex Angels of Death, Sapphon had a power sword as part of his wargear, where Asmodai did not, he never has had access well not in 6th or 7th, in 2nd he could "buy" one I am not sure about 3rd, 4th or 5th

I personally think they mislabelled him and instead of sorting it out they didnt bother.

Chaplain Cassius had the same issue for ages his figure didnt come with Infernus but they finally sorted it, like they did when they actually created Asmodai smile.png

Edit - Ninja'd on my own thread *Shakes fist at Greenz*.... Mmmm he "WAS" a Veteran in my 3rd... Might be a Cherub for my Dev Squad soon :P

Haha my bad, sorry Arkley. And in your thread too hahaha

Hey, on the bright side, thanks for reassuring me my memories not as dull as a butter knife!

Ah, I see, it's an equipment on the the model vs equipment in the rules issue. I played 2E (and have AoD codex), and also have all the codices since, but was thrown off by the fact that they all show the painted model with the description that it's Asmodai.

With regard to Cassius, I have both versions of his model; the one with the bolt pistol, and the one with the combi-flamer. I actually like the combi-flamer one more as a model anyway.

I always assumed that there were often last-minute changes in rules or models that lead to such disconnects, rather than the models being of the "wrong" character (although I'm sure that's probably happened too at some point).

Anyway, I appreciate the reply, so thank you! :)

Next vow. :)

I Brother Arkley, March in the glory of the Lion and ETL V.

Vow (#2), One Librarian 105pts, Tactical Squad 205pts, Venerable Dreadnought 140pts

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/WP_20160617_19_35_34_Pro_zpsxbyjfr9s.jpg

Failure is not an option.

Oh I did a test :P

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/WP_20160617_19_56_06_Rich_zpssyxj1jdx.jpg

Looking at the helm up close, I think there may only be two things to modify to get it away from the wolf and more toward a hound. Remove the scruff under the "Cheeks" and smooth them out. A lot of hounds that spring to mind don't have long fur. I might even try to round them a bit.

The other modification is to remove the snarling ridges on the snout and make it smooth. I am bouncing between the idea of painting the "nose" a different color or not. Probably not for simplicity's sake. While it does wrinkle when sniffing, it is not that pronounced and these are meant to be expert trackers.

I can think of a third but it would require either green stuff or plasticard and if I recall, that is not your favorite stuff to work with. I'll mention it to see if others would agree or think I'm going as mad as Luther. The ears are made to look erect because they are on wolves, but again on the hounds I can quickly recall, they have droopy ears that hang down. I think you would need a small triangular piece of plasticard or green stuff to fill in the black ear and make it look like a droopy ear. 

I'm not lazy honest smile.png

That's good. I didn't make a brush stroke for the last 2 days... (The heat is melting my brain)

I look forward to see him finished. Maybe he can do a bit weather magic?

Archived