A Blade once broken, Is reforged. (Terminator Scheme Redux)

Wowsers i have a real life warp storm for a month and I come back to find you've been smashing it. I've just spent an hour or so catching up on your progress and its all looking amazing good work dude!

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/WP_20160703_16_10_57_Rich_zps9wjy1ww2.jpg

I present Revered Brother Anton - Formally Knight Commander Anton Lamprecht of the 3rd Company - Residing in Dreadnought Chassis Semper

Anton ordered 2 of his Tactical Squads to flank the Word Bearers position while he and his Command Squad ran from cover to cover in order to close the distance, there were few of them left now but the main target a Fallen known as Gaar'th the Pure, his previous name a memory.

Devastator Squad Alban killed three more traitors leaving Gaar'th and another. Johan the Company Champion vaulted the ruined wall and launched himself at the other traitor while Anton powered his thunder hammer and drew his duelling sword. But before Anton could deliver a blow, Gaar'th threw his bolt pistol down, his ruined power fist lay limp at his side.

“Victory is yours, Brother.” He said mockingly. As he surrendered.

Johan pointed his sword as the traitors neck.

“Commander, this traitor deserves nothing but death.” Johan's hatred clear in his voice over the command squads private vox.

“Agreed my Champion but that is not how deal with some traitors.”

With pre-natural speed Gaar'th conjured a crude blade and lunged at Anton, before Anton could react the blade pierced his armour and his hearts, Johan launched himself at Gaar'th but before he could Gaar'th became gaseous and insubstantial. Anton sank to his knees his life running out.

Before the smoke disappeared Gaar'th's voice could be heard mockingly...

“Weak Brother.... You were weak”

Johan called for Edmund the company Apothecary.

Dying on a backwater planet was not what Anton wanted. His vision faded as he looked at the 3rd Company Banner for last time.

He was right he muttered “I was weak.”

999.M41 Game of Shadows
New Mannheim's Pride under the command of Johan and the 3rd chase down a damaged Eldar Cruiser of some unknown Craftworld. On closer inspection a small Tyranid splinter force is discovered. Knight Commander Johan with the help of former Knight Commander and now Revered Knight Anton kill the Hive Tyrant. This is the first recorded encounter of Tyranids by the Chapter. Minimal losses taken.

I am on the waiting list for my stuff from Shapeways so chapter icons are not placed yet sad.png

Not weak anymore! thumbsup.gif

Shapeways takes its time, how long did they estimate it would take?

It was 2 weeks from the 9th of June...

I will be honest I am getting sick of waiting, with the Transfer issues and now this I am regretting every going the custom route. In total I have been waiting over 3 months in total.

It is pushing me 1 of 2 ways... Go with DA symbols like I had over 4 years ago or stop painting the Blades for now.

I am just a little fed up.. As everything i have vowed is unfinished and frankly is just as good as failure.

Not weak anymore! thumbsup.gif

Shapeways takes its time, how long did they estimate it would take?

It was 2 weeks from the 9th of June...

I will be honest I am getting sick of waiting, with the Transfer issues and now this I am regretting every going the custom route. In total I have been waiting over 3 months in total.

It is pushing me 1 of 2 ways... Go with DA symbols like I had over 4 years ago or stop painting the Blades for now.

I am just a little fed up.. As everything i have vowed is unfinished and frankly is just as good as failure.

I'm sorry to hear! :(

For what it's worth, I'd suggest:

1) Keep going with the custom route. You've come too far and worked too hard to let it all go now.

2) Keep going with the Blades. They look great IMO, and it'd be a shame to lose steam on them now.

3) Paint up and white-glue on temporary pads for ETL. The models will be finished and glued together that way - but nothing says you can't pop the pads off and replace them later on (hence the white glue). The temporary pads can be plain, or they can be decorated/embossed/decalled as you like. Besides, painting a few extra shoulder pads isn't really a big deal is it? (I mean that you seem to paint neatly and fast, so doing up an extra couple of dozen shouldn't take you long or cost you much/anything).

So time for some "Grim Resolve" methinks! ;)

I totally agree with what Major Gilbear suggests. Don't give up!!! Your BoA are amazing, and a completely different approach to the Unforgiven. Itd be a shame to walk away from them.

Have you considered going the Blu-Stuff route of casting moulds and making your own resin shoulder pads in the future? It's too bad Shapeway is taking forever, at least that way you don't have to rely on an outside company

The Blades of Alaric are great! The Story and the painting.wub.gif

Yes, I read the story, just forgot comment on it, because I read it as a bed time story. The names of your character remind me of my friends. I painted my first Dark Angel for a buddy by the name of Karsten. biggrin.png

Don't you dare to give up.

There is plenty of time.

Archived